NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Zed, what lines does that Christ book include ? Haven't peeped that one yet...

if i remember correctly, just the IRTs (no 7s tho). I only saw it once. i dont even remember any of the pieces in it except one which was a very early magoo piece with Skeme, and it was not the "wrek mag boss"

why is this book so rare?

i have been looking for it for about 15 years now. the closest i got was seeing a reference to it on Amazon Germany a few years ago. again, from what i can recall, all of the fliks in it i have never seen before or since. i only know of 3 people who have a copy, one of which is eggman (this is his photo by the way). it may just be rare to me - but this is the only book on subway graffiti that i cannot seem to find anywhere. i think it only exists in personal collections.

i have been looking for it for about 15 years now. the closest i got was seeing a reference to it on Amazon Germany a few years ago. again, from what i can recall, all of the fliks in it i have never seen before or since. i only know of 3 people who have a copy, one of which is eggman (this is his photo by the way). it may just be rare to me - but this is the only book on subway graffiti that i cannot seem to find anywhere. i think it only exists in personal collections.

I found the Christ Subway Graffiti book around a year ago. I think I did get it off the German Amazon, but it was hard. The seller wanted a bank transfer, which is a pain in the ass and expensive. I ended up mailing cash to Germany.

Keep looking! I'm still looking for that Andrea Nelli one.... Some day....

img_3016.jpg

Is it possible IZ had a tag on every car?

I'd say if not every car at one point or another then he's gotta be REAL CLOSE to having hit every car in that era in one way or another!!! He told me that in 81/82 there was a point where he went out and did "at least" 100 throw ups every night for the entire year and that was not including whole cars, panel pieces and insides... Also in that time period he pulled out no less then 25 whole cars, and that was just for that year!!! He was a painting and racking machine!!! He said one of the funnest times though was in 1980 during the transit strike, he said they just went bananas, painting pretty much nonstop day and night while the strike was going on... Like he said in Style Wars..."We had an orgasm" :lol:

Loving all those cleans !

Seriously, IZ has ups on so many of the cars on the subway.org site it's incredible ! There were some new ones posted the other day, mostly A's and N's from the 80's, and he was up on some of those as well. The true all-time NYC subway king.