Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FRANK ZAPPA

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by chicken bone, Oct 10, 2002.

1. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

This is the Frank Zappa appreciation page! I would expect maybe like 3 people from this board to listen to this guy. Anyone familiar with his work will agree that everyone else who cant get past the weirdness is missing out. Musical powerhouse.

My favorite Frank Zappa album and probably the most accesible is Apostrophe. My favorite song on the album is

"St. Alphonso's Pancake Breakfast"

Shit is jamming.

2. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

3. krie

krie Guest

4. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

i kinda dig him... not nuts about him tho... but i do like to think i can see thru the weirdness...

5. optimodub

optimodub Junior Member

he's a great guy, but just not into it, almost wish i was, i mean i like captain beefheart, but i just don't dig zappa's stuff, my dad is well into him, bought him 'the real frank zappa book' and totally enjoyed it myself :crazy:

6. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Where I stole the margareeen... and wheedled on the bingo cards and blew up the latrine.

My favorite on that album might have to be Movin to Montana, but Dynamo-hum is right up there too...

Actually, I've had the Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation (Rykodisc) release so it has become impossible for me to seperate those albums...

I would think a few of these conspiracy theory kids would dig Thingfish, a truly GREAT album about the A.I.D.S. epidemic

7. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

he was from around my way..

definitely weirdness..

8. RAGSOE

RAGSOE New Jack

watch out where the huskies go,
    and don't you eat that yellow snow......

9. awkward eye

awkward eye Veteran Member

He's decent but when I wanna listen to weird music I'd rather listen to WEEN!

10. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

Yes! Smart gets points for being awesome.

Dead girls

11. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

As she abused the sausage patty! And she said why dont you treat me mean.. Ohhh!

12. toyeattoywar

toyeattoywar Member

i havent listened to alot of his music but what ive heard was good. i have alot of respect for him for all of the legal crap he helped with when the parental warning issue popped up.

13. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

She strolled on over, said look here bum, I got a $40 bill says you can't make me cum
    you just can't do it...
    Well, I don't mind that she called me a bum but I knew right away she was really gonna cum!
    So I got down to it...
    I poked and stroked 'till my wrists got numb but I still didn't hear no Dynamo hum
    no dynamo hum...