Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The fur industry is one of the world's cruelest

Discussion in 'News' started by 2342, Feb 14, 2006.

1. 2342

2342 Junior Member

The fur industry is one of the world's cruelest, and China is the source of most of the world's fur products. In the absence of any legislation or government control, animals in the Chinese fur industry are subject to the most extreme forms of abuse. Investigations of fur farms in China have exposed shocking methods of trapping, transportation, confinement and killing. The species being used include not only typical sources of fur such as rabbits, foxes, minks and raccoons, but also domestic dogs and cats, whose furs are often being deliberately mislabeled and exported as fur from other species. More than 40 million animals are killed each year for their fur.

For more information on the Chinese fur industry please refer to the these websites:
    furkills.org - The True Price of Fur
    furisdead.com - A Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms
    furisdead.com - China's Dog and Cat Fur Trade
    fourrure de luxe - How many animals does it take to make one fur coat?
    petatv.com - Video. Warning: highly disturbing images

http://www.thenausea.com/elements/special%...na/chinafur.htm

http://www.thenausea.com/elements/special%...chinafurpic.htm

http://www.thenausea.com/menu.html

2. Soup

Soup Elite Member

I really can't give a fuck.

3. swedish erotica

swedish erotica Banned

4. Flavicon

Flavicon Senior Member

meh whatever

I do my part by buying those brown eggs

5. Irobpeople

Irobpeople Junior Member

AND YOU MUST BE THE MONOPOLY GUY !!!!!!!!!!!!

6. 2342

2342 Junior Member

Soup- If you don’t give a fuck- then why waste your time to comment at all? I respect your opinion just as we should all respect each others opinion. I happen to care deeply for animals and their rights.

For anyone else who is interested here is a web site that contains a video with regards to the Chinese fur farms. It is quite disturbing.

http://furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/

7. Flavicon

Flavicon Senior Member

??? :huh2: :huh:

8. Irobpeople

Irobpeople Junior Member

that wasn't directed towards you it was to the thread when i heard of the fur industry i tought ace ventura

9. I used to not give much of a fuck, until I saw that video with the live skinned raccoons. That shit was fucking brutal. I just don't see the fucking point of not killing it first.

10. Soup

Soup Elite Member

Soup- If you don’t give a fuck- then why waste your time to comment at all? I respect your opinion just as we should all respect each others opinion. I happen to care deeply for animals and their rights.

For anyone else who is interested here is a web site that contains a video with regards to the Chinese fur farms. It is quite disturbing.

http://furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/

[post=4318090]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

I thought I needed to voice my indifference before this thread got underway, so the general voice was balanced.

I see animal rights groups parading around my town all the damn time and I've owned dogs my whole life so I'm not an animal hater, but if you have the time to parade around San Francisco informing folks about ANIMAL RIGHTS... i can think of ten more important things to parade around for.

We're human, we're not meant to feel guilty for where we are on the food chain.

11. BURLAP

BURLAP Member

peta's got some sweet vids..
    like the one where they put cows from one side in this stall thing and it's head only hangs out, then a guy waltzes up and slices the cows neck, then they release it to the other side where it freaks out gasping for life and blood gushes everywhere.
    most people don't give a fuck where their food comes from or what's really in it, which is why so many people are unhealthy, fat, depressed and generally unhappy.

12. 2342

2342 Junior Member

Very well said- Burlap. I completely agree with you. I feel as though (and this is of course a generalization) until people see up close and personal where their food comes from- and the BGH that goes into the animal –then into us- meaning until it affects us directly- and we stand up- wake up and take bloody notice, nobody will give a fuck.

Of course I realize that the people pandering around SF fighting, protesting for animals- human rights, torture, GITMO, equal rights and of course immigration issues- and such may not have 2 kids- or a mortgage to pay- along with the monthly car payment not to mention all those credit card payments. All of these things are important. For some though their list of “to do’s� simply goes in a different order than the person in the new M5 sitting at the red light- on Market Street- in 5 o’clock traffic trying to get home – only to circle the flat for an hour looking for parking because the nanny has yet again taken the garage.

There are many directions that life takes us- which intern means our own list of “to do’s� winds up a bit different when we finally settle.

To Soup- Your comment about us being human and not being meant to feel guilty about where we are on the food chain- should read that “you� do not feel guilty which is all well and good. I do not believe it is a matter of guilt but more over our own priorities and our own personal belief system. 2342

13. Soup

Soup Elite Member

You're on crack.

14. Soup

Soup Elite Member

You look at ANYTHING close enough and you'll get grossed out. You're depressed because you're looking at racoons getting fucking d-STROYED without and understanding of culture. Get a life... better yet, get a webber.

15. yum

yum Junior Member

go and kick your dog or something soup