i love you all

Guest chicken bone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest chicken bone

you should all download some Buena Vista Social. a reunion of magical cuban jazz. i just got listening to it, and i heard theres a movie on this group, who was brought together by this guy who likes music. these men and women were performers in the 20's,30's,40's and stuff!!! the singer is 90 years old.

songs that come to mind are

"chan chan"

"candela"

great stuff. if anybody listens to cuban jazz, please drop some names, as i am ignorant.

Guest chicken bone
Originally posted by chicken bone:

you should all download some Buena Vista Social. a reunion of magical cuban jazz. i just got listening to it, and i heard theres a movie on this group, who was brought together by this guy who likes music. these men and women were performers in the 20's,30's,40's and stuff!!! the singer is 90 years old.

songs that come to mind are

"chan chan"

"candela"

great stuff. if anybody listens to cuban jazz, please drop some names, as i am ignorant.

hoho, the name is buena vista social CLUB

perdón!!

Guest imported_Tesseract

Great musicians chicken bone!

Each member of that band must be at least over 70 years old....i really like them.

The nwme of the guy that did the movie is Vim Venders and he is one of the best european directors of our times.

If you can find it i really suggest to see onw of his movies called "Paris,texas"one of the best love stories,one of the best films i've ever seen.

i really like the buena vista social club, and i have watched the movie as well.

i listen to A LOT of latin music. salsa to get happy, cuban to chill, bachata to bounce around in the car, merengue to get hyper, brazilian(bossa nova, samba) to chill, and all other types of brazilian music. i got all the latin dancing down too. (well sort of when i'm drunk)

i love this stuff, and i know i'm strange but this and downtempo is primarily what i listen to.

i guess that's what you get when you're hispanic and your boyfriend is brazilian...

YAY!

------------------

high plains drifter

Originally posted by chicken bone:

... if anybody listens to cuban jazz, please drop some names, as i am ignorant.

Well...the illest cuban drummer in the history of humankind is mongo santamaria -trust me on this one.....also willie bobo is classic...cal tjader too, for that west coast, latin jazz thing..... but mongo is el mas chingon for real...check him out

------------------

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/superrerun/images/miniwarriorsgroup1.gif'>

who's the mac?...

Archived