NHL 2007-2008 Season

greensleeves

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would do a 12 oz fantasy league, you can sign up on yahoo until november I think. Somebody start one and get us the #.

I think Buffalo will at least be second rounders. I think the outdoor game is going to be awesome. I don't feel like paying all that money (for scalped tix) to freeze my ass off, hopefully someone was thinking of me when they bought/will buy their block.

I have a great team this year in my public league, I just hope everyone plays the game, there were two or three deadbeats towards the end of last season. I was sitting in the bottom two for the first couple of months last year, but through persistence and some waiver action I was able to place third. I have finally found a way to keep interested in what goes on in the rest of the league:)

What do you think of Nylander, that guy is clutch, he's going to have something to prove in Washington, but it's too bad he got away from you guys ssp. I would have sent Jagr packing instead. Can't believe I just said that, but I mean it for the most part.

can somone plese very bliefly explain what exactly the fantacy league shit is and what happends if u win?

Basically, you log in to your Yahoo! acount, click on the Yahoo! link in the upper left I think, find where it says Sports, click that link, find where it says Fantasy, click that link, go through the process of registering yourself with a league (wait until we get things going here). Once you are in a league, you pick a name for your team and you have to prepare yourself for the draft. I have played rotisserie only, so I'm not sure how head to head works yet, but here you rank all your players according to who you think is best, or go with the automatic settings. I always try to rank them personally, and I'm not too shy with the don't pick ever option. Then you wait until everyone has done the same, and clicked the ready to draft button, and wait for the email saying you got your team.

12oz Fantasy Hockey League 07-08 Season

Is all setup. PM ME FOR PASSWORD AND LEAGUE ID NUMBER.

I would post on here but I know you jokers too well.

Please do not sign up if your going to play for a day then quit.

*DRAFT DAY IS SUNDAY THE 7th OF OCTOBER AT 11pm.*

This will be a live draft, if you cannot make it, pick out the players ahead of time.

This league is for fun, shit talking, bragging rights...and may help some of us to pronounce various Russian and Swedish names.

NOTE: This is a head to head league. Ive tried them all and found this to be the most fun. Next year we can try something different if it goes shitty.

The winner will take home a mini stanley cup after the season and will be allowed to write their name on it. They will cherish it for only the summer until next years league begins. It is critical that this cup be shown serveral times over the summer in many random places, with alcohol and tittays being the main backdrop.

Thanks.

SSP- 120z FHL Comish.

i just like really don't undstand this shit.

is it like a video game or like do the players that u picked stats from real games go to them?

can someone just like briefly explain what this shit is.

You pick players, you get points based on what they do that night. Use those points against other players. Like a game. You and your opponent pick your players each week/night and whichevers players have the most goals get the point for goals. There are something like 9 points each matchup. Goals, assists, saves, Power play goals..etc. Just pick some players, setup your team for the week deciding who is playing the best from who you have and watch the games if you want or check em out the night after. Whatever works.

FUCK. I missed the first Rangers goal of the season. Drury. Just now. Awesome.

ANYWAYS..http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/hockey/rules/index.html

Read that shit. Hit me up if you want in.

I might join, but, shit, fantasy has never really been my thing. Baseball is one thing, but I feel that when people play fantasy, it ain't about the game anymore. Know what I mean?

Eh, just set your players for the week. At least get in. That way you have at least 1 player to root for during a game, which means you can always take a min to peep what game is on tv. Its to get people more interested in the sport more than anything.

Check your pms and sign up.

Edit. Anyone see the Rangers hit the AWESOME button in the third period tonight. 2 goals in 12 seconds and then a third right after that. Gonna be a good season.

Eh, just set your players for the week. At least get in. That way you have at least 1 player to root for during a game, which means you can always take a min to peep what game is on tv. Its to get people more interested in the sport more than anything.

Check your pms and sign up.

Edit. Anyone see the Rangers hit the AWESOME button in the third period tonight. 2 goals in 12 seconds and then a third right after that. Gonna be a good season.

I'll do it tomorrow during the day. Hopefully it won't be too late by then.

But just to let you know, even though I know you know, I need no assistance to be any more into the NHL. I often wish Canadian sports media would focus on things other than hockey, but I still love my hockey.

I heard Drury scored the game winner opening night too.

The Sabres lost in a shootout, the PK looked awful. Scored some nice goals however. I'm pretty shocked not to be listening to the same voice I have been listening to for forever, we got some guy from Toronto doing color now.

Archived