1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

question regarding state residency

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Bloc131, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Bloc131

Bloc131 12oz Member

question regarding state residency

Discussion started by Bloc131 - Nov 4, 2003

i just moved to california a fe wmonths ago and would like to be a resident. that way i can start going to school eventually and get a job. all of that stuff.

i've been living free where i do some part time work and still have my lisence plated from my old state, etc.

i know i could just call somebody at the courhouse, but that takes forever to find out even a little information and they usually give you the run arund.

i was just looking for a little advice and help before i get started so i knwo what avenues to take to make this happen faily easily. thanks!

Bloc131 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet 12oz Elite Member

Swiffer Jet - Replied Nov 4, 2003

in order for you to be considered a legal resident, don't you have to be in the state for at least 6 months? i don't know?

Swiffer Jet - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Nov 4, 2003

I think the first step would just to head down to the local DMV. i'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

Welcome to the only state in america that really matters.

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  4. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied Nov 4, 2003

Nah i was a resident of VA as soon as i touched down here. Go to the DMV get a CA licence and new tags for your car, if you wish. Go to the post office and have them switch your residency to the place you are staying at now, if you wish. Really all establishing residency is getting checks with your address on them and a hunting licence if you wish. You know just things that locate you to a certain address. I dont think you have to fill out a residency form if that is what you are asking to become a resibent of any state. Then again crazier shit has happend in CA. Look at your governor.

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Nov 4, 2003

call information and ask if there's a state operator or something.. they can then ussually point you to a phone number with info on state residency... it'll likely be a recording.. all the rest of the government numbers are.

in most states you have to live there like a year, and have your car registered there.

and colleges ussually have different residency requirements (which are ussually a lot harder, cause they want your monies)

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. Bloc131

Bloc131 12oz Member

Bloc131 - Replied Nov 4, 2003

thanks everyone for your help again. you rule.

Bloc131 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: