Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

anyone know how to change a .wma file, into an mp3?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Nov 16, 2003.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

im trying to download some shit, but its a wma file, and itunes cant read it. hogwash. anyone know how to convert?

2. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

yeah, you gotta use a PC.... haha, oh fuck, bad joke.

3. cmencup

cmencup New Jack

4. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

5. Daze One Million

Daze One Million Elite Member

try downloads.com and see if you can find a program that will convert, i know i tried finding programs to do this as well and it was a bitch

6. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i should have mentioned that im on a mac.

bigpoppa,
    i tried the first one earlier today, but couldnt get it to work at all. the second one, i just cant even figure out how to start.
    i downloaded a bunch of music files that are wma, all i want is to make them playable in itunes and my ipod. this isnt rocket science.
    what gives?

8. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

install file buddy.
    launch it, open the file in file buddy.
    you get a window that shows you the type of file it is and what created it.
    http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/26287/p/579231_13211452913091159_vl.jpg'>
    now open an itunes file the same way and you'll notice the creator and type are different.
    all you need to do is copy and paste the type and creator info from your itunes files into the boxes for the wma file and click save.

the good thing about file buddy is that it installs a contextual menu item so you can control click the file in question and choose to 'open in file buddy'. when you have multiple files, select them all, ctrl click, it opens all of them, change the info on one of them and hit 'change all'. all files selected change into what you changed them into. none of that file by file shite..

hope i explained it easily enough.

once you do this, your filebuddy pref file will remember what you did and keep the itunes type and creator in the drop down menus for future reference.

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i'm using ox, so its a bit diffrent, but even still, i cant get it to work. i can make it change the file type, and a new icon will show up, appearing like an mp3, but when you import it into itunes, nothing happens.
    when i change the file type, and hit save, it happens immediately, so it doesnt seem like its going through any sort of 'converting' process.

why isnt there an easier, simpler way to do this? they have drag and drop converters for everything else in the world, but for some reason, wma>mp3 fails to have one.

10. FileBuddy is probably the most usefull app I have on my machine, but it won't help at all in this case. You can change the type and creator signatures all you want, but it does no file conversion.

Seeks, I don't know of any Mac app that does the trick. You may have to thug it out by recording on miniDisc, then recording back in and encoding.

Try this thing out... I haven't used it, but it says it converts over 40 different file formats, so it should probably cover you.

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

os9.
    not gwan work.

what is wma anyway? native winamp format or something?
    wtf?
    why wouldnt it be compatable?
    i dont have md.
    god damnit. i dont want to have to leave my house and buy the black album, and i dont want to have to buy the new outkast EVER, but i want to hear it.
    grrr

12. Daze One Million

Daze One Million Elite Member

Windows Media Audio

13. What's wrong with it being OS 9? Your Classic mode should take care of that.

14. mugatu

mugatu New Jack

download music match jukebox...
    options >convert.....simple

15. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

mugatu,
    should i point out another 28 times that im on a mac?

mams,
    dont have classic installed.