Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

nerd debate: noam chomsky vs. richard perle

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by BROWNer, Feb 22, 2004.

1. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

it's from 1988, so, not so timely but..
    for those who care, perle is one of the major
    figures behind the bush cartels foreign policy.
    this is the dude that wants america in an
    endless war.

http://www.radio4all.net/proginfo.php?id=8409

2. villain

villain Veteran Member

oh hell yeah a-infos...

3. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

dope, thanks. chomsky is my nugga.

4. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

whatever did happen to 'noam chomsky'? hmm. i ponder...

5. villain

villain Veteran Member

I'm listening to this right now and Noam Chomsky is like a fact machine gun and this Richard Perle guy is trumping up good things and denying bad things.... always gotta have a scapegoat too... communism... guess it's terrorists now. How convienient it's a global war for them. There were some very ugly communist spurned aggressions that we intervened in sometimes... However how can you find an excuse for these terrorists. To say they hate freedom and justice just sounds stupid. That's gotta be the weakest argument yet. Hakim Bey said years ago that jihad would become the natural opposition to capitalism. He was right obviously. That jihad would become very anti-imperialistic and would even become a blanket organization for other peoples in "the struggle". Those motherfuckers don't take no shit.

6. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

far as i know hes still institute prof @ mit & writing books

7. villain

villain Veteran Member

WHAT!?!?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!?!?!?!?

8. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

umm, i mean the boy that used to come on 12 oz with the name noam chomsky...psycho.

9. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

This is a pre-thread reading reply:

You gotta give the jew props/

Same way you give a cokehead teenager drunk driving down sunset boulevard and murdering hookers prop[s.

10. villain

villain Veteran Member

oh yeah... that must have been some kind of gimmick.

11. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

listened to it last night. the second part has
    totally shit audio for most of it..
    perle's debate tactics are a joke. he plays
    dumb and makes smug jokes about chomsky's
    long winded examples throughout, or just
    simply says nothing, or highlights that they
    have different beliefs..obviously.

12. villain

villain Veteran Member

Yeah I listened to the first part last night, my attention wasn't all there but that's essentially the impression I got as well.... You just can't argue with the truth.

13. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

BROWNer: I'm assuming you'll be comming in for the 20th?
    Can't wait to hear the man speak.

14. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

yea, i just checked me email, and got the HUD from c.bonesz.
    i don't know if i'll be able to...would you mind dropping the
    pertinent info? where is he speaking?

15. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Bner: He's speaking at the Orpheum on the 20th. Tickets are $25 through ticketmaster. The trip is being funded by Svend Robinson's riding association, as a fundraiser for his re-election, and a celbration of his 25th anniversiary as an MP. They're running their own ticket deal. somthing like $250 gets you two tickets (up front) an "audience" with noam, svend, and jack leyton after the show, and a $150 tax recipt.
    But for us non-paying masses, he's going to be speaking on the steps of the art gallery, after the big anti-war march planned for the 20th. around 12 or 1 or so. They're postering this thing to death around here.