Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

holy fucking shit im moving to canada right now....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by boogie hands, Aug 22, 2002.

1. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

...and no, not just because america is going to shit...

IM TALKING ABOUT MUTHAFUCKING DIAMONDS KID!!! i watched 60 minutes earlier tonight and they had a segment on the diamond rush going on in canada right now and highlighted a 24 year old woman fresh out of school with a degree in archeology (sp??) who discovered acres of diamonds and will basically be shitting gold for the rest of her life due to the fact that her mine will be pulling between 250 million and 400 million a year....A FUCKING YEAR!!!

-(CBS) A huge diamond discovery has turned a remote corner of the Canadian tundra into a modern-day Sutter’s Mill, where prospectors rush to stake their claims.

At a time when human right’s groups want to outlaw the sale of diamonds mined in war-torn parts of Africa, these Canadian stones are being hailed as the “Boy Scouts” of diamonds – they’re politically correct and plentiful.

There’s just one problem: the diamonds are buried in ice.

At the Ekati Diamond mine on the Barren Lands of Canada’s Northwest Terrritory, spring’s wind-chill the temperature can be 70 below, reports correspondent Carol Marin.

Diamond History
    Find out more about the long history of this sparkling stone.

Jim Excell, the man in charge of the mine estimate sthat one pit alone will yield an astonishing number of diamonds, 7 or 8 million carats. At $100 a carat, the gems would be valued at $700 or $800 million.

But most people have never heard of Canadian diamonds. "Most Canadians don’t know anything about it,” says Mathew Hart, author of the just-published book “Diamond.”

“A lot of people will still say, ‘Oh yeah, I read something about it, is there anything to that?’ Well, four million carats a year; next year, another six million. Yeah, it’s a huge discovery.

This treasure hunt in the Northwest Territory, an area twice the size of Texas, where the caribou (300,000) outnumber the people (64,000) by 21 to 1, actually began about 30 years ago. That’s when geologists discovered there a collection of minerals, including garnets, which were a clue that diamonds were nearby.

Then in 1991 after eight years of prospecting, Charles Fipke struck pay dirt. From that discovery came the Ekati mine which opened in 1998. A sort of biosphere on ice, the $600 million diamond mine houses 500 people, who live and work there on shifts - two weeks in and two weeks out, 365 days of the year including Christmas.

Just one of its pits is two-thirds of a mile wide and 900 feet deep. It consists of kimberlite pipe, hardened lava from ancient underground volcanoes in which the diamonds are buried.

In just one day, 10,000 tons of kimberlite will be stripped from this mine, crushed and rinsed and refined to yield a ziplock bag of 10,000 carats – roughly 4.5 pounds – of diamonds worth about $1 million.

In the Northwest Territory, 50 million acres have already been staked by small prospectors like Dave Smith. After 30 years of prospecting – first for gold, then for diamonds – Smith says the he’s found is bigger than the Ekati mine.

“In size it’s considerably larger,” he says. “In grade, we don’t know yet so. The results of the drilling will tell the tale.”

Nine years ago, Eira Thomas was prospecting a site not far from the Ekati mine. She had been drilling for days, without any luck, until she took one last sample. That’s when she found a 2.5-carat, beautiful, clear, triangular-shaped diamond.

Says author Hart, “Eira was 24 years old, a greenhorn prospector with the ink still wet on her geology degree when she stood on melting lake ice in the middle of a huge lake - and the drillers wanting to pull the whole thing down and get the hell to shore - Eira hit the motherload.

Her mine, which opens next spring, stands to make $200 to $400 million a year in just rough diamonds. When it does, Canada will be producing a billion dollars worth of Artic or “clean” diamonds a year, so called because they do not come from the war-torn reaches of Africa.

stories like that are always exciting to me for some reason....makes me want to go on an adventure...unfortunatly i dont have the money to go wandering around canada for a year taking soil samples....

2. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

dammit, i want to strike it rich:(

3. rip

rip Elite Member

seconds nigga. lol.

4. hulk hogan

hulk hogan Member

only place ill be digging for gold or diamonds is in my nose.

nutz to that i dont want frostbite.

5. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber Veteran Member

6. dahighlifdhl

dahighlifdhl Senior Member

7. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

ill go to, let me just put my hat on so i blend in
    [​IMG]

8. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

9. Stapler

Stapler Guest

Those Canadians I alwys knew they were hiding something:eek:

10. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

have fun diggin thru the ice up there, most of you wouldnt last a day in the n.w.t, and yesh ive heard about this, canadian diamonds are fairly popular here, well theyre gaining popularity. why do i know so many little stpid tings about notihing.

11. platapie

platapie Guest

12. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

Im gunna look for a platinum mine.....Then ill get to meet P. Diddy and itll be great....

13. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

boogie!!! email me!!!!!!!!!;)

14. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

This fella I grew up with works in his dads mine for two months a year.He drives the nicest pimped out lexie I've ever seen.He works for 2 months and does nothing the rest of the year.The whole family flossis bling bling.If you have the money to invest in a mining company DO IT!

Security in those places is NO JOKE.Guys with mac 10's watch you work if your caught stealing they will fuck you up then it's off to jail.

15. jah

jah Elite Member

hook a mothefucka up with some of that bc bwoy!!!

seriously though...