Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

.....an end to the armed campaign.

Discussion in 'News' started by bodice_ripper, Jul 29, 2005.

1. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

2. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

3. Bump for greatness. This isn't getting enough attention.

4. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

When the IRA starts turning over weapons that actually work ill believe this.

5. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

They may very well turn over weapons and explosives to make this appear legitimate, but I find it very difficult to believe that the IRA intends to completely disarm. Perhaps, in time, the peace process will make the arms caches unnecessary, Ireland will be united, and the British will remove their armed forces and government from the Six Counties. Until this happens, I have very little confidence that the IRA intends to actually completely disarm.

6. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

NO WAY, MAN!!!!!!

How can we let them disarm?? They are terrorists, they need to hunted out of their foxhole and destroyed!!

What is this?

Either your with us or against us! Peace process?

War on Terror !!

KILL IRA!

YEAH!

7. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

^^ I see this guys point.

My first thought was that it is a reaction to the recent bombings in London and the IRA's not wanting to get lumped in with the 'terrorists'.
    What's that saying? 'Your enemy's enemy is your ally'? Maybe the whole London thing will make the Northern Ireland thing moot.

8. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

If theyre willing to give up peacefully then things can be worked out in a different way. Unlike other people the IRA is willing to at least work out a peace.

9. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

In other words the IRA is giving up and the British won. And the Irish actually expect the British will just up and leave eventually because of the IRA gave up?
    Doesn't common sense dictate the opposite???

Disclaimer---> I don't live in Ireland I probably don't know all the facts about this.

10. MIZZaBcfly

MIZZaBcfly Member

americans talking about northern ireland is both funny and annoying

11. destroya

destroya Senior Member

since when does a catcher have thecredentials to comment on such a topic?

12. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

???

A Baseball catcher? :confused:

13. destroya

destroya Senior Member

pardon me; an outfielder.*

14. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

What the hell are you talking about???

Basebal?

15. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0926/northpolitics.html

IRA has completed disarmament: de Chastelain

26 September 2005
    The head of the Independent International Commission on Decommissioning has said that he is satisfied that the IRA has completed its disarmament.

General de Chastelain said the decommissioning body had reported to the Irish and British governments that it had observed and verified events to put beyond use all of the arms in the IRA's possession.

He said the arms decommissioned included ammunition, rifles, machine guns, mortars, missiles, handguns, explosives and explosive substances.