RIP Christopher Hitchens

DownSyndrome

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
protested the war on terror? how about supported bush and the iraq war because it was a war against islam...

i liked the guy too, but lets not twist what he did.

Islamist extremist not islam, this i what he criticized about that war.

Criticism of George W. Bush

Prior to 11 September 2001, and the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, Hitchens was highly critical of Bush's "non-interventionist" foreign policy. He also criticized Bush's support of intelligent design[88] and capital punishment.[89][89]

Although Hitchens defended Bush's post-11 September foreign policy, he criticized the actions of U.S. troops in Abu Ghraib and Haditha, and the U.S. government's use of waterboarding, which he unhesitatingly deemed as torture after being invited by Vanity Fair to voluntarily undergo it.[90][91] In January 2006, Hitchens joined with four other individuals and four organizations, including the American Civil Liberties Union and Greenpeace, as plaintiffs in a lawsuit, ACLU v. NSA, challenging Bush's warrantless domestic spying program; the lawsuit was filed by the ACLU.[92][93][94]

The best memory I have of this guy, is watching him getting hammered on c-span not giving a fuck...

I was waiting for someone to make this thread...

Hitch was a bad ass, too bad he died

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqCsOjeLlXU

From his New York Times obituary...

"He also professed to have no regrets for a lifetime of heavy smoking and drinking. “Writing is what’s important to me, and anything that helps me do that — or enhances and prolongs and deepens and sometimes intensifies argument and conversation — is worth it to me,” he told Charlie Rose in a television interview in 2010, adding that it was “impossible for me to imagine having my life without going to those parties, without having those late nights, without that second bottle.”

He was an absolute MASTER of English dialogue and debate

RIP