"Terror" Plot "Thwarted" in England

fermentor666

muslims (even terrorist ones) could care less about TV's and suv's that Americans watch and drive. The main reason for terrorism is American foreign policy. People in America think that the first strike in the war on terror was 9/11 because noboby here was paying any attention to the arab world until after 9/11. Of course, not to dis-count the maniac terrorists who perpetrate the acts of terrorism, but if the middle east wasn't jam packed with western imperialist armies forcing democracy on a people who have no desire to democratized at the end of an AK-47, in my humble opinion I beleive the terrorists would just pack up and go home.

I don't think the terrorists will stop terrorizing until they stop being terrorized, simple, because if you ask them, Bush is the biggest terrorist they've heard of, not Osama or Zarqawi so opinions are very subjective and regional.

This idea that the muslim world is jealous of America's tv's and SUV's is a farce that only the most uneducated couch potato would buy. I mean, they give away free TV's and satellite all over the muslim world in an effort to corrupt the muslim youth and give them western values.

It's a blatant ideological attack, true story. One moroccan brother told me he was so surprised to see that you actually had to pay for cable tv in America because in morocco it's free.

The american army and it's allies need to pull out of the middle east and stop supplying the jews with ammunition, then you would see a change. Until then, there will always be aggression. And it's important to take note of who the aggressors are and who produces the most weaponry as well as weapons of mass destruction.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: U.S., U.K. at odds over timing of terror arrests

ah, here we go,

We could find out that the suspects were certified chemists doing research for a prominent university and the arrests were a total mistake, but none of that matters now.

Theyv'e successfully raised suspicion levels against European and American born muslims

saying that these are the ones to watch for because they are here with us etc.

It's like when someone gets arrested for rape , then in court he gets aquitted, but people still see him as the rapist.

ideological attack...

No, I see your point... you're more on than off when you talk about the 'canned' coverage that the Bush administration demands. I mean, there were pictures of the protestors taken from the press truck but nobody was gonna take credit for them because the Bush administration would have black-balled them FOR REAL. The Admin office went so far as to actually tell them that, "You take pictures of the protestors and you'll never walk onto White House grounds while Bush is President"... still, pictures were taken.

I absolutely agree that this is the most demonic and controlling administration since EVER.

As far as these ongoing investigations go, there just isn't that much day to day... or even week to week. People are working and investigating but it's vital to the investigation that they not describe their progress for fear of paper shredders so there are often huge lags between reports. It doesn't mean the reporters aren't trying to follow what's going on.

Remember how pervasive the Lewinski scandal was, seemed like it was in the news everyday but if you really think back it was all fluff and bullshit between the days that Ken Lay actually made statements. There's a lot of 'wait and see' with stuff lke this.

I mean, let's take it away from the politcal arena for a second, think about jury trials, big murder stuff, OJ, Scott Peterson... these stories break, then basically fizzle and hump by on little tidbits and rumors until the trial starts, which is often at least a year later. Same with the DC Sniper case, I mean, when they hadn't shot someone that day they didn't make the news until it got WAY out of hand and then the arrest followed quickly. Not because of public outrage or media coverage but because they finally caught the dudes that were doing it.

A lot of what Americans seem to misunderstand these days is that 'news' isn't immediate (for all the internet and 24hr news channels want you to believe it is). Things take time, the public (by and large) isn't willing to wait and isn't willing to keep ongoing stories (investigations being a perfect example) alive in their own minds. Most people NEED to be told everyday that people are looking into this or that or the people lose interest.

I don't think this is a bad thing, the loss of interest, because it clears out a lot of the kooks and idiots. I do think it's a bad thing to color all journalists with the same brush. The people ARE out there and they ARE working hard on stories but stories need time to develop, ripen and show their fruit on their own.

Imagine if every journalist was like Casek, hear a rumor, jazz it up with a bunch of self-invented connections to stuff that only MAY have happened and throw it on the front page... Can't be good.

Have you read 'Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail'? Not saying about content or analysis but just look how long it took to produce the book itself. Hunter was also rarely at a loss for words but still, it takes time.

Not sure about the wiretapping scandal, still ongoing I guess... Plame has been 'sort of' settled but please believe there are civil suits and much more investigating to be done on that front as well but things just don't happen day to day. Someone delivers a briefing to a Judge, then it sits in a pile on his desk until he gets to it... would you want to hear the news report everyday that the briefing is STILL ON THE PILE? I mean, they could do that and the public could get all bent and the judge could be forced to bump it to the top of the pile but, who is to say that any of the other briefings in that pile are more or less important. Also, wouldn't that (making the judges rank cases by 'impotance' instead of the date they came through the door) cheapen the entire judicial process?

OK, you were ranting and now I'm rambling...

This is the greatest bit of rambling I've read in a long time.

Chertoff: No sign plotters targeted U.S.

TSA eases travel restrictions days after UK terror plot arrests

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- "Current evidence" does not show the people involved in an alleged plot to blow up airplanes planned to conduct any operations in the United States, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Sunday.

"The current evidence does not show any plotting occurring inside the United States or any plan to conduct operations within the United States," Chertoff told CNN's "Late Edition."

Chertoff's remarks came three days after police in England arrested about two dozen people allegedly involved in a plot to use liquid explosives to blow up as many as 10 passenger planes during flights from the United Kingdom to the United States.

That prompted an immediate ban on liquids and gels in carry-on luggage in the UK and U.S. that resulted in widespread flight cancellations and delays. (Watch why checking in bags may not keep planes safe -- 1:58)

On Sunday, the Transportation Security Administration exempted small doses of liquid medications, glucose gel for diabetics, solid lipstick and baby food from the list of items passengers are not allowed to take onto planes. All aerosols are prohibited.

The TSA also said it will require all passengers to remove their shoes for X-ray screening.

"These tweaks are aimed at making a smoother process at the checkpoint," TSA Assistant Secretary Kip Hawley said in a news release.

Asked about suggestions that some of the alleged plotters had telephoned people in the United States, Chertoff said, "As of now -- and of course it's subject to change -- we do not see any plotting inside the United States or any indication of operational activity by these plotters inside the United States."

Chertoff described the alleged plot as "sophisticated," but said officials have not determined whether it was the work of the al Qaeda terrorist organization responsible for the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Chertoff described as "not accurate" an Associated Press story that said "the Bush administration quietly tried to take away $6 million that was supposed to be spent this year developing new explosives detection technology."

"Lawmakers and recently retired Homeland Security officials say they are concerned the department's research and development effort is bogged down by bureaucracy, lack of strategic planning and failure to use money wisely," the report stated.

"The department failed to spend $200 million in research and development money from past years, forcing lawmakers to rescind the money this summer."

Chertoff said that, in fiscal year 2006, the federal government has spent nearly $800 million on detection research and deployment.

"There had been some discussion before this plot was discovered about moving a very small amount of that money to plug a budget shortfall in the security measures around federal buildings, but we rejected that before this plot was actually discovered," he said.

"We have tried not to simply shovel it out the door at every new technology or every new idea. And so we have not spent all the money," he said. "But it doesn't mean that the money has lapsed or that it won't be spent. ... We want to be strategic."

Chertoff also rejected an editorial in Saturday's New York Times that said the government and airline executives "have been aware of the liquid bomb threat for years, but have done little to prepare for it."

The editorial "reflects ... a lack of understanding of what we are doing," he said.

He said the department trained 38,000 screeners "in modern techniques for spotting detonators," and had run pilot projects "particularly focused on liquid explosives."

But the issue is complex, he added. Because explosives can be fashioned from common chemicals, detectors must not cast too wide a net of suspicion if they are to be useful.

"We don't want a system that has so many false positives that we have hours and hours waiting on line at the airport because we have to open every bottle and every cosmetics case," he said.

Asked why security officials had not previously stopped travelers from carrying liquids onto planes, he said details uncovered during the recent investigation led to the change.

"It was the sophisticated nature of the disguised bombs, I think, that caused us to take the step of making sure that we could protect American travelers by stopping liquids from coming on the plane, at least for a period of time," he said.

