mestical tha testicle

MestOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

your all missing this, he said what to improve.

"keep sketching" is something he'll do anyway, but he needs stuff he can incorporate into those sketches.<HR>

Originally posted by Dyptheria

you can start by going back to simple straight letters.

the only person that posted something to help improve

Upon seeing your works one thing came to mind that would make your stuff so much phater. take a can of white right, anc use it to make a line on the inside of your letters called and inline, this is like just out lining the letter but reverse inside that would look hot on the last painting.

Guest rainydays

your stuff is very clean...you have a good hand just work on letter structure because a lot of the pieces all look almost the same...but other than that its a ll very nice...keep at it;) ;)

They are looking good man. The only thing I could pick out is to try new things. Try to add maybe a few extensions on some letters to make it look alot more full, other than that, they look well done, keep at it.

-A

Guest ..oX..

yeah work on some basic letterforms, the style is tight, if the letters and composition were a little more sophisticated, not as in more complex, but more thought out and eye-pleasing.. it would be crazy tight...

just do a bunch of outlines in your book and work with some fatter letters a little (as in the width at any given point of the 'line' is wider)...

but yeah you're not doing half bad, a lot better at painting than me, just sketch a lot...

Guest ..oX..
Originally posted by Karl Marx

all i can say is fix up the t. that one ruins the rest of the letters i think.

yeah what he said... dont be afraid to let the t stick out at the end... the way it is now kinda cramps the compositin on the right side...

whattup mester...you already know what I've said about some of these but again, just try to make everything flow and work together so that the letters look as if they fit and support each other. You got the little stuff down like painting techniques and what not, now just keep working on the bigger picture you know. I think that blue/green piece best examplifies all that.

peace...

ok...i wasn't going to reply but this is out of hand...ok dont listen to them..you and i both know your pieces aren't super clean..not like mine are..but you're the one asking not me.play around with some different inline and just line techniques in general..holding the can in different positions gives you different lines.i dont know if someone else is picking out your color schemes or if they are yours..but keep it up...you have some nice contrast gong on...i commend you on that...i mean...your letters obviously need work.it seems like your letters are stagnant and not progressing..and they have some bending parts that dont quite look right to me....i think of pieces and letters like bones..joints...you can tell when someone's arm is bent backwards..you're just like..thats fucked up.i think its difficult to do the whoe curvacious then abrupt angle style thats gaining so much popularity today...i say if you're going to do it then at least balance it through your piece..dont just have your T come out with some 90 degree angles and the rest of the piece is nice and curvy.in the piece with the harbor blue fill..your 3d proportions are different all over the place...you should pay more attention to that.actually the majority of the pieces have that problem...thats another thing you can work on...dont be affraid to try new letters..or to tweak them a certain way...its just graffiti..you wont be shot dead for painting a good idea that comes out shitty...i know you sketch things that are sicker than what you paint...try and paint that...i dunno...i could go on more..but there's things you just learn for yourself.oh and on the last piece your little fades on your 3d...some are REAL bright and some are dull...try to keep it more consistant...peace.

ahh wilt.

just what i was looking for, real improvement comments.

the whole analogy with the arm said just what ive been trying to say for a while now.

this kid has worked hard, but with all the things that have helped him, and been shown to him, I say he should be farther along.

heres a few things ive pointed out, tell me if you think im wrong on this.

i say his peices should stretch out just a little, maybe not have the bars of every letter be the heighth of the entire peice.

line logic is a big thing ive been pushing to him, for instance the width of the bars on his letters or a better example, his E on the harbor blue peice, or any other letter in that peice for that matter.

i say that collaborating the letters together would make his stuff look better, considering that if you break down the peices, you could say that his letters were all drawn individually, and then one put behind the other, put behind the other and put behind the other.

3d is something you have to be on key with unless you know how to make your bars look like theyre changing direction. perspective and shit is something to work on here.

ive suggested strait letters, way simple styles, and all that shit too.

occasionally, i do a simple sketch and may actually paint it sometimes.

this keeps shit interesting.

all 3 kids ive tried to help have taken shit the wrong way alot of times, and some of the things i say dont sound right right away, so they ignore it. which doesnt bother me, im not here to tell a kid something wrong and fuck him up.

like wilt, i could go on more, but ill leave it to someone else for right now.

peace.

Archived