Wash DC

colonisms

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

DC Graf Awards

Top Street Bomber

1. CHE KGB & MOE ATB (tie)

These dudes are killing it with radically different approaches to the sport. CHE has much improved this year and has been dabbling with many different styles. MOE is throwing caution to the wind and burying DC under a blizzard of handstyles and throwies. I'm glad to have been a part in squashing beef between these 2 earlier this year.

2. AERA KGB

On the come up! CHE partners up with this street killer for a reason.

3. JAKE

Farewell, homie. If this guy had stayed in DC, this list might look a little different.

Top Legal Graf

1. DEMON 202 DOTCOM(Edgewood Mural Jam, Rhode Island Avenue Shopping Ctr.)

Like Prince sang: "Controversy!" If you can stand to have your religious sensibilities challenged, the dopest piece all year.

Top Illegal Graf

1. Michael Jackson Tribute, JUJU (Fort Totten Metro Station)

Not the best, technically... but subject matter, location and execution make this el primo.

(dis?)Honorable Mention: MOE tag on Adams Morgan mural.

Almost as many people talked about this as the MJ tribute. That's what graf is about, folks.

Top Non-Graf Street Artist

1. DECOY

She's my homegirl, but she goes out and gets it in. Might not be the by-the-book vandal's cup of tea, but she probably has more spots than you, so shut up.

2. RVLTN

3. DIABETIK

Best Mural

1. Edgewood Mural, Rhode Island Avenue Shopping Ctr. (CHOR Boogie, POSE 2, DECOY & Quest Skinner)

2. Takoma Park Metro Mural (DEMON 202)

3. Girard St. Park Mural (Aniekan, POSE 2)

you can watch the first 9 mins of it on youtube. but other then that no.

i'm a little late, but is chocolate city burning hosted anywhere on the internet?

BUY THAT SHIT

so like, you and 3 homies each grab 4 bucks and throw down, or you could get 6 friends with 2 bucks each, or 2 friends with 6 bucks.

DC Graf Awards

2. AERA KGB

On the come up! CHE partners up with this street killer for a reason.

for real. aera came off hard this year, many others too! peace to those who werent mentioned and still rock. what about exist returning as well?

final edit: ekspo deserves credit too... walkin blocks, marker tags.. debt also goes in that category.

edit: flicks for stolen

4247143208_46a742d040_b.jpg

1361828530_b2f87787bf_o.jpg

BUY THAT SHIT[/url]

so like, you and 3 homies each grab 4 bucks and throw down, or you could get 6 friends with 2 bucks each, or 2 friends with 6 bucks.

YO, 8 !!! I got $168 for you, my labelmate. Bless the kid with a bakers dozen!! and pleeeeease tell me you put my full 3 hour interview in the bonus section... hatemongers love taking a couple words out of context... they need that special ed.

Theres another historic ass hopper that has Elk, Expert and that dude Reo on it... if my history is correct he was one of the first cats writing in DC. All of those hoppers float around that midwest, I've been seeing them for at least a decade.

CLEARLY YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOUR TALKING ABOUT:lol: