NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
book.jpg

A great book for the collection. I got a promo copy yesterday. It's out in store in about 2 weeks. Something for everyone in here. 70's, 80's, BMT's. IRT's, and even some scrap trains.

Co-signed, I got mines yesterday and have not put it down. It's a good stroll down memory lane........

saw this on the NY thread thought I would add it here...

CIMG2580.jpg

during the clean train era??

oyeah fogot to say at the bad the michael jackson 'bad' at the end when they guys are climbing up the stairs , SMITH tag is white on the steps

CIMG2580.jpg

during the clean train era??

oyeah fogot to say at the bad the michael jackson 'bad' at the end when they guys are climbing up the stairs , SMITH tag is white on the steps

The person that posted it said he took that flick a couple weeks ago after IZ passed so it was a tribute done for IZ... Very fitting tribute to say the least!!! :king:

It's great to see so many books by classic writers coming out ! Some that I'd personally love to see books about are IZ of course, OE3 & P13, VINNY, MIN & BOE, QUIK, ZEPH, GHOST & LOST, to mention a few. One top favorite so far is definitely the FUZZ book, so many classic subway shots, as well as great stories from back in the day in there.

It's great to see so many books by classic writers coming out ! Some that I'd personally love to see books about are IZ of course, OE3 & P13, VINNY, MIN & BOE, QUIK, ZEPH, GHOST & LOST, to mention a few. One top favorite so far is definitely the FUZZ book, so many classic subway shots, as well as great stories from back in the day in there.

I'm working on IZ's book as well as a documentary film about him. Although we lost him while we were working on both we are still going to make sure they get done. ;)

Stussy came out with a 60page Ghost book a couple months ago, it's prety dope. you should check it out...

And rumor has it other books are in the works on some of the above mentioned writers as well. :D

an OE book would be the joint. I would love to see a TOP crew book. The Fuzz book was great - it is one of my favorite books. Proof that a good book is about so much more than just fliks...I am egar to see thr PartTDS book also. I have been trying to talk Web into making a book.

A TOP book would be good if they could cover all the members including IN. I'd really like to learn more about him. Other crew books I'd like to see would be 3YB, RTW, TFP, UA and RIS.

Single writer books I'd like to see... Ghost, Min, Seen UA, Lee, Skeme and Dez, Blade and Comet...

My list would include a lot of the writers that you mentioned above. Definetally Ghost, Min, and Skeme would be great. I think that a Sane/Smith book would be great. Not only for the pictures, but I bet it would make for a tremendous read because of what they did, and experienced. A Ven AMW book would be great. The way he was out there, and the amount of unseen flix of his work he has. I think it would be really good.

I also think a book just focusing on the history of the BMT lines would be great. Just because it seems as though there is such great documentry of the IRT's, but when it comes to the BMT's there isn't that much.

BMTs and Ven - two books on my wish list. On the run made that Seen book about 10 years ago - just fliks tho, but still a must have for the collection.

people with insane collections should make books. with online publishing now available you can make abook without going through a traditional publisher and only print as many copies as you need. there no huge profit margin, but hell, when you go through a traditional publisher the author rarely makes any serious money anyway. the publisher takes the biggest risk, so naturally they take the biggest cut. going independent would be a little more expensive for the consumer, but for classic transit i believe people would spend the money. and your not required to print 10,000 copies.

An RTW book...I dont think the world is ready...

BMTs and Ven - two books on my wish list. On the run made that Seen book about 10 years ago - just fliks tho, but still a must have for the collection.

people with insane collections should make books. with online publishing now available you can make abook without going through a traditional publisher and only print as many copies as you need. there no huge profit margin, but hell, when you go through a traditional publisher the author rarely makes any serious money anyway. the publisher takes the biggest risk, so naturally they take the biggest cut. going independent would be a little more expensive for the consumer, but for classic transit i believe people would spend the money. and your not required to print 10,000 copies.

An RTW book...I dont think the world is ready...

I agree about the self publishing. The problem with that, is as you stated it is more expensive. Not just a little bit more, but a lot more. Just to do a regular size book (on Blurb for example) could easily cost anywhere between 80 to 110 bucks (without the shipping). That's without the author seeing a penny, only the printing company. I am with you as far as buying it. I would gladly pay 100 bucks for a self published subway book (I actually have before), as I am sure that you would, but you have to ask yourself how many die hard people would not only be willing to pay that much for it, but also have the money in these times. Still though, I am agreeing with you. It is not only nice to do, but doing it independently you have complete creative controll, and can put exactly what you want in it, and how you want it to look without having anyone else to make the final decision.