-----> NY OLD SKOOL (1969-1974) <-----

nxrto

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its Amazing looking through this thread and seeing how quickly the letters developed. By the time 83 rolled around everthing had already been done, and the foundation to everything that is done today had already been laid out. Its humbing to see. When I consider all the innovation that happened during this period I realize how insignificant the stuff done today is in comparison, including my own....arrows, loops connections, falling bits, 3D highlights, un-outlined tilted 3D...the list goes on...Amazing how the competition pushed style so far in so little time..I wish kids could see this and appreciate and give the respect due.

..I wish kids could see this and appreciate and give the respect due.

most do, some dont, while others just dont give a fuck cause they're only in it for the minute. but like you thise are the gods of our culture to me. they created something so profound from nothing. it is quite humbling, and makes it hard to look at current graff and see anything really "new".

Its Amazing looking through this thread and seeing how quickly the letters developed. By the time 83 rolled around everthing had already been done, and the foundation to everything that is done today had already been laid out. Its humbing to see. When I consider all the innovation that happened during this period I realize how insignificant the stuff done today is in comparison, including my own....arrows, loops connections, falling bits, 3D highlights, un-outlined tilted 3D...the list goes on...Amazing how the competition pushed style so far in so little time..I wish kids could see this and appreciate and give the respect due.

wow..not sure if you are a young kid or veteran but man if you are a newbie to the game, thanks for putting it so correct.

The only discrepancy I would say is that I would extend the time to around 1986-87 to include the damage done before the Redbirds. But basically you are right, in a way letters

and style where already developed and the true foundation was set.

good quote...

• 3 weeks later...

^^ Probably the realest shit I ever read on this site.

Many of us share and propagate4 that sentiment.

I'd say it was has all been done by 79. Then PERFECTED by 83.

In my opinion, even the dopest shit from 84-88 never quite measured up to the Golden Age. And even including 88 is a stretch cuz only a handfull were still doing decent shit.

Some have said graff stopped mattering after the trains, I say graff (Stylewise) after stopped mattering after the 1's, 2's. 5's. (86-87).

^^

Some have said graff stopped mattering after the trains, I say graff (Stylewise) after stopped mattering after the 1's, 2's. 5's. (86-87).

I have to agree with a side note that it also stopped mattering when old traditions or old rituals were replaced by so called new ways or values.

There was a sort of qualification in a way as you went through the ranks.

Sadly today, anyone with access to a train or wall can bypass all that and think they have the same contributing value as those before them.