Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maus502

Kratom to be classified as a schedule I drug in the US on september 30th 2016

http://www.newsweek.com/dea-list-kratom-schedule-i-effectively-outlawing-herbal-supplement-495144

For those of you who don't know, kratom is a crushed leaf that is an alternative to prescription pain killers. It is less addictive than opiates, its natural, and there is virtually no withdrawal. This shit has helped a lot of people get off of heroin and pain pills. Its also a lot cheaper (and safer) than prescription opiates/opioids, so it made life a little easier for people without health insurance. You cant even overdose on it! I for one am extremely disappointed that this shits going down, and I'm not alone.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-13/kratom-advocates-sip-tea-and-seethe-at-white-house-rally-against-dea-ban

What do you guys think?

The classification, banning, and illegality of most if not all recreational type drugs is generally about money, politics, and racism more than it is about harm, danger, or protection.

• Like 3

^especially racism.....flood an underserved community with drugs (no work = depression = do drugs to cope with depression), then lock them up for taking the drugs (see for-profit prisons), and lastly, take away their right to vote because of the drug charge.

wash, rinse, repeat

it has not escaped my notice that weed is getting legalized in places without big minority populations

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now