graffiti space trap tested!

~DeNtOnE~

from yahoo...

Graffiti Space Trap Tested

Fri Feb 14,10:29 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Psssst, wanna catch a tagger?

Satellites and super-sensitive sensors are now tuned to the sibilant hiss of spray cans in a space-age effort to eradicate one of the oldest and most persistent urban problems -- graffiti.

TaggerTrap, a graffiti eradication system being tested in several California cities, uses global positioning system (news - web sites) technology, cell phones and sensors that recognize the ultrasonic pitch of spray cans to alert police when vandals begin their work, representatives said.

"The tagger, when he pushes down on that spray can, he's calling police," said George Lerg, co-founder of TrapTec, the Escondido, California-based company that developed TaggerTrap.

The unique, ultrasonic tone emitted by aerosol paint cans trips the sensors, which signal a transmitter linked to a police cell phone or radio. The global positioning system pinpoints the location of the transmitter, Lerg said.

The portable sensors have a range of 100 feet in any direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tell me what yall think? alot of people i know says its just bull shit and that every little kid trying to paint a bike or a guy tring to paint a car or any thing like that well have the cops called on them? i figure they can set in to old watch walls of fame and train yards and stuff? what do yall think:o

link~ http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid..._nm/graffiti_dc

GOD HELP US!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived