Drive Like Jehu...

26SidedCube

...were a good band. All of their albums were of awesomely shitty recording quality. They always sorta struck me as a precursor to ATDI - just without any of the actual members of ATDI ...almost. Anyone listen?

How about Grade? I think their album was called 'Seperate the Magnets' (or something). A friend of mine had the record back in 96 or 97 and I wanted to steal it but never did. You should go locate a copy and give it to me. Or keep it for yourself; but if you do, you should definitely rip it to mp3 and make it public.

Braid was cool for about 1.2 albums. Then they turned butt-ass.

Remember Blanks 77? Killer Blanks was a decent album, or at least seemed like it when I was 13. I wouldn't mind hearing that again. Someone should upload and send it to me (I know one of you old fucks has it).

I never really got into TSOL or Crass. I don't know why. My bad.

Catharsis and Earthmover were great bands. So was Triphine.

Did anyone go to Michiganfest back when they had that shit? Back when +/- records was still around, Discount was the only worthwhile female-fronted band and emo didn't have a 'style' yet?

That 'Standing Outside a Broken Phonebooth with Money in my Hand' track by the Primitive Radio Gods was kind of alright. I'd have to say it's one of my favorite mid-90's one hit wonders.. which means something.

I'm rambling. Feel free to recommend bands, bring up one-hit-wonders, tell me this topic sucks, drop a mini-taco recipe or freestyle about iquit and brown silver-dollar shaped nipples. I'm getting lunch.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i keep trying to get into drive like jehu, but for some reason i cant do it.

i dj'd michiganfest in 96 or 97. hung out with the ink and dagger dudes, moving ceiling tiles above the girls bathroom, spying on girls peeing. it was funny.

Yeah. I don't think anyone (even the members of the band) intends on liking Drive Like Jehu, they're more like something you get into by proximity - and mostly by accident. Like, a friend gives you their album, you put it in, decide you don't like music that sounds like it was recorded through a tin can, toss it in the back seat and forget it about. Then seven months later you leave all your shit at someone's house and put it in as a last resort only to have that 'last resort' end up lasting upwards of three months.

96-97? Small world. Didn't those fruity fucks "The Laternjack" play that year?

no clue. i wasnt into the scene at all. didnt know any of the bands. i got roped into it simply because they wanted dj's between the bands.

one of my boys played a booty set, and some uppity ass punk rock girl came over and pulled the needle off the record cause she objected to the lyrics, and claimed there was a room full of pissed off punks ready to fuck us up if we didnt start playing more positive music. funny this is that half the hardcore kids were weekend ravers.