ENRON

Guest TEARZ

A couple notes:

blood n guts: your family probably took a bath on Cisco, not Sysco. Cisco is the the internet router company that has taken a beating, Sysco is a foodservice distribution company that has actually done quite well in the past year. Luckily, I got in and recouped some of the lost value of the other Cisco, which I will hold. Like millions, I took a bath on Enron. The remainder of my hand will remain hidden, good and bad.

are2: Tina Fey, incidentally, is in my dreams rather frequently, even as I sit minutes from Copacabana Beach, as I do now. Since you lost it before, also, my email is calebfunk@hotmail.com

God Bless America.

Sonik3000

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do we know it was suicide? I doubt a guy with $35 million is going to knock himself off over a guilt trip. It says he had complained to other top management about some of Enron's dealings. So maybe some other top management perceived a threat from his loose lips now that the investigations are underway.

Or, he knows how bad it REALLY is, and everybody else is in for longer prison terms than we thought.

-------------------

Are2: My feelings about "naivete" are really closer to halfway between what I first said, and what you said you felt. I just think a lot of the American public - not so much those particular Enron employees - are too trusting in general of corporations, mutual funds, 401Ks which are over-invested in the markets, Wall Street, Bush, Greenspan, and are generally uneducated about money and how to handle it. I'm kind of a strange voice on the issue of money, because I know how I would handle my money if I had any, but I'm too lazy to work so I don't have any.

it's funny..only after talking to a friend about the enron exec did i realize maybe it wasn't suicide..of course! that makes so much sense...that guy had millions..and who knows how much in information..

this whole thing makes lewinsky look like, well, a stain on a dress..

and yes cracked, people are way to trusting of bush, and the western world's demigod, alan greenspan

Guest willy.wonka

SOME SNITCH KILLED HIMSELF????BUSH GOT HIM

Some guy was gonna talk,thats all i know...then he killed himself....or was it bush's merry men????????

wow, my mind is completely blown.

i was traveling all day on friday and i didn't hear of this til now.

good looking out people.

it's getting deeper for real. holy shit.

Originally posted by Sonik3000

blood n guts: your family probably took a bath on Cisco, not Sysco. Cisco is the the internet router company that has taken a beating, Sysco is a foodservice distribution company that has actually done quite well in the past year. Luckily, I got in and recouped some of the lost value of the other Cisco, which I will hold. Like millions, I took a bath on Enron. The remainder of my hand will remain hidden, good and bad.

actually, i meant sysqo... after the rise of "the thong song," my parents invested heavily in this r&b/rap sensation. his inability to consistently produce hits are making my parents really wish they had opted for nelly...

take a ride with me.

Guest dukeofyork
Originally posted by blood & guts

actually, i meant sysqo... after the rise of "the thong song," my parents invested heavily in this r&b/rap sensation. his inability to consistently produce hits are making my parents really wish they had opted for nelly...

take a ride with me.

ha ha...

ill just leave my comments at that.

Guest BROWNer

this needs a scandalous bump...

some interesting tidbits on baxter that i'm sure you've already heard:

"Though believed to be one of the "whistle blowers" on Enron's financial mismanagement - last August a senior employee warned executives that Baxter was "telling anyone who would listen" about the "inappropriateness of our transaction" - his reaction to colleagues who congratulated him on his moral stance was, at times, bizarre.

"When I told him, two days ago, that he had done a good thing, he broke down in tears and said something about how he might need a bodyguard," said one friend."

hmm...

i find it immensely amusing that the bush administration is keeping the names of

those apart of the energy plan a secret. this is something bush has been hiding

since election.

bush is a sinister motherfucker.

Originally posted by BROWNer

this needs a scandalous bump...

bush is a sinister motherfucker.

...word

are some people just now realizing this?!

this bothers me mildly, that most are in consensus if not agreement that enron is some sort of coverup/hoax anything. i personally believe it is to take media attention off warcrimes etc.

but what bothers me is that bullshit enron has caught more attention than my post on the wef. the world economic forum is bigger and badder than any scam the government could shove down our already bullshit lined throats. nyc will most likely end up worse than seattle did and probably along the same lines as genoa usually does when globalization sets its club foot in a major city.

just my thoughts and no i dont want a fucking penny for them. i want all the anticapitalist/antiglob people who hide on this site to be in nyc next week throwing molotov cocktails at bill gates' limo. or be down there painting i dont give a shit. just fuck the machine. i know i sound 17 and have just listened to a rage album but that isnt it.

i have just been reading a lot of ammon hennacy, and dylan thomas.

i agree that globalization is a problem..however, the people who are protesting i do not agree with..there are lots of things about modern technology that are very beneficial, especially to the 3d world..and most anti glob protesters are against this stuff..such as genetically engineered crops, foods, vaccines, and animals...and these protesters are against all this..

if these protesters could actually organize something constructive to make a difference, rather than throwing molotov cocktails, maybe we could do something about these problems..

what happened in genoa was due in large part to these radical protesters, who are more about destruction than construction..they don't want a solution..they just want things to go back to the stone ages..most antiglob protesters participating in these demonstrations aren't interested in productive protesting..that is why that kid got killed by a cop..many moderate protesters aren't even interested in attending these conferences anymore because "hooligans" have taken over..

newsweek has had a few great articles about this...

and by the way, if you think the republicans devised enron to take heat off the war, sorry, but you are a fucking moron.

enron was happening years ago..it is only now that it is coming to light...why? because the government has been helping to try and keep it quiet..it's only after millions lost their fortunes that word got out..

and now people are gettin offed...

this scandal is far worse than boxcar understands

i dont think that enron blew up for that sole reason i just happen to think it is really bad timing.

as most anti glob kids i understand that technology is existant and allpervasive in fact i use my comp almost every day and probably wouldnt know what to do without it. but i do feel in my heart that globalization is a bad scene, i am guilty of using multinationalconglomerates on a daily basis to satisfy some selfish inhuman urge, but i recognize the dangers and addictions that stem forth from such urges, this would lead me to the naturalist party line, nature will win regardless, the point is to make it less lethal.

and in order to do this the globmovement must be condemned, capitalism must be destroyed, and people need to start working together, COMUNALLY. no masters.

and to prove my point about capitalism this SCANDAL is only a direct result of globalization and capitalism. greed and hate and all that jazz.

about the little stab about "radicalism" no change in the history of the world has every taken place by "peaceful" protest or organization, i have a lot of allies under the christian anarchy label and our main difference is that i fully believe violence changes things... malcolm x caused civil rights change not mlk, gandhi didnt do jack it was the thousands of chowkidars and indian nationalist freedom fighters that helped removed the brits from india... and to bring it to the US direct action is all that has built a nation, when it was somewhat liveable, need i mention Boston Tea Party, but you all knew that right?

i dont want to be the only one here waving my little black flag but there are anarchists everywhere.

browner's back in town. love it.

scandalous bump indeed. i gotta catch up. been traveling.

jobe- i don't understand why enron would be a bad thing at all. faith in capitalism and big business is potentially at an all time low for this decade. look at it that way- recession + filthy disgusting scandal= opportunity for you and your comrades. see it as a blessing dog.

boxcar..

i do feel that i am a responsible consumer..i have tried to folow in the staps of some active minded folks who think that corporations are getting out of control..i also think that the so-called president we've got now is all about the interests of big business..not about the people at all.

there are definitely some huge dangers lurking in capitalism..i am not ardently opposed to it..i think most americans have it pretty good..and it can be very easy to condemn the system while living peacefully within it...however, it is very important to be suspicious, and to question our world leaders in what is today a global village..

i am not interested in fighting globalization, but rather, making it more productive and positive for the globe, and not just corporations..i do believe that..on some level, this may be possible...international cooperation is going to be vital in the upcoming centuries..natural resources, like water, are going to start running out, soon, and we may end up needing some allies..

i do think that nafta and some other recent trade pacts are pretty damaging to most people..however, i don't see how rioting is going to help bring these fuckers down from their perches..

i disagree with some of your points about nonviolent protest..to say that ghandi did not do shit is really giving yourself a lot of historical liberties...

violence as a solution opens the doors for everyone else to use the same means..we are all judged by the same standards..so, anyone who wants to change things does so violenly? tell that to Musharraf, current president of pakistan, who staged a bloodless coup.

violent christian anarchists? now that is a group of people i would be suspicious of..

i'm not into anarchy..humanity as a whole is an irresponsible, uneducated lot..let's get them some good schools before we give them total self determination..

and p.s. boxcar, that newsweek article quoted an anarchist group (sorry, i don't know the name right now) as saying that what was going on in genoa was so out of control, they did not support those protesters..

i love the political discussions..this is america, we all have a right to our opinions, and i respect the dissenters..

are2 thanks for your little vote of support, and that was in all seriousness. i dont want to start a global battlefield here, but i do want to clear things up.

christian anarchy:

this is what i said "I have a lot of allies under the christian anarchy label and our main difference is that I fully believe violence changes things"

i should clarify as i am not a christian anarchist. a lot of myfriends are though and believe in nonviolence. i personally define violence as direct physical harm caused to humans. does this mean i disagree with violence no, but there is direct action that doesnt phsically hurt people...

"...international cooperation is going to be vital in the upcoming centuries..natural resources, like water, are going to start running out, soon, and we may end up needing some allies.. "

and what is the reason for this... this is a supply problem that comes from the demands of a ghaslty consumer industry, in a true communalist society only what is needed is produced and used,inour overconsumptive society everything is wasted, by CORPORATIONS.

i could go on, but i have to get stuff ready for this weekend... ill tellyou allhow it went but youll see the news.

Originally posted by blood & guts

take a ride with me.

i thought this was funny, and i dont think it got enough credit.

i was just readin gmore about the guy who killed himself..

excellent home life, loving family..just bought his mom a new caddy for her bday and took the family to ireland to celebrate, was waiting on delivery of his new yacht..he was on the "right" side of enron, and although he new the accounting was shady, he resigned from the company a while ago for those reasons..

his family doesn't understand..it seems they don't think he would kill himself..

and yes, the nation is a good newsmagazine..but i don't subscribe..

Archived