Thom Yorke's new band

Ski Mask

is anyone else interested? haven't been following him much since the eraser, but i started to hear some talk of a new project, and it looks like its a go. the lineup is Thom York, Flea, Nigel Godrich, Joey Waronker, and Mauro Refosco. They just played a "suprise rehersal" at the Echoplex on Oct. 2nd.

from Stereogum:

http://stereogum.com/archives/photo/thom_yorke_echoplex_los_angeles_10209_093601.html

gallery_enlarged-thom_yorke-echoplex1.jpg

This was not the low-key warm-up gig ("total chaos ... kind of a rehearsal") Thom promised. Attendees of last night's pre-Orpheum preview got a full (and by most (Twitter) accounts "awesome") 90-minute set beginning with The Eraser played by Thom's new group (Nigel Godrich, Flea, Joey Waronker, Mauro Refosco). This was followed by a solo performance of three new songs: tranquil piano ballad "Open The Floodgates" ("Don't bore us/ Get to the chorus"), potential Radiohead strummer "Lotus Flower," and Coldplay-esque "Skirting On The Surface" According to ateaseweb "Floodgates" and "Skirting" are actually a few years old, but were never publicly performed until last night. The band returned for a final segment during which Thom bared his chest Moz-style. They played Radiohead b-side "Paperbag Writer," "Judge, Jury, & Executioner" (intro'd as "brand spankin' new" -- i.e., not an alternate version of "Myxomatosis") and "The Hollow Earth"/"Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses" from the new 12" one could purchase on-site while rubbing elbows with celebrity attendees Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Spike Jonze, and Rosanna Arquette.

Thom Yorke

October 2, 2009

Echoplex

1.) The Eraser

2.) Analyse

3.) The Clock

4.) Black Swan

5.) Skip Divided

6.) Atoms for Peace

7.) And It Rained All Night

8.) Harrowdown Hill

9.) Cymbal Rush

Encore #1 [Thom Solo]

10.) Open The Floodgates***

11.) Lotus Flower***

12.) Skirting On The Surface***

(full)

(partial, closer to the stage)

13.) Judge, Jury, Executioner***

Encore #2 [With Band]

14.) Paperbag Writer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kbNprnk5Qg

15.) The Hollow Earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bISXVHAIjWQ

16.) Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQCNmbvKvk

***New Songs

"Skirting on the Surface" and "Feeling pulled apart by horses" are my favorites. not a lot of new material here, so its hard to say if this is going anywhere good, but they've got my interest now.

so whats the verdict?

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Few years ago this guy released that solo album of him singing in his whiny voice. It was ok at first but got old by 3rd/4th song. I only heard it in pubs though, so for me it was that background noise that gets irritating after you hear the same vowels and chords every other minute.

Radiohead was ok in my book.

radiohead was always cool.

i stopped following them after KID A, i remember when hail to the thief came out and people were talking about them like they were gods, flying to other cities see them for that tour, i was like wtf uhhh name 3 songs off the bends or even one off pablo honey. nada. M2 blew them up pretty hard

fact.

pixies are their main influence.

csb