1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

New Non Phixion

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Ted Wakowski, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

New Non Phixion

Discussion started by Ted Wakowski - Apr 29, 2002

Now here's one that sucks.

Almost every song is identical; they babble about every drug on the planet, spit hollow threats at the government, praise themselves for being womanizers, ramble on about futuristic space machines and hurl generic descriptions of every way humanly possible to kill or maim someone. If that's not enough they manage to dis both the CIA and religion at least 57 times throughout the album without ever really explaining WHY. I've had more fun taking painful shits than listening to this record, which might be comparable to a bunch of angry guerillas sucking their own dicks and throwing up gang signs.

The production's OK, nothing special. Black Helicopters has a dope beat but I've heard it a bunch of times already. Boring garbage all around.

Is anyone actually entertained by this shit?

2. Wilt

Wilt Guest

Wilt - Replied Apr 29, 2002

btw ted..dont forget to let me burn it before you toss it...

3. NATO

NATO Guest

NATO - Replied Apr 29, 2002

ive not heard the LP yet but Black helicopters is a banger.

4. metallix

metallix 12oz Elite Member

metallix - Replied Apr 29, 2002

thats just how you perceived it. someone else might have a differen't opinion..

metallix - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

SCAGNETTI - Replied Apr 29, 2002

that was an amusing review ted, i haven't heard it, but eventually i probably will whether or like it or not! either way you're probably right because even though i dislike religion and certain areas of the american government, they are pretty generic targets (along with women)

SCAGNETTI - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  6. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

Ted Wakowski - Replied Apr 29, 2002

Definitely true.

7. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

Ted Wakowski - Replied Apr 29, 2002

I guess what kind of irked me was how they didn't come with any support for their criticism. I think it's cool to take a stance against corruption, it just seems wack when there's no backup to the assault.

There's a cut called "the CIA's still trying kill me" that might have been real entertaining if they'd dropped some serious knowledge.

8. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

SCAGNETTI - Replied Apr 29, 2002

i'm sorry, but why do you say things like that? don't you think anybody who's even a little bit intelligent knows that everyone has different perceptions/opinions... you don't need to clarify that for us buddy!

SCAGNETTI - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. SenorSeven

SenorSeven 12oz Elite Member

SenorSeven - Replied Apr 30, 2002

this album is no different from what non phixion has released before- its a good album to me for what it is... what did you expect when you went to buy a non phixion album? something saying "lets grow plants and trees and run in the forest together"? its obvious by the many singles that they dropped before that cocaine would be mentioned every song, that one of them would say shit about how the governments fucked up, how they like fucking people up etc....

the production on many tracks is good- i can think of maybe 3 betas i dont like...which is pretty impressive to me..

this album is far from classic, but its good for what it is.

SenorSeven - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Apr 30, 2002

90% of the hip hop albums coming out these days are rubbish. i was actually looking forward to the non phixion album cos black hellicopters, i shot reagan and how to kill a cop were all dope tracks.

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  11. SKUMBALUCKAH

SKUMBALUCKAH 12oz Senior Member

SKUMBALUCKAH - Replied Apr 30, 2002

Yeah I was expecting more, maybe I shouldn’t of. Probably because 'Black helicopters' and 'I shot regan' are to sum up; better than any of the new tracks. To rub salt to the wound they’re not even on the new album! Boooooo.

I agree with what Ted was saying about the content, its nothing that hasn’t been said a million times, which is fair enough if you pull it off in a different style, be a bit quirky with it or whatever, but they don't. It seems very hate filled without any explanation of direction and this is what makes it boring. I would rather listen to an old Paris track if I wanted pure hate!

The Necro production is hot, there are some really nice head nodding beats. The NY style rapping adds to the professional production and flow; Some of it is quite amusing, but a lot of the time it's just tedious like most hiphop at the moment. If you were thinking of buying this, my advice is that you’re better off getting the new Necro album, he pulls this sort of style off much better and is more humorous with it.

SKUMBALUCKAH - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. taco bell bomber

taco bell bomber 12oz Senior Member

taco bell bomber - Replied Apr 30, 2002

bro i loved the album, well most of it
    and yea they do give reasons why they target it...
    they gave reason in earlier songs that they made....
    and i read an interview and one of the questions was why they target that shit, and they explain..i forget it tho i havent readi n a while i try to find the magazine

its just like listening to jayz today and not knowing his other songs and wondering why he disses nas
    but for non phixion, the flow is sick..and non of the beats are chopped, they came off well in my opinion, well i was dissapointed with some of the tracks, but thats what the fastforward button is for

taco bell bomber - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

Ted Wakowski - Replied Apr 30, 2002

I got that I Shot Reagan record a while back and it was way better than the new album. The cuts on it seemed more thought out to me and the title track wasn't trying to be something it wasn't, which is how the new shit comes across to me.

Obviously their shit is going to be on the thug/drug/mean-mug/bust-slugs tip but I thought it might expand into other areas. It didn't. It was wack.

Oh well, they win since I wasted money on it. Props to them.

14. E-DubleSkilZ

E-DubleSkilZ New Jack

E-DubleSkilZ - Replied Apr 30, 2002

This Albulm is way better than most of the crap that is out there. So what they didnt support in detail the facts or whatever. What other hiphop groups actually have meaning to their songs. Non-Phixion is a dope group, they are not writing essays for english, they are entertaining us. I dont care if they dont suport their thesis.

E-DubleSkilZ - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  15. Can you sign my book??? - Replied Apr 30, 2002

I like it...Its bangin....And why would they put I shot Reagan on the album, it came out like 4 years ago....I dont even think they put it out on the bootleg mixtape...I dont need an explanation for everything they say...The question is, is it possible to be a thug, and intelligent at the same time...I think they pull it off...