flat screen monitors and computer nerd question.

ElectricitySucks

ok so i have this 5 year old computer and the screen displays everything darker then on newer computer screens. so im thinking about just getting a flatscreen monitor so i dont have to go into photoshop to keep lightening pics or stuff i cant see. would investing in a new monitor be the trick, or is it acutally the computers fault?

all help/suggestions very much appreciated, you will win a box of matches.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i would like some answers on this one too. i got a flat screen without thinking about it at all, and am slowly regretting it. it might be because the screen refresh rate on my resolution tops out at 60, which kinda sucks. anytime i view dvds or play any sort of 3D esque games i get these wierd line things streaking across portions of the screen and my head starts hurting. it turns out (i think i dont know...) that because the framerate is higher then the refresh rate i get irregularities and i cant seem to fix this. its all complicated sience ... maybe someone could explain wtf is up with flatscreens to me?

other then that though, photoshop works perfectly and i have never had any problems with colors. maybe getting a newer graphics card in your computer would help...maybe?

Re: Re: flat screen monitors and computer nerd question.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

so....you never thought to fiddle with the contrast settings on the monitor?

no i did that, got everything (RGB) as high as possible and still, every picture/video i see on this comp. turns out really dark.

got photoshop?

Start> Settings > Control Panel > Adobe Gamma Control

The Adobe Gamma Control Panel is used to eliminate color casts in a monitor's display. This allows for accurate on-screen previews of an image as it will appear on a variety of other devices. When you install Photoshop 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0, the installer places a shortcut to Adobe Gamma Loader.exe in the Start MenuProgramsStartUp folder. This causes Adobe Gamma Loader.exe to load the settings in the Adobe Gamma Control Panel when Windows starts. Those settings are then applied system-wide

if not try this:

http://www.download.com/DarkAdapted/3000-2...tml?tag=lst-0-1

Originally posted by effyoo

got photoshop?

Start> Settings > Control Panel > Adobe Gamma Control

The Adobe Gamma Control Panel is used to eliminate color casts in a monitor's display. This allows for accurate on-screen previews of an image as it will appear on a variety of other devices. When you install Photoshop 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0, the installer places a shortcut to Adobe Gamma Loader.exe in the Start MenuProgramsStartUp folder. This causes Adobe Gamma Loader.exe to load the settings in the Adobe Gamma Control Panel when Windows starts. Those settings are then applied system-wide

if not try this:

http://www.download.com/DarkAdapted/3000-2...tml?tag=lst-0-1

worked. i turned everything up all the way, now everything is white as fucking heaven.

it just doesnt work so much for videos, but im assuming that has more to do with the video card which im not all that crazy about right now. thanks alot though.

Archived