Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The best music always gets banned in Jamaica

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Qawee, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Qawee

Qawee Elite Member

So this song by Baby Cham just got banned in Jamaica, and it made me think of the song Look by Bounty Killer which was also banned in Jamaica, those motherfuckers ban the best songs, but i uploaded "look" for you. I will have the new joint by baby cham in a few minutes and will upload it, untill then, the banned in Jamaica hit by Bounty Killer: Look

News story:

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Reggae star Cham's hot new tune "Ghetto Story" explicitly describes the poverty raging through Jamaica, and has been banned in its homeland.

"At first they were trying to fight it in Jamaica, but now it's the biggest thing," Cham says. "The radio started playing it like probably two weeks after they said, 'No, no, no.' The fans were letting them know that it was the biggest song in the street. But that's how it is in Jamaica, they tend to draw a curtain to the real things going on."

"Ghetto Story" isn't Cham's first song to draw the government's ire. Both of his earlier tracks, "Desperate Measure" and "Ghetto Play," were banned, as was Bounty Killer's "Anytime," which Cham wrote with longtime producer buddy Dave Kelly.

"The government wrote me," Cham says regarding "Ghetto Play." "I was saying to give me the country to run for a day. And they said, 'We need to stop the bashing of the government.' That's not bashing, it's just showing up the government. There's no free speech there. They say you have free speech, but it's not free speech."

Cham's gritty video for "Ghetto Story" features him rhyming into a cell phone and children enacting his verses of sticking up store clerks and sleeping on foam squares. The entire video was shot in about a day. Then MTV came calling, airing the clip on "Direct Effect" and "MTV Jams." Cham also tapped Akon for the "Ghetto Story" remix, which recently went to radio.

Aside from the "Ghetto Story" single, which originally debuted in Jamaica last November, an album of the same name is slated for an August release on Atlantic.

(Link)

2. After School Special

After School Special Banned

3. --->

---> Banned

I just got attacked by a virus.

BANNNED!!!!

4. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

you can win an xbox 360!

5. Flavicon

Flavicon Senior Member

Jamaica has over 120 rivers.

FACT!

6. foodstamps

foodstamps Junior Member

Wow - this is weird. I was just having some conversation with this guy who said everything that is in this thread verbatim sequentially post by post. ADD seems rampant. I need a beer.

7. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Veteran Member

good call on the virus shit
    i closed that DL ASAP
    im no n00bz0r

8. transparent

transparent Senior Member

9. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Wait... tell me more about this free xBox.