HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

xfrodobagginsx

HOW DO YOU GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although i know that fuji has been used in a myriad of japanese woodblock paintings, i wasn't aware that this particular "wave with fuji in background" format has been used often. do you have any links/pictures of these different photos?

but i only know that hokusai is most known for that particular wave print... possibly the most recognizable japanese print to non-japanese.

Hokusai's treatment was novel because Fuji is so small.

Jesus was God in the flesh, just as He said He was.

where did he say that? In the bible? well, then if it's in the bible, I want it in the language that Jesus spoke, which is in Aramaic, and there is no such bible that exists, so therefore.........

Anyway, the only way a person would say that a man is god is someone who has no knowledge of God, let's talk about the attributes of God first, then we can see if Jesus was God in the flesh.

yeah, but...where is their proof, because there are also Christians don't beleive that Jesus is the son of God, there needs to be a criteria...

If God is Everliving, then how can he die on a cross?

If Jesus was god, then why did he pray? Who was he praying to, himself?

Also, why would God teach the Jews (and all the other nations before him) not to worship false idols such as statues, men, angels, trees, the moon, the sun..etc etc,

Then turn around and expect people to worship a man later?

Hey man, you askin the same questions I did when I rejected any religion.

I was just showing the line of christians.

Internal contradiction arises in any system.

But yeah, a lot of those questions are why I personally don't find much validity in judeo-christian dogma, including islam.

that's probably just because you don't understand Islam much, most people have heavy duty misconceptions about Islam, especially these days when it's popular culture to hate Islam, Christians are spending all their time and money to defame Islam, the US govt. is on an all out witchhunt aginst Islam and on top of it all, Ignorant muslims are doing stupid things to throw more fuel into the fire in the name of "defending Islam".

So I can easily see why people would have a lot of misconceptions.

that's probably just because you don't understand Islam much, most people have heavy duty misconceptions about Islam, especially these days when it's popular culture to hate Islam, Christians are spending all their time and money to defame Islam, the US govt. is on an all out witchhunt aginst Islam and on top of it all, Ignorant muslims are doing stupid things to throw more fuel into the fire in the name of "defending Islam".

So I can easily see why people would have a lot of misconceptions.

Lest I remind you Dawood, that my mother grew up in a muslim household. My grandfather is a practicing muslim.

My disbelief comes from years of introspection and thought on the issue. Do not think Islam is special in my denial of it.

Nor should you discredit my belief through such a simple dismissle. I understand Islam, and if you have paid any attention to many of the things I say on this board have even defended it against the very misconceptions you bring up now.

everyone has their views on religion, everyone has their own religion or disbelief, everyone claims to respect others opinions, but everyone is too prideful to admit they may be wrong in anyway. its the way of the world, and arguing wont change minds.

Lest I remind you Dawood, that my mother grew up in a muslim household. My grandfather is a practicing muslim.

My disbelief comes from years of introspection and thought on the issue. Do not think Islam is special in my denial of it.

Nor should you discredit my belief through such a simple dismissle. I understand Islam, and if you have paid any attention to many of the things I say on this board have even defended it against the very misconceptions you bring up now.

sorry, man. It's hard to rememeber what everyone beleives. it's difficult enough to hold on to what I beleive.

the reason I said what I did was because you mentioned that the questions I was asking is what led you away from religion. It's interesting that these same questions led me to it.

Coming from a christian background, i always questioned the validity of christian dogma.

I was never really interested in religion much until I started studying Islam. When I found out what muslims beleive concerning God, that was it. I was convinced that if there was any religion that was true, this was it. And now 7 years later, having gained more knowledge about the perfect attributes of God, I'm more convinced. Also, the constant media attention

directed toward Islam after 911 forced me to re-evaluate my faith and honestly, i can say that the more i know about this way of life, the more I know it comes from Allah (God).

When you begin to understand the quran in arabic, it's an amazing thing and i see clearly, that the bad image of Islam that people see today is not the Islam that is in the quran.

The majority of muslims are not practicing the faith properly today.

