The Shins - "Chutes Too Narrow"

fr8lover

g09851z6234.jpg

this album is absolutely AMAZING. their album before this "oh, inverted world!" was in my cd player for the better part of a year, and this one wasn't the disappointment that i usually expect from follow ups to an album as good as the last.

Its got a country-tinged song or two, a couple acoustic joints, but mostly the shins' version of well-produced, layered, fun rock and roll.

"oh, inverted world!" reminded me a lot of the beach boys, and it was the perfect summer album. this ones not through and through as happy as the first but the more rockin songs have a lot of 60s and 70s influence in them.

my favorite tracks are "mine's not a high horse" which has amazing keyboard backrounds and james mercer's great singing voice and "saint simon" which sounds straight out of the 60s with these little breakdowns of melodic singing, keyboards and cello that gave me chills...

go cop this album now, and get "oh, inverted world!" if you hadnt heard that too...its really mood changing music, for the better.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this album is absolutely AMAZING. their album before this "oh, inverted world!" was in my cd player for the better part of a year, and this one wasn't the disappointment that i usually expect from follow ups to an album as good as the last.

THANK GOD! i was havent heard it yet, but i was hoping that was your reaction, and not eh, its not as good as inverted world...

trust freighlover kids, and go buy yourself some shins....your ears will thank you....

that first album was just almost to good....

i just happy it within the same ballpark....

sophmore albums can be tricky sometimes....

but yeah when i heard inverted for the first time it knocked my socks off, thank you beardz, and when i finally got it, thank you poopman, it stayed in heavy rotation for months on end.....

classic sounds.....

beardo saw shins and modest mouse together.....bastard!

Wow .. I didn't know anyone else here liked them. I saw them twice within 12 hours (one a club show, the other a festival show). They are without a doubt my favorite band for the past six months.

Here's what I said in another thread about them:

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

ANUS ONER TWOER SATURDAY

I go see The Shins, possibly my favorite band. No pictures. But Wayne from The Flaming Lips was at the show, so that’s worth mentioning.

stopreadinghiddenmessagesstopreadinghiddenmessagesstopreadinghiddenmessagesstopreadinghiddenmessages

ANUS ONER TWOER SUNDAY

• • •

The Shins

http://fattydave.homestead.com/files/theshins.jpg'>

Review: Double Plus Good

Song to sample: The entire Oh, Inverted World album

• 1 month later...

Archived