Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

how much it cost for THE VAPORS

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by MOTIVE ROK, Aug 26, 2003.

1. MOTIVE ROK

MOTIVE ROK Junior Member

mod/admin or whoever knows how much did it cost to do the new THE VAPORS mag, and how many copies were printed etc. im thinkin about doin a mag but wana know cuz i consider that a top quality mag

2. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

more money than you got considering you probably don't have any companies lined up for ads since you have no history.

3. rip

rip Elite Member

maybe he does. how do you know.

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

true he could be just looking at the range in costs but...

you know what they say if you got enough money you don't have to ask "how much?"

5. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I don't think that's something anybody who knows is gonna discuss here in public...

6. rip

rip Elite Member

why not is it G13 classified?

7. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

You could look up printing companies in your area or online and probably get a good idea of what your costs would be...

8. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

yep.

9. rip

rip Elite Member

i thought that was fbi rush hour type stuff.

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

this is your best bet. it doesn't make a lot of sense to print something out of town. gotta pay for shipping... ya know.

11. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i'll tell you....sort of. it costs over 3k. i've been checking out mag publishing companies for a project, so, i kinda know what's up...
    anwyay, they want you to print at least 2,000 copies for your first run....sometimes more like 3-5 thousand....which will obviously cost you more...there's alot more to think about, tons more...who you market th mag to (target audience), will it sell?, line up your distribution sites...bookstores, online, etc, etc...and, just think, if you are lucky enough to be able to sell ad space....it won't be too much, unless you have good business sense, and a good presentation ready...there is so much to think about...
    find the "small publishers co-op" it's on the web...it's alot cheaper...but, it's comic book/zine style printing.

12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

if you have the finances to actually put out a full color magazine, but have to post on a message board in order to get leads on how to put out said magazine, you do not need to be putting out a magazine, and infact i would go so far as to say that there isnt a chance in hell you actually have the money it takes to produce such a thing. no one with any real business sense would ever have to ask a message board, they would just know to contact a publisher.

stick to the black and white copier at your dads carpet and tiling store.

seeks/aheem, ok.

13. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

bwahahahhahahaahah

14. Nic Thamaire

Nic Thamaire Elite Member

15. rip

rip Elite Member

lol wow that was some funny shit.