For All The "Depressed" Heads On Here...

Guest Ted Wakowski

Guest Ted Wakowski

For All The Depressed Heads On Here...

This is for all the people dropping posts on here about how shitty they think their lives are:

Last night I'm chillin at this park in the center of my city with a friend and we come across this dude sitting on a concrete block drawing a picture. He was doing someone's name with markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. It was quality stuff so we started watching him work.

I asked him a couple of questions and started to find out about this guy's life.

He had been shot in the head years earlier by a stray bullet fired from a window at random, which left him clinically dead for 38 minutes. Amazingly he lived but, when he recovered, doctors found that his nerves had grown back in around the bullet. He said having it removed could kill him or screw his brain up even more so he was stuck with the thing lodged up in the top of his head (I actually felt the deep "gash" left in his skull). The effects of this left him in a bad state -- he lost complete control of his bowels, has certain mental problems and as a result can't hold down a job (Social Security Income, he said, might at least be on the way in the future). He mentioned that his wife left him after his problems became more than she could deal with. To top it off he showed me his leg -- covered in spotty red sores -- and said he that he's diabetic and might need to have it cut off.

What really got my attention is that while we were talking he mentioned all these ideas he had for stories and novels, which were surprisingly well thought out and dope. His art was fuckin' clean and he showed me his kicks, which were still kinda new, and said that he finds them thrown away behind certain stores and brings 'em back for himself and other homeless heads to wear, along with other clothes and shit.

Basically, the guy was just an intelligent, well-spoken dude. If I had met him in another situation I would have probably had no clue he was out on the streets. But he was shot in the head and that's where he ended up. Not comfortably chilling in a carpeted, air-conditioned room like mine or even at the very least up in a shitty apartment making ends meat. He was out on a block in the park doing sketches for 4 bucks a piece with a fresh pair of clothes next to him in case he suddenly shit himself in front of everyone walking by.

Picture living like that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Ted Wakowski

^ True. I wasn't trying to bring people down with this post or anything, just pointing out that it's easy to forget how rough shit can really be.

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by MARLBORO RED

damn i wish this room had carpeting...

Haha, yo you should jump on a path to Broad St. in Newark. Cheap, leopard-print rugs out the frame...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I don't mean to be the asshole in the thread, but there's something shady about that story. All those symptoms you described (spotty sores, no control over bowels) are also side effects from intense heroin addiction... there is a possibility the man may have been hiding the truth in order to win your sympathy. If this is not the case, then that guy gets major props. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest FreeDaddy

more remedy for you depressed cabezas

stolen from another thread but fitting for this one:

The bravest people do have fear, it is the courage to slam that fear which makes them brave. We posses a brain - huge amounts of power - untapped. Let it black out. Let it go into the void. Reach into it. A true superstructure. A condominium. Our brains are far more complex and versatile than any billion-dollar computer system invented by man. The achievments in work today have been commited to programming their own lives. Have you ever noticed that before you lie down to close your eyes you actually battle wars against resting. Visualization, inspiration, concentration. DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT! NEVER LET DOWN! LIFE IS TOO SHORT! NO REGRETS! LIVE HARD!

Guest Ted Wakowski
there is a possibility the man may have been hiding the truth in order to win your sympathy

I said the same shit to my friend when we left -- that he might be fronting, like a lot of people in that position do. If anything I wouldn't guess him for a heroin addict; he wasn't skinny enough and didn't have any track marks on his arm (hiding it?). The guy seemed to have his shit together, despite his situation (good con? I kinda doubt it, he didn't even ask for money).

Either way, moral to the story: your life might not suck as bad as you think.

Archived