Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

flat screen monitors and computer nerd question.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ElectricitySucks, Jul 21, 2004.

1. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

ok so i have this 5 year old computer and the screen displays everything darker then on newer computer screens. so im thinking about just getting a flatscreen monitor so i dont have to go into photoshop to keep lightening pics or stuff i cant see. would investing in a new monitor be the trick, or is it acutally the computers fault?

all help/suggestions very much appreciated, you will win a box of matches.

2. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

my monitor is trash also, it makes blue look flourescent, and yellow and red are the same yellowish red color. if there is a driver or something that can fix these types of problems, i would like to have it.

3. JasonWhit

JasonWhit Banned

i would like some answers on this one too. i got a flat screen without thinking about it at all, and am slowly regretting it. it might be because the screen refresh rate on my resolution tops out at 60, which kinda sucks. anytime i view dvds or play any sort of 3D esque games i get these wierd line things streaking across portions of the screen and my head starts hurting. it turns out (i think i dont know...) that because the framerate is higher then the refresh rate i get irregularities and i cant seem to fix this. its all complicated sience ... maybe someone could explain wtf is up with flatscreens to me?

other then that though, photoshop works perfectly and i have never had any problems with colors. maybe getting a newer graphics card in your computer would help...maybe?

4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

so....you never thought to fiddle with the contrast settings on the monitor?

5. ElectricitySucks

Re: Re: flat screen monitors and computer nerd question.

no i did that, got everything (RGB) as high as possible and still, every picture/video i see on this comp. turns out really dark.

6. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

in the device manager, i noticed an ability to select different color profiles for my monitor. what is a color profile?

7. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Did you mess with the contrast and brightness? There's also probably some video card tweaking you can do about the framerate problem.

8. Teh0wnz

Teh0wnz Member

it's most likely the monitor, you can probably download a utility somewhere that'll allow you to adjust your overall gamma. Just get a cheap CRT display.

9. ElectricitySucks

your speaking chinese to me. sorry.

10. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Your video card could be shitting the bed, also.

11. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

got photoshop?

Start> Settings > Control Panel > Adobe Gamma Control

The Adobe Gamma Control Panel is used to eliminate color casts in a monitor's display. This allows for accurate on-screen previews of an image as it will appear on a variety of other devices. When you install Photoshop 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0, the installer places a shortcut to Adobe Gamma Loader.exe in the Start MenuProgramsStartUp folder. This causes Adobe Gamma Loader.exe to load the settings in the Adobe Gamma Control Panel when Windows starts. Those settings are then applied system-wide

if not try this:
    http://www.download.com/DarkAdapted/3000-2...tml?tag=lst-0-1

12. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

13. ElectricitySucks

worked. i turned everything up all the way, now everything is white as fucking heaven.
    it just doesnt work so much for videos, but im assuming that has more to do with the video card which im not all that crazy about right now. thanks alot though.

14. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest