Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

snowboarding (feeling old)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by EL-BARTER, Feb 6, 2003.

1. EL-BARTER

EL-BARTER New Jack

started snowboarding again after 7 years or so. jesus what happened? it seems like its almost 50% snowboarders now. when i first started there were like 10 mountains that let you ride and you had to have a "profficiency certificate" at certain hills. we made our first boards out of old wooden waterskis with bungee cords to hold your feet in. i used to be good, now i suck. all these kids that have gotten to ride in parks for the last 3 month can do shit that took me years to learn. parks are dope you get to ride 10 hits a run ALL day. shit is dope now.......
    anyone else here snowboarding in the 80's

p.s. i have a TON of old snowboarding magazines im trying to give away. mostly transworlds and shit. kinda historic crap but i sure dont want it. and dont wanna throw em out. if your on the east coast and can come get em (not shipping them too heavy!) they are yours.

elbarter@hotmail.com

2. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

DPC/NO connect.

get a new name sucka.
    there's already an "El Barto" here.
    and there's only enough room for one on this message board.

3. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

4. cultural me

cultural me Member

last year i was set on being a pro snowboarder. the kids now adays fuckin ruined it. first off their two good but mainly the corrupted the shit and made it into one big corporation.

5. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

snowboarding hasnt changed that much in one year.

the closest i will ever be to pro is pissing on scottys car.

6. SRGUN GNRAL

SRGUN GNRAL Member

Re: DPC/NO connect.

its a fucking message board
    who cares

7. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

You feel old...ha...I still do this thing called "skiing"...where you strap a separate device to each foot instead of one big one.
    I ski the east and watch the snowboarders scrape all the snow off the underlying ice sheets, making everybody's life more interesting. Powder? What powder?

8. EL-BARTER

EL-BARTER New Jack

still trying to get rid of these magazines. anyone?
    FREE! id hate to throw em out............

9. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

i just got back from snowbaording and i allmost broke my wrists. thats all.

10. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Ouch, you live in the east, where i live the rare encouter of a 3 foot patch of ice on one slope is rare. Im spoiled i hate ice, i wouldnt snowboard if i lived in the east. Im used to thinking anything below a 50 inch base is low. Im spoiled.

11. sieb

sieb New Jack

snow sports suck

12. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

i tried kating wiht my homies, but i gave up..im just gonna stick to the ocean.

13. When

When 12oz Loyalist

i remember back in about 86-89 somewhere in there
    i was sledding with some friends when these snowboarders
    came hauling down the hill and gapped over us
    it was that point that i fell in love with snowboarding

14. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Re: Re: DPC/NO connect.

:rolleyes: