The fur industry is one of the world's cruelest

The fur industry is one of the world's cruelest, and China is the source of most of the world's fur products. In the absence of any legislation or government control, animals in the Chinese fur industry are subject to the most extreme forms of abuse. Investigations of fur farms in China have exposed shocking methods of trapping, transportation, confinement and killing. The species being used include not only typical sources of fur such as rabbits, foxes, minks and raccoons, but also domestic dogs and cats, whose furs are often being deliberately mislabeled and exported as fur from other species. More than 40 million animals are killed each year for their fur.

For more information on the Chinese fur industry please refer to the these websites:

furkills.org - The True Price of Fur

furisdead.com - A Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms

furisdead.com - China's Dog and Cat Fur Trade

fourrure de luxe - How many animals does it take to make one fur coat?

petatv.com - Video. Warning: highly disturbing images

http://www.thenausea.com/elements/special%...na/chinafur.htm

http://www.thenausea.com/elements/special%...chinafurpic.htm

http://www.thenausea.com/menu.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Soup@Feb 13 2006, 10:55 PM

I really can't give a fuck.

Soup- If you don’t give a fuck- then why waste your time to comment at all? I respect your opinion just as we should all respect each others opinion. I happen to care deeply for animals and their rights.

For anyone else who is interested here is a web site that contains a video with regards to the Chinese fur farms. It is quite disturbing.

http://furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I used to not give much of a fuck, until I saw that video with the live skinned raccoons. That shit was fucking brutal. I just don't see the fucking point of not killing it first.

Originally posted by 2342+Feb 14 2006, 07:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2342 - Feb 14 2006, 07:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Soup@Feb 13 2006, 10:55 PM

I really can't give a fuck.

Soup- If you don’t give a fuck- then why waste your time to comment at all? I respect your opinion just as we should all respect each others opinion. I happen to care deeply for animals and their rights.

For anyone else who is interested here is a web site that contains a video with regards to the Chinese fur farms. It is quite disturbing.

http://furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/

[/b]

I thought I needed to voice my indifference before this thread got underway, so the general voice was balanced.

I see animal rights groups parading around my town all the damn time and I've owned dogs my whole life so I'm not an animal hater, but if you have the time to parade around San Francisco informing folks about ANIMAL RIGHTS... i can think of ten more important things to parade around for.

We're human, we're not meant to feel guilty for where we are on the food chain.

peta's got some sweet vids..

like the one where they put cows from one side in this stall thing and it's head only hangs out, then a guy waltzes up and slices the cows neck, then they release it to the other side where it freaks out gasping for life and blood gushes everywhere.

most people don't give a fuck where their food comes from or what's really in it, which is why so many people are unhealthy, fat, depressed and generally unhappy.

Originally posted by BURLAP@Feb 14 2006, 03:14 PM

peta's got some sweet vids..

like the one where they put cows from one side in this stall thing and it's head only hangs out, then a guy waltzes up and slices the cows neck, then they release it to the other side where it freaks out gasping for life and blood gushes everywhere.

most people don't give a fuck where their food comes from or what's really in it, which is why so many people are unhealthy, fat, depressed and generally unhappy.

Very well said- Burlap. I completely agree with you. I feel as though (and this is of course a generalization) until people see up close and personal where their food comes from- and the BGH that goes into the animal –then into us- meaning until it affects us directly- and we stand up- wake up and take bloody notice, nobody will give a fuck.

Of course I realize that the people pandering around SF fighting, protesting for animals- human rights, torture, GITMO, equal rights and of course immigration issues- and such may not have 2 kids- or a mortgage to pay- along with the monthly car payment not to mention all those credit card payments. All of these things are important. For some though their list of “to do’s� simply goes in a different order than the person in the new M5 sitting at the red light- on Market Street- in 5 o’clock traffic trying to get home – only to circle the flat for an hour looking for parking because the nanny has yet again taken the garage.

There are many directions that life takes us- which intern means our own list of “to do’s� winds up a bit different when we finally settle.

To Soup- Your comment about us being human and not being meant to feel guilty about where we are on the food chain- should read that “you� do not feel guilty which is all well and good. I do not believe it is a matter of guilt but more over our own priorities and our own personal belief system. 2342

Originally posted by Soup@Feb 14 2006, 06:08 PM

You look at ANYTHING close enough and you'll get grossed out. You're depressed because you're looking at racoons getting fucking d-STROYED without and understanding of culture. Get a life... better yet, get a webber.

Soup-

Why are you so defensive not to mention judgmental? Okay- you caught me- I have NOT been to china- so of course this means I have zero knowledge of their culture- nor do I have any respect for their culture- with regards to fur farms and torture.

You have successfully sucked the intellect out of what was once an intellectual discussion.

"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain." - Chinese Proverb

actually i wasn't talking so much about meat in that post, but it still applies.

i munch chicken on the reg.....but you know, we try to at least be conscious of the industry and markets..so.....buy local grain fed, free range, etcetera...

but even chicken kinda grosses me out.

honestly, you're eating dead meat. slabs of dead flesh. for me it's a body thing..like..you eat that shit, then it takes your body tons of energy to break it down, then you shit digested meat. UGH!

fish is damn delicious though.

i stopped the red meat styles after a few years ago i had dinner with my parents and they cooked up some steak...half way through our meal my mom makes this disgusted face and proceeds to tell us she thinks she 'just bit into a vein'. that was it for me.

