anyone know how to change a .wma file, into an mp3?

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by bigpoppa.k

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo...fo/macosx/19676

movies and audio from wma to mp3 for QT..

i prefer this though..

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo...fo/macosx/11688

file buddy.

lets you change the file type and the creator..

i should have mentioned that im on a mac.

bigpoppa,

i tried the first one earlier today, but couldnt get it to work at all. the second one, i just cant even figure out how to start.

i downloaded a bunch of music files that are wma, all i want is to make them playable in itunes and my ipod. this isnt rocket science.

what gives?

install file buddy.

launch it, open the file in file buddy.

you get a window that shows you the type of file it is and what created it.

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/26287/p/579231_13211452913091159_vl.jpg'>

now open an itunes file the same way and you'll notice the creator and type are different.

all you need to do is copy and paste the type and creator info from your itunes files into the boxes for the wma file and click save.

the good thing about file buddy is that it installs a contextual menu item so you can control click the file in question and choose to 'open in file buddy'. when you have multiple files, select them all, ctrl click, it opens all of them, change the info on one of them and hit 'change all'. all files selected change into what you changed them into. none of that file by file shite..

hope i explained it easily enough.

once you do this, your filebuddy pref file will remember what you did and keep the itunes type and creator in the drop down menus for future reference.

i'm using ox, so its a bit diffrent, but even still, i cant get it to work. i can make it change the file type, and a new icon will show up, appearing like an mp3, but when you import it into itunes, nothing happens.

when i change the file type, and hit save, it happens immediately, so it doesnt seem like its going through any sort of 'converting' process.

why isnt there an easier, simpler way to do this? they have drag and drop converters for everything else in the world, but for some reason, wma>mp3 fails to have one.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

FileBuddy is probably the most usefull app I have on my machine, but it won't help at all in this case. You can change the type and creator signatures all you want, but it does no file conversion.

Seeks, I don't know of any Mac app that does the trick. You may have to thug it out by recording on miniDisc, then recording back in and encoding.

Try this thing out... I haven't used it, but it says it converts over 40 different file formats, so it should probably cover you.

os9.

not gwan work.

what is wma anyway? native winamp format or something?

wtf?

why wouldnt it be compatable?

i dont have md.

god damnit. i dont want to have to leave my house and buy the black album, and i dont want to have to buy the new outkast EVER, but i want to hear it.

grrr

Archived