Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i love you all

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by chicken bone, Sep 19, 2001.

1. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

goodnight.

------------------
    chicken bone!

2. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

you should all download some Buena Vista Social. a reunion of magical cuban jazz. i just got listening to it, and i heard theres a movie on this group, who was brought together by this guy who likes music. these men and women were performers in the 20's,30's,40's and stuff!!! the singer is 90 years old.

songs that come to mind are

"chan chan"

"candela"

great stuff. if anybody listens to cuban jazz, please drop some names, as i am ignorant.

3. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

hoho, the name is buena vista social CLUB

perdón!!

4. Great musicians chicken bone!
    Each member of that band must be at least over 70 years old....i really like them.
    The nwme of the guy that did the movie is Vim Venders and he is one of the best european directors of our times.
    If you can find it i really suggest to see onw of his movies called "Paris,texas"one of the best love stories,one of the best films i've ever seen.

5. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

i really like the buena vista social club, and i have watched the movie as well.

i listen to A LOT of latin music. salsa to get happy, cuban to chill, bachata to bounce around in the car, merengue to get hyper, brazilian(bossa nova, samba) to chill, and all other types of brazilian music. i got all the latin dancing down too. (well sort of when i'm drunk)

i love this stuff, and i know i'm strange but this and downtempo is primarily what i listen to.

i guess that's what you get when you're hispanic and your boyfriend is brazilian...

YAY!

------------------
    high plains drifter

6. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

ive been listening to them for years. i thi nk i seen em live once in cuba, but i was really drunk and didnt know where i was.

7. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah... that's the only DVD I own, and I've had it since it was new... but I've never gotten the DVD player on my comp to work, so I just listen to the cd...

------------------
    2 Can Sam

8. -SIN-

-SIN- New Jack

ive got buena vista social club.
    any one heard beloop?

------------------
    "PFGK"

9. Mr.LonelyHeart

Mr.LonelyHeart Member

Well...the illest cuban drummer in the history of humankind is mongo santamaria -trust me on this one.....also willie bobo is classic...cal tjader too, for that west coast, latin jazz thing..... but mongo is el mas chingon for real...check him out

------------------
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx/superrerun/images/miniwarriorsgroup1.gif'>
    who's the mac?...