snowboarding (feeling old)

EL-BARTER

started snowboarding again after 7 years or so. jesus what happened? it seems like its almost 50% snowboarders now. when i first started there were like 10 mountains that let you ride and you had to have a "profficiency certificate" at certain hills. we made our first boards out of old wooden waterskis with bungee cords to hold your feet in. i used to be good, now i suck. all these kids that have gotten to ride in parks for the last 3 month can do shit that took me years to learn. parks are dope you get to ride 10 hits a run ALL day. shit is dope now.......

anyone else here snowboarding in the 80's

p.s. i have a TON of old snowboarding magazines im trying to give away. mostly transworlds and shit. kinda historic crap but i sure dont want it. and dont wanna throw em out. if your on the east coast and can come get em (not shipping them too heavy!) they are yours.

elbarter@hotmail.com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by cultural me

last year i was set on being a pro snowboarder. the kids now adays fuckin ruined it. first off their two good but mainly the corrupted the shit and made it into one big corporation.

snowboarding hasnt changed that much in one year.

the closest i will ever be to pro is pissing on scottys car.

You feel old...ha...I still do this thing called "skiing"...where you strap a separate device to each foot instead of one big one.

I ski the east and watch the snowboarders scrape all the snow off the underlying ice sheets, making everybody's life more interesting. Powder? What powder?

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

You feel old...ha...I still do this thing called "skiing"...where you strap a separate device to each foot instead of one big one.

I ski the east and watch the snowboarders scrape all the snow off the underlying ice sheets, making everybody's life more interesting. Powder? What powder?

Ouch, you live in the east, where i live the rare encouter of a 3 foot patch of ice on one slope is rare. Im spoiled i hate ice, i wouldnt snowboard if i lived in the east. Im used to thinking anything below a 50 inch base is low. Im spoiled.

Archived