Our economy...

acer910

today I found out the public library is closed for a week. the sign said something along the lines of "It has come to our attention that we can no longer run at full capacity due to business expenses, we will be closed for a week and may go on a one week open, one week closed schedule"

discuss.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Where are they traveling to? $1900 is fiddling small change for a city to be spending on travel (as long as it's relevant). It's a shame the library is being closed, though. I'm sure there's probably a few extraneous programs they can cut out of the budget to keep the library open if they looked hard enough.

Acer- if the library being closed affects you, there's always college libraries...they aren't going anywhere.

its a REALLY small town and the 1900 was stuff they could have lived without like a 400 dollar tab at some restaurant.

yea, the UNCW library is alot better but its also way too far to ride my bike(singlespeed) and i dont really like the douchebaggy college elitist atmosphere it puts off. but, beggars cant be choosers i suppose. i just dont like the idea of spending a hour and a half on the city bus when i could be walking for 5 minutes to get a damn book.

i just think this town could manage their money MUCH better. fuckin *derogatory term for greek people*'s

lucky. i just lost about a grand at my job. apparently nobody told the patent lawyers there was a new design for this one machine so i assumed they wanted me to do the CAD drawings for the latest design, and apparently they want me to do it for the old design. so i just wasted a fuckload of time and was threatened to be fired i guess. they said they were looking for an employee who doesnt make that kind of mistakes.