Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

beastie boys

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by casekonly, Aug 24, 2005.

1. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

2. skroez

skroez Member

3. gren1 bnc

gren1 bnc Senior Member

4. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

thanks casek.

5. __ __ __ __

__ __ __ __ Elite Member

SCRATCH SAMPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

eh...

*edit: you scratch ________ ?

7. __ __ __ __

__ __ __ __ Elite Member

word.. but i dont think its worth spending the mone to press it lol..

bad idea... maybe i can find some vinyl with em..

8. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Yeah, I'm not sweating it... now that they're out there, they'll pop up on some bootleg vinyl. However, most of that stuff on the site is already available. I hope they drop some License to Ill/ Paul's Boutique tracks... thats the shit I've been waiting years for.

9. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i'm sure they will.
    they seem to be
    really friendly towards
    dj's and technology.

10. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

what's all this mumbo jumbo about vinyl pressings...just get serato and use the digital format. You can scratch just like you can with real vinyl. Same heavy feel as vinyl, you can do all the same platter cuts, hydros, uzis, lazers, all that shit. And of course the more advanced, flares, crabs, 1-2-3 click shit, all the same. I'm tellin ya mayne, accapellas and instrumentals will never be seen the same once you get it.

I will kill for my serato.

11. __ __ __ __

__ __ __ __ Elite Member

oh word.. my boy Dj Havik (beatjunkies) said he wants to get it
    ill check it out, cuz i heard sometimes it freezes.. like i froze on jazzy jeff when he tried it at a club.. and with kool herc and i think jrocc?.. not sure.. bout j rocc but i heard it freezes SOMETIMES.. ill probably invest in the new one..

12. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

is havik officially a beatjunkie? Rhett and Babu are easily my favorite out of the crew. What? is dope too, but he doesn't get enough exposure. Yo...and curse...what happened to him? He was pretty fresh for the little bit I heard.

As for the Serato freezing up, never ever has it happened to me. One time my laptop froze up, but it wasn't due to serato, it was a known issue with something else. But yeah, it does happen apparently, just hasn't to me (yet). Rane makes ill equipment known for their excellent peformance and sound. I think most of these freezes are coming from shit being firewired/usb'd into and out of your laptop that is having a conflict of some sort. Maybe shit they got rewired into other programs running in the background. All of that, among other stuff, can be a cause for a freeze.

Like I said though, Serato is tight. No latency issues, excellent pass thru quality, easy interface, and relatively cheap considering what it does. Get it.

13. __ __ __ __

__ __ __ __ Elite Member

hell yeah hes official.. its jut that he dont do regular mixtapes.. but yeah we all chilled with rhett a few times, havik was always the one doing gigs for them when they all first hooked up when they were young..cuz nobody wanted too.. now he aint on their website, cuz he isnt signed with anyone(label)
    but hes moving back to LA in a couple years to hoock back up with rhett and babu, and do things on the regular...

14. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

How am I supposed to remix something without the instrumental tracks?

15. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

what you mean 666? To get the instrumentals, if you are buying vinyl, most singles come with the instrumental. But if you are going to use the digital format, there are download packs available (at least for rap there is, do other genres have instrumentals?) that have the latest shit released that month with instrumentals and accapellas of them included. Check www.filemp3.org out, you gotta register. It uses bittorrent and has a ratio to keep up. But they got ill shit on the regular.