Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

CD REVIEWS

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by defyoner, Aug 25, 2001.

1. defyoner

defyoner Elite Member

lets see....
    AESOP ROCK - FLOAT
    out of 10 i would give it about an 8..
    there are some really good tracks on the CD, but some of the production is poor. Also i think that Slug did a poor job on the ILL BE OK track. on the other hand i think the track with Dose One is one of the best tracks that ive ever heard. This Album is a definite Buy if you like hipHop for the Lyrics, and not that much for beats.
    -----
    SixToo - Songs I hate and others...
    This although its only 9 tracks, id give it a 9, the tracks are amazing, atleast the production on it. I have not had much of a chance to listen to the Lyrics but ill re post this review when i get a chance. I wish that he would not have put the Grimey Inks the moment on that CD considering that its on the Anticon Giga Single.
    -----

If any of you out there had any thing to say about these CD's reply to this. Werd...

2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

'songs i hate' was basically something he put together to fund his living in the bay area for 6 months. it shouldnt be considered a real album. tht'll be done soon...

3. Jesus of Nazareth

Jesus of Nazareth Senior Member

Sage Francis
    Still Sick

Over all......I'd say it was a 7 out of 10....sage is sick as hell, and there is a lot of talent on the cd, but some of the production quality is poor (the cd is a cd-r).....a lot of the tracks are unreleased, and live.....over all a sick album......I'd recommend it.

I just got So-called Artists "Paint by Numbers", but I haven't had the chance to listen to it....

4. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

sage ehh..

not a fan gets really annoying.

i would like an ADM album to come out.

ever since i got DOrian Three.. ive been fiending another dosage from the white boy hip hop kids.

i just picked up this cd:
    "THE LONDON HOWLIN' WOLF SESSIONS" for about 3.50 4 bucks american. ouh its great. howling wolf plus eric clapton, steve winwood, bill wyman and charlie watts.

hot to dungheap for the price.

also bought a shitty motown record.
    hard to find decent recordings of motown on cd. recording from my vinyl sounds better.
    blah. if anyone hears of a nice supremes or temptations cd give me a shout.

5. defyoner

defyoner Elite Member

Jesus of Nazer....
    yea i also had the same fellings on the Sage album.. the only thing that draws me away from supporting his stuff is that he is an ass hole. the guy is way too full of him self. he thinks that hes fucking Pdiddy or some thing. Hes still a good rapper...

6. defyoner

defyoner Elite Member

werd.. i hear that

7. Seek One

Seek One Elite Member

if your in the RI or southeastern mass area check out the blackstone valley crew they are dope

8. krs702

krs702 Senior Member

i listen to Aesop Rock's Float pretty much everyday.. and I still am learning the meaning of his songs...

his new cd LABOR DAY hits SEPTEMBER 18 2001!!.... it's gonna be great

9. mr bungle- california
    id give this album a 9.8 out of 10. it's seriously that good and i'm just beginning to figure out its meaning. i thought rock was completely dead until i heard this album. go steal it now.

10. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

I've been listening to Kool Keith - "THE SPANKMASTER"
    brand new. it's good.

no, for real, it's good.

btw Sage got new shit "Sick of Waiting Tables.."

11. uglyfe

uglyfe Member

Bob, i thank you for finally realizing that adm is the man. this guy is my favorite to see freestyle live. he's sick... end of story.
    i want a copy of funk bunker fleet's "so handsom" by romen rock. i would really like this and would trade some shit or buy it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by uglyfe (edited 08-26-2001).]

12. asetONER

asetONER Member

tool-lateralus
    good CD,great instrumentals,but,i still like aenima better.....

13. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

finally realizing?
    what are you talking about.. ive been knowing.. but thanks for thinking im cool now.

14. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

i dont care about how adm does in an organized battle, but he's probably 10x more lethal in a street battle or cypher. i got sage's sick of waiting tape and there are some freestyles of sage with ADM and ADM just goes off. he's nuts. I like adverse too