Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Name this gadget 'cause I want it!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Gunm, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I saw an ad for this crazy little MP3 recording device not too long ago. You can basically plug it into a tape player and while said tape is playing, it will be recorded into a digital MP3 format. You can plug it into a headphone port and BANG! you're ready to go. I think Pioneer makes it but I can't say for sure. it's hand held, chrome, shiny, expensive looking

Naturally this is solid fucking gold for me. I have a huge collection of mixtapes i wanna listen to but I don't wanna play them out and ruin the sound quality.

SOmeone else must know of this piece of beautiful technology! help a brotha out.

2. Pinup

Pinup Senior Member

3. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

you know, i bet i could do that with my ewear, but i doubt that is what you are talkin about...

4. MANIK DEK

MANIK DEK Member

im looking for the same thing. i was at a show and some kid had one. you dont have to plug it in to record either you can just hold it out and record strait from a speaker great for recording live tracks at shows. i saw it and i wanted it but i havent had much luck browsing the internet for it.:rolleyes:

5. caL

caL Senior Member

that would be awesome for concerts:eek:

6. MANIK DEK

MANIK DEK Member

yea thats why i want it i go to shows all the time it could come in real handy:eek:

7. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

wow, that sounds rad. me wanty.

8. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...e&s=pc&n=507846

That's the iriver jukebox, a knockoff ipod that has a realtime mp3 encoding function with line in and line out. It comes with a microphone built in and an additional external microphone you can use.

Here's what you could do: get a 3.5mm double ended headphone cable and plug it into the line out of your tape deck and the line in of your iriver jukebox. Record mixtape. Transfer mixtape to computer for track naming. Boom, you've got some sweet mixtape mp3s.

9. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Oh yeah, by the way. You can use that iriver thing to make high quality bootlegs of live concerts ridiculously easily.

10. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Nekro....thank you.....I now know my purpose in life.

11. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

Philips makes somethig like what your talking about it will record off anything that you plug into it

And

Rca has that lyra thing it also records off any imput including tv and you can watch like 80 minutes of tv off the little fucker

12. caL

caL Senior Member

jesus i dunno, i think ill wait a couple years.
    300 is a little high