tinfoil hats heads, and wana-be hustlers listen round

thehaze

its official, i'm sick of people using phones, don't you know how fuckin stupid it is using that these days?

so let me hip you too some basic ass shit that will keep your ass out of hearts and minds of what ever governmental body you happen too be weary of.

ipod-touch.jpg

ipod touch

+

cmswEmailChatAllHushmail-resized200.gif

hushmail.com

+

wi-fi-unsecured1.jpg

down the road, your neighbor, coffee shop etc.

=

img-secure.png

conversation didn't "happen".

iphones have no gps, they are not registered too anyone.

hushmail is pgp incription, there are some backdoors but unless your a terrorist the fuzz ain't gettin into it. (no voice print on written communication either)

unsecure connections mean that even if they do backtrack, it puts that shit on someone else.

plus the shits free, no more checkin how many mins you got left on a phone, or droppin quarters (and dimes) or having too carry around a pocket full of phones steady switchin up.

a small bit of effort goes a long way, your freedom isn't something too toy with or half ass.

you can also add a voip calling feature on the ipod which is also a sneaky trick...

http://lifehacker.com/378511/turn-your-ipod-touch-into-an-iphone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, that no GPS thing....

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/maps-compass.html

They also have IP addresses

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=496

As for Hushmail, I remember when I had a hushmail account back in 2001. Then they sent out an email to all of their users telling us that homeland security requested their encryption key....so, yeah....

Also, about that using free wifi (neighbors, coffee shop, etc...) It's pretty easy to sniff traffic in an unsecured location. In fact, it's easy as fuck. I like Backtrack, personally.

Real recognize real. This guy ain't real.

Yeah, that no GPS thing....

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/maps-compass.html

^this is an iphone, all phones have GPS!! i'm talking about a touch

They also have IP addresses

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=496

As for Hushmail, I remember when I had a hushmail account back in 2001. Then they sent out an email to all of their users telling us that homeland security requested their encryption key....so, yeah....

Also, about that using free wifi (neighbors, coffee shop, etc...) It's pretty easy to sniff traffic in an unsecured location. In fact, it's easy as fuck. I like Backtrack, personally.

Real recognize real. This guy ain't real.

i see where i wrote iphone at the end of what i wrote at first, i get how you mixed it up

ipod touch's do not have a gps. they do have maps, but its not a true gps, it finds your location based on it being connected too the internet.

and the ip doesn't matter when it doesn't have a name attached too it, especially considering that the wifi has too be turned on in order too it too access the internet.

and unless i grossly misunderstood something when explained too me, it can not wifi triangulate if it is turned off.

and hushmail is good enough unless your fucking with some national security shit. and that is real talk.

i used too work in a very good lawfirm and instead of using blackberry messenger they used hushmail, and it was because blackberry was less secure then hushmail.

feds sure, you got me that one. but an endless budget is going too find anything if its put on any kind of computer anywhere!! so thats hardly a reason too let people think that cellphones are still a fit form of communication.

and do you honestly think some local PD is going too get up on you using that shit?

especially if your switching up emails on the reg like you should be and doing everything else like you should be.

that shit is jokes if you think that.

The Iphone uses "assisted gps" by positioning via Navstar satellites.

"Jump to: navigation, search

Assisted GPS, generally abbreviated as A-GPS or aGPS, is a system which can, under certain conditions, improve the startup performance, or TTFF (Time To First Fix) of a GPS satellite-based positioning system. It is used extensively with GPS-capable cellular phones as its development was accelerated by the U.S. FCC's 911 mandate making the location of a cell phone available to emergency call dispatchers.[1]"

It also does cell phone triangulating, but it is unrelated to GPS.

The IP does have a name attached to it unless you bought your Iphone off of Craiglist, Ebay, or from a private person. When you sign up for service from At&t or whoever, your name is attached to that phone.

I fucked up: Once you get a carrier for the Iphone, you have a name attached to the IP address of the phone.

They probably used Hushmail because for a while that was the only email provider with the https address. That securely transmits your email over the air (which can be grabbed easily the other way).

Now that Gmail and the rest of the email providers are moving towards more secure methods

(https), this negates hushmail. I can use PGP encryption via Gmail all day.

By "National Security Shit" do you mean "all the emails around the world are going through one large set of super computers and being analyzed and tagged for keywords"? Because that's what's happening.

Also, since more than ten years ago, cell phones can triangulate and track down to a very small area. No one is really safe unless they use a throwaway (burner) with no name attached to a contract and ditch it every week or so.

Yes, Local PD's love the fuck out of tech. They also love The Patriot Act which allows them to use all their neat new toys.

P.S.: LE's can also turn on the mic on phones remotely and listen in to conversations. It's kinda old tech.

P.P.S.: I am security.

Forgot to add this: To make your cellphone not have it's mic turn on automagically by the LE's, you have to take your battery out. There is no secret "don't turn my microphone on remotely" button.

I'm not telling you this stuff to make you sound dumb or demean you in any way. Just wanted to make sure you or anyone else know the real deal.

i've been talking about an ipod touch this whole time, not an iphone!! check my post, i cleared that up twice now.

let me say this again, IM NOT TALKING ABOUT AN IPHONE.

that first picture clearly says ipod touch, even though i did fuck up and say iphone further down the post and only noticed after i couldn't go back and edit the thing.

here in canada the feds save every click of the mouse and every thing you type online, so if your going too be heatbag you got too use unsecure connections on "burner" laptops and devices like ipod touch's too get greezy.

• Like 1

i've been talking about an ipod touch this whole time, not an iphone!! check my post, i cleared that up twice now.

let me say this again, IM NOT TALKING ABOUT AN IPHONE.

that first picture clearly says ipod touch, even though i did fuck up and say iphone further down the post and only noticed after i couldn't go back and edit the thing.

here in canada the feds save every click of the mouse and every thing you type online, so if your going too be heatbag you got too use unsecure connections on "burner" laptops and devices like ipod touch's too get greezy.

Yeah, this is what got me on that:

"iphones have no gps, they are not registered too anyone."

My bad. You're right about Ipod touches not having gps. I'm sure a savvy LEO could track you down via credit card purchase of the Ipod Touch/IP/product ID, but that isn't too likely. Or maybe it is?

Why would you want to create a permanent record (email, chat, text) of any shady business you're up to in the first place? Whenever my online conversations head in a direction I don't feel comfortable with, I'll say something like "Hey, maybe we should discuss this in person" then change the subject. If the person on the other end pushes the issue, I stop responding.

Same with phone calls. If I want to get up to something and I have to call someone, all I say is "Can we meet up? Cool, see you in a bit."