I guess, the only example I could give is, look at the US constitution, then look to the US govt. and Americans. Do the majority of americans represent what is in that document?

sorry, man. It's hard to rememeber what everyone beleives. it's difficult enough to hold on to what I beleive.

the reason I said what I did was because you mentioned that the questions I was asking is what led you away from religion. It's interesting that these same questions led me to it.

Coming from a christian background, i always questioned the validity of christian dogma.

I was never really interested in religion much until I started studying Islam. When I found out what muslims beleive concerning God, that was it. I was convinced that if there was any religion that was true, this was it. And now 7 years later, having gained more knowledge about the perfect attributes of God, I'm more convinced. Also, the constant media attention

directed toward Islam after 911 forced me to re-evaluate my faith and honestly, i can say that the more i know about this way of life, the more I know it comes from Allah (God).

When you begin to understand the quran in arabic, it's an amazing thing and i see clearly, that the bad image of Islam that people see today is not the Islam that is in the quran.

The majority of muslims are not practicing the faith properly today.

I guess, the only example I could give is, look at the US constitution, then look to the US govt. and Americans. Do the majority of americans represent what is in that document?

I would argue in the grand scheme of things that Islam and Christianity are more similar than different. They come from the same tradition of Judaism, recognize the same important spiritual leaders (up through the beginning of the common era), and are both monotheistic and exclusive.

Spare me the argument that Christianity is not monotheistic, I have already heard it. Christians believe that they are monotheistic.

I don't really understand why someone would convert from one to the other, except on some sort of cultural basis, considering their similarities.

I would argue in the grand scheme of things that Islam and Christianity are more similar than different. They come from the same tradition of Judaism, recognize the same important spiritual leaders (up through the beginning of the common era), and are both monotheistic and exclusive.

Spare me the argument that Christianity is not monotheistic, I have already heard it. Christians believe that they are monotheistic.

I don't really understand why someone would convert from one to the other, except on some sort of cultural basis, considering their similarities.

there's HUUUUUUUUUUUGE differences between islam and christianity. Again, If you don't know about Islam and only know basic things about it, you can't really effectively make an argument about it.

I could list a hundred things starting from dress code down to dietery things, etc etc.

but the main thing is that Christians worship Jesus and Muslims do NOT worship Jesus.

Muslims worship God alone, we follow the examples of the messengers, but we don't make them into Gods.

Anyway, JEsus, Moses, Noah, Abraham were all muslims. They all submitted their will to the will of their creator and that is the linguistic meaning of the word Muslim.

All the prophets of God were on the same religion. It's not that Jesus came with Christianity and Moses came with Judaism, then Muhammad came with Islam, No, they were all Muslims who submitted themselved to their creator and followed one path.

yeah i was thinkin bout it at the end of last semester. I was really into looking at systems as dialectic oppositions. And then I just abstracted a couple levels, and tried to figure out why death is such an important figure in philosophy. Then I thought about how we struggle so long to understand what life is, but to what aim. What is its antithesis that we explicate so much about implicitly through our study of life? Death itself.

How can Christians be monotheistic? Even if they claim monotheism, they still worship Jesus. Even their commandments say, "thou shalt not put any gods before me" but they turn around and do exactly what their commandment says not to do.

Christians are not monotheist.

Not at all. In islam one of the things we study intensely is the attributes of God. For instance, God is all knowing, all hearing, the creator, everliving, the owner of everything,

The most merciful, The most wise. And we understand that God is not in need of anything. He created everything, so everything is subject to his will. He is not subject to anything.

So to say that God came to earth , became a man, died, etc. is stripping God of his perfect qualities and attributing to God something that God himself never attributed to himself.

That's why I brought up proof earlier. Where is their proof to say God became Jesus? an english version of a book that was translated from Aramaic to hebrew, then from hebrew to Greek, then to Latin, then into English? That's not proof at all. Not to mention that these people , Jesus' disciples, Luke, Matthew, Peter, etc. Who are they? what are their last names? What families did they come from? Look it up, you wont find it. THese people who supposedly wrote the bible are nameless. Without a lineage. We don't know who they are, so how can we accept their writings that were translated 5 times before it reached us?