beastie boys

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

what's all this mumbo jumbo about vinyl pressings...just get serato and use the digital format. You can scratch just like you can with real vinyl. Same heavy feel as vinyl, you can do all the same platter cuts, hydros, uzis, lazers, all that shit. And of course the more advanced, flares, crabs, 1-2-3 click shit, all the same. I'm tellin ya mayne, accapellas and instrumentals will never be seen the same once you get it.

I will kill for my serato.

oh word.. my boy Dj Havik (beatjunkies) said he wants to get it

ill check it out, cuz i heard sometimes it freezes.. like i froze on jazzy jeff when he tried it at a club.. and with kool herc and i think jrocc?.. not sure.. bout j rocc but i heard it freezes SOMETIMES.. ill probably invest in the new one..

is havik officially a beatjunkie? Rhett and Babu are easily my favorite out of the crew. What? is dope too, but he doesn't get enough exposure. Yo...and curse...what happened to him? He was pretty fresh for the little bit I heard.

As for the Serato freezing up, never ever has it happened to me. One time my laptop froze up, but it wasn't due to serato, it was a known issue with something else. But yeah, it does happen apparently, just hasn't to me (yet). Rane makes ill equipment known for their excellent peformance and sound. I think most of these freezes are coming from shit being firewired/usb'd into and out of your laptop that is having a conflict of some sort. Maybe shit they got rewired into other programs running in the background. All of that, among other stuff, can be a cause for a freeze.

Like I said though, Serato is tight. No latency issues, excellent pass thru quality, easy interface, and relatively cheap considering what it does. Get it.

hell yeah hes official.. its jut that he dont do regular mixtapes.. but yeah we all chilled with rhett a few times, havik was always the one doing gigs for them when they all first hooked up when they were young..cuz nobody wanted too.. now he aint on their website, cuz he isnt signed with anyone(label)

but hes moving back to LA in a couple years to hoock back up with rhett and babu, and do things on the regular...

what you mean 666? To get the instrumentals, if you are buying vinyl, most singles come with the instrumental. But if you are going to use the digital format, there are download packs available (at least for rap there is, do other genres have instrumentals?) that have the latest shit released that month with instrumentals and accapellas of them included. Check http://www.filemp3.org out, you gotta register. It uses bittorrent and has a ratio to keep up. But they got ill shit on the regular.