Originally posted by swedish erotica+Feb 15 2006, 12:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swedish erotica - Feb 15 2006, 12:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-El Mamerro@Feb 14 2006, 04:10 PM

I used to not give much of a fuck, until I saw that video with the live skinned raccoons. That shit was fucking brutal. I just don't see the fucking point of not killing it first.

who the fuck would wear a raccoon?

[/b]

Probably a bunch of people who think that they're wearing fox or mink.

Originally posted by BURLAP@Feb 15 2006, 12:15 PM

actually i wasn't talking so much about meat in that post, but it still applies.

i munch chicken on the reg.....but you know, we try to at least be conscious of the industry and markets..so.....buy local grain fed, free range, etcetera...

but even chicken kinda grosses me out.

honestly, you're eating dead meat. slabs of dead flesh. for me it's a body thing..like..you eat that shit, then it takes your body tons of energy to break it down, then you shit digested meat. UGH!

fish is damn delicious though.

i stopped the red meat styles after a few years ago i had dinner with my parents and they cooked up some steak...half way through our meal my mom makes this disgusted face and proceeds to tell us she thinks she 'just bit into a vein'. that was it for me.

I used to be ultra-grossed out by the veinstyles. I would literally probe every corner of the meat and pull out the little tubes. Nowadays I don't really even care about looking, I don't really find it gross anymore. Chicken wings have mad veins in them, and I love me some wings.

And pasta is usually a lot harder on my energy level than meat is. I don't really get too bogged down by meat. In any case, I actually think the whole concept of eating a dead animal is pretty neat. I'm not against wearing animal fur on principle either, but it's absolutely fucking stupid the way these things are carried out, and if they keep insisting on doing things that way, then I can't support it.

yea, pasta is pretty brutal and makes you really fucking beat. i used to eat it way too reg, and my shits started coming out like really hard, grey/brown compacted sand and i was just really blah and lethargic. the lady is all over this kind of stuff, food sensitivites and stuff..alot of people don't seem to be in tune with it, which is fine, but for some people you can really see improvments in your thinking and energy. shit's critical. the concept of eating dead things IS kinda neat...you mean in a natural, cyclical sort of way?

Originally posted by BURLAP@Feb 15 2006, 02:56 PM

you mean in a natural, cyclical sort of way?

Exactly. I mean, it's also neat in that little kid horror movie MUAHAHA EAT FLESH sense too, but there's just a simple elegance in the concept of eating flesh to replenish one's own. It's like meat fills up a specific power meter in the body.

There have been times when I've eaten super healthy and balanced for a few days in a row, and the difference in energy level and general mood is absolutely insane. I really should do it more often, but I always end up falling into the "I don't have enough time" or "these pork rinds are very fucking tasty in large quantities" trap. I should thank God I have a blazing fast metabolism (slowing down with age though) and generally temperate appetite that keeps me from being a fat fuck.

Originally posted by El Mamerro+Feb 15 2006, 01:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (El Mamerro - Feb 15 2006, 01:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BURLAP@Feb 15 2006, 02:56 PM

you mean in a natural, cyclical sort of way?

Exactly. I mean, it's also neat in that little kid horror movie MUAHAHA EAT FLESH sense too, but there's just a simple elegance in the concept of eating flesh to replenish one's own. It's like meat fills up a specific power meter in the body.

There have been times when I've eaten super healthy and balanced for a few days in a row, and the difference in energy level and general mood is absolutely insane. I really should do it more often, but I always end up falling into the "I don't have enough time" or "these pork rinds are very fucking tasty in large quantities" trap. I should thank God I have a blazing fast metabolism (slowing down with age though) and generally temperate appetite that keeps me from being a fat fuck.

[/b]

nice- folks.

Originally posted by 2342@Feb 14 2006, 12:54 AM

The fur industry is one of the world's cruelest, and China is the source of most of the world's fur products. In the absence of any legislation or government control, animals in the Chinese fur industry are subject to the most extreme forms of abuse. Investigations of fur farms in China have exposed shocking methods of trapping, transportation, confinement and killing. The species being used include not only typical sources of fur such as rabbits, foxes, minks and raccoons, but also domestic dogs and cats, whose furs are often being deliberately mislabeled and exported as fur from other species. More than 40 million animals are killed each year for their fur.

For more information on the Chinese fur industry please refer to the these websites:

furkills.org - The True Price of Fur

furisdead.com - A Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms

furisdead.com - China's Dog and Cat Fur Trade

fourrure de luxe - How many animals does it take to make one fur coat?

petatv.com - Video. Warning: highly disturbing images

http://www.thenausea.com/elements/special%...na/chinafur.htm

http://www.thenausea.com/elements/special%...chinafurpic.htm

http://www.thenausea.com/menu.html

Ok, well, for one thing, do you eat meat? Do you eat any dairy products whatsoever? If so, you have a lot to learn about the abuse in those industries, right here in the good old US of A.

Peta is a horrible organization. They hand out comic books to kids of pictures of men and women holding bunnies on cutting boards and stabbing them, with a title of, "YOUR PARENTS ARE MURDERERS!!!!"

Hey Peta: Try stopping humans from having sex. Seem impossible? Why is that? Because its a biological urge; it is something that we are made to do. We have carnivirous teeth and the intelligence to be good hunters. That's why we have been good hunters since we were neandrethals.