question regarding state residency

Bloc131

i just moved to california a fe wmonths ago and would like to be a resident. that way i can start going to school eventually and get a job. all of that stuff.

i've been living free where i do some part time work and still have my lisence plated from my old state, etc.

i know i could just call somebody at the courhouse, but that takes forever to find out even a little information and they usually give you the run arund.

i was just looking for a little advice and help before i get started so i knwo what avenues to take to make this happen faily easily. thanks!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Nah i was a resident of VA as soon as i touched down here. Go to the DMV get a CA licence and new tags for your car, if you wish. Go to the post office and have them switch your residency to the place you are staying at now, if you wish. Really all establishing residency is getting checks with your address on them and a hunting licence if you wish. You know just things that locate you to a certain address. I dont think you have to fill out a residency form if that is what you are asking to become a resibent of any state. Then again crazier shit has happend in CA. Look at your governor.

call information and ask if there's a state operator or something.. they can then ussually point you to a phone number with info on state residency... it'll likely be a recording.. all the rest of the government numbers are.

in most states you have to live there like a year, and have your car registered there.

and colleges ussually have different residency requirements (which are ussually a lot harder, cause they want your monies)

Archived