Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the_gooch

Photo retouching / restoration.

Can anyone recommend any books on this topic. I want to teach myself how to do this.

Any info on it would be helpful and greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

thanks.

that's a start.

i found a few books on amazon that seems good, but i'm just not sure. i'm still asking around a bit before i buy one.

get one of those photoshop books with the cd . i took a photoshop class a while back and i got the book in the school library and we had a bunch of lessons on that cd.

i already have a few ps books. i wanted to know if anyone had any picks for more specific books and/or sites, etc.. and by specific i mean in relation to photo retouching, etc...

phot retouching is a fairly broad area.

but i guess the basic set of tools can be applied to all of them

* Curves: for colorcorrection; being able to correctly smaple the color info from one image and create matching information for correction areas. I am not so good at curves. but i know they are very poerful and soe people use them on combination with specific channels.

* Pen tool and other means for precise selction making, The pen tool is my go to tool however quite a bit can be done with quick masks and color range selections.

* Maskes are also a good thing to work with, allowing to conceal/reveal layer areas with out altering the pixle data.

* i think even though it seems to be the most blatantly useabel tool, the "stamp", is used the least. and in favor of cloning and area i think a lot of people copy paste spefic pixle areas to cover and area typically handled by the clone tool. This way your not altering original pixle data your jsut building ontop of the image.

but at the end of the day what you need to knwo depends heavily on what you want to re-touch;

* fashion shit

* product phtography

* old and aged photos

* architectural

the list goes on....

thanks lox, that was helpful.

thanks for the tips!

i want to try to learn as much as i can so i can have well rounded knowledge for all aspects of re touching.

any options out there for video retouching. iv been shooting a ton of stuff over the past two years onna pretty decent sony hd dv. find that weather or not its been a function iv set incorrectly or another reason my footy is dull looking. colors just dont pop, and im filmin shit that the colors need to fuckin pop.

what are my options, if any??

some programs have color retouching. i think final cut pro is one of them, you might be able to find downloads for your editing program as well.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now