MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So I grabbed a few of these lookalike ded 2 for a dollar!!! and then I saw these window writers in the kids section of a random store my wifey dragged me into, so I was happy.

with these and a few kiwi's I will have good times....

the one with the postal sticker is no big secret, neither is the window squeezers, but the ded's were a cool find for me...... I'm looking for different ways to make nib's I'd like to make one that I could fit onto these lookalike's real good without giving up too much spillage while the tip is pointed down(you konw what I'm saying....

IMG_1261.jpg

Yo Mr.D7's...

There is a great tutorial on modding those type

of nibs. No matter want the size. It's like 10 or so

pages back maybe. I forget who did it, but it will

make those nibs last. Nice find.

haha, thanks asdf...i made that thing...

and you reminded me, MORE UPDATES ON THE GUIDE (find the guide and add these steps):

1. once you got your sock under the plastic lip, take your pinchy metal thang thang that i gave pics of and pull up on the bottom part of the lip. what i mean is, stick the thing under the lip (in between the plastic and the sock) and push/pull the plastic lip up a bit, itll loosen up and cover the sock more. flicks wont show you shit so i wont bother. go around the WHOLE nib doin this.

2. once youve lifted the lip a LIL bit, you dont wanna bend it back, just pull it over the sock, go around the whole thing pinching the lip down again. doing all this will make the lip more steady over the sock nib. the guide on bs had some complicated shit with lighters and bending the lip back, etc. too hard for my lazy ass.

and an edit to the guide:

unless youre puttin ink in the marker, DO NOT KEEP THE FOAM OR LEAK PROTECTOR UNDER THE SOCK! when you do that, NO paint will flow through and the nib will dry up even quicker. it sucks. just pull the foam/leak protector out and use only sock for the nib if you wanna use paint/dont want drips with your ink...

there you go people...

and you reminded me, MORE UPDATES ON THE GUIDE (find the guide and add these steps):

1. once you got your sock under the plastic lip, take your pinchy metal thang thang that i gave pics of and pull up on the bottom part of the lip. what i mean is, stick the thing under the lip (in between the plastic and the sock) and push/pull the plastic lip up a bit, itll loosen up and cover the sock more. flicks wont show you shit so i wont bother. go around the WHOLE nib doin this.

2. once youve lifted the lip a LIL bit, you dont wanna bend it back, just pull it over the sock, go around the whole thing pinching the lip down again. doing all this will make the lip more steady over the sock nib. the guide on bs had some complicated shit with lighters and bending the lip back, etc. too hard for my lazy ass.

unless youre puttin ink in the marker, DO NOT KEEP THE FOAM OR LEAK PROTECTOR UNDER THE SOCK! when you do that, NO paint will flow through and the nib will dry up even quicker. it sucks. just pull the foam/leak protector out and use only sock for the nib if you wanna use paint/dont want drips with your ink...

there you go people...

video guide

:D

actually the name on these bottles was NOT the staz on stuff, but they are the same as these.....

except it squeezes better than the staz on for some reason, maby what was inside previously loosened up the plastic...

plus the staz on is like 2.99 to buy..... these were 2 for a buck!!!!! no racking necessary..

NO NEED TO CATCH A CASE FOR 3 DOLLARS WORTH OF CLEANING SUPPLIES..LOL

also I've used those spongy brush's to make nib's.... they seem like a good idea but they fall apart after using em a handfull of times... I like felt wrapped tightly in a tshirt, the cotton in a sock is too heavy but the shirt is just right.........:D

there you go people...

The staz on bottles are different. They don't have that metal piece that you can take off. It's just one big piece of plastic, so this wouldn't work. But good props for other mops.

From the picture graff that you or someone else made (I don't remember); It showed a removable metal piece around the nib of the mop holding the mop nib in place. That metal piece was taken off and had the sock placed under it and then the metal piece was placed back on the mop to hold the sock on. I thought this was what you were mentioning, and the staz on cleaners do not have this removable piece to take off, so it wouldn't work. But, like you just said, you are using a different mop, and I have seen other mops that have this removable piece. So therefore, it will work, just not on the staz on cleaner mops.

Sorry to be confusing.

i dont remember exactly where it is at michaels but it should be next to the stamps...

android, my guide is actually for the nibs that dont have that metal thing cause pretty much all of mine have the nibs the staz ons have (if i remember the staz on nibs correctly, ive seen em even though i dont own one). i actually get what youre talkin bout now cause i have one with a plastic thing on the nib thats like the metal thing you described...

i dont feel like lookin on this page to see who mentioned this but i think that i would agree with them that for markers with paint, sock fabric is a bit too thick. maybe go for the t shirt fabric idea...that might be too thin but its worth tryin...

Maybe this has been answered before, but I couldn't find the answer. Those new woven-felt tips that come on Grog mops and I've heard some On the run marks, anyone know if their is a more accessible place to get replacements for them. I figured they were from some kind of shoe polish, but can you find them in the states?

i dont remember exactly where it is at michaels but it should be next to the stamps...

android, my guide is actually for the nibs that dont have that metal thing cause pretty much all of mine have the nibs the staz ons have (if i remember the staz on nibs correctly, ive seen em even though i dont own one). i actually get what youre talkin bout now cause i have one with a plastic thing on the nib thats like the metal thing you described...

i dont feel like lookin on this page to see who mentioned this but i think that i would agree with them that for markers with paint, sock fabric is a bit too thick. maybe go for the t shirt fabric idea...that might be too thin but its worth tryin...

It's all good, simple misunderstanding.

man theres only one spot that sells pilot markers or anything worth getting but its like mom and popps art supply so i feel kinda bad rackn there shit...no major corporate places carry the ill shit to rack. so let me get this straight cause i actually learned this when i was like 13 for the deodorant marker just seal the shit with wax get your ink/paint add a lil thinner/rubbing alcohal/brake fluid (whatever your choice is) stuff the sock let it soak and BAM?!!?!?! and on the kiwi shoe polishers is there even a way to pop off the top i thought it was one solid piece of plastic?

I can't understand you about the deoderant mop.

But for the kiwi: Yes, you can pop off the top, take out the regulator, clean out, add whatever you have. If you do your research, you will easily find everything you needed to know. There's probably about 15 different picture models of how to do this.