Asked whether screeners would have stopped the alleged plotters from carrying the liquids aboard planes, he told "Fox News Sunday," "It's actually unclear whether we would have or not.

"But of course, until we can ascertain that our techniques allow us to spot this kind of plot, we want to make sure we're safe rather than sorry."

And American fliers are now indeed safe, he told CBS' "Face the Nation."

"It is safe to fly. And it's safe to fly particularly because of the measures we have put into place."

Democrat: DHS 'stretched thin'

Rep. Ed Markey, a Massachusetts Democrat and a senior member of the House Homeland Security Committee, was not impressed.

In a written statement, he accused the Bush administration and the Republican-led Congress of continuing "to nickel-and-dime homeland security, while writing a blank check for the war in Iraq."

"This has left our homeland security defenses stretched thin, with not enough screeners and technology to cover the known threats," he said.

"As a result, the Bush administration seems to lurch from crisis to crisis, covering yesterday's vulnerabilities but leaving tomorrow's threats wide open to exploitation by terrorists."

Markey cited the 1994 bombing with liquid explosives of a Philippines airliner, and blamed the Department of Homeland Security and the TSA for failing to heed the warning.

More than a decade later, "Chertoff can only point to a handful of pilot programs to detect such explosives. And while he says that many TSA screeners have been retrained to catch such terrorist scenarios, he doesn't seem to know if a liquid bomb plot could be foiled by TSA or DHS."

Markey said terrorists could exploit continuing vulnerabilities, including a failure of authorities to inspect checked baggage and the fact that the names of passengers on international flights are sometimes not checked against "no-fly" lists until after planes have taken off.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/13/chertoff.airlines/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4793117.stm

and this will slip by as the public asks for the noose to be tightened..keep me safe..keep me safe..hahahaa..

and more...

The UK Terror plot: what's really going on?

Craig Murray – Craig Murray.org August 14, 2006

I have been reading very carefully through all the Sunday newspapers to try and analyse the truth from all the scores of pages claiming to detail the so-called bomb plot. Unlike the great herd of so-called security experts doing the media analysis, I have the advantage of having had the very highest security clearances myself, having done a huge amount of professional intelligence analysis, and having been inside the spin machine.

So this, I believe, is the true story.

None of the alleged terrorists had made a bomb. None had bought a plane ticket. Many did not even have passports, which given the efficiency of the UK Passport Agency would mean they couldn't be a plane bomber for quite some time.

In the absence of bombs and airline tickets, and in many cases passports, it could be pretty difficult to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt that individuals intended to go through with suicide bombings, whatever rash stuff they may have bragged in internet chat rooms.

What is more, many of those arrested had been under surveillance for over a year - like thousands of other British Muslims. And not just Muslims. Like me. Nothing from that surveillance had indicated the need for early arrests.

Then an interrogation in Pakistan revealed the details of this amazing plot to blow up multiple planes - which, rather extraordinarily, had not turned up in a year of surveillance. Of course, the interrogators of the Pakistani dictator have their ways of making people sing like canaries. As I witnessed in Uzbekistan, you can get the most extraordinary information this way. Trouble is it always tends to give the interrogators all they might want, and more, in a desperate effort to stop or avert torture. What it doesn't give is the truth.

The gentleman being "interrogated" had fled the UK after being wanted for questioning over the murder of his uncle some years ago. That might be felt to cast some doubt on his reliability. It might also be felt that factors other than political ones might be at play within these relationships. Much is also being made of large transfers of money outside the formal economy. Not in fact too unusual in the British Muslim community, but if this activity is criminal, there are many possibilities that have nothing to do with terrorism.

We then have the extraordinary question of Bush and Blair discussing the possible arrests over the weekend. Why? I think the answer to that is plain. Both in desperate domestic political trouble, they longed for "Another 9/11". The intelligence from Pakistan, however dodgy, gave them a new 9/11 they could sell to the media. The media has bought, wholesale, all the rubbish they have been shovelled.

We then have the appalling political propaganda of John Reid, Home Secretary, making a speech warning us all of the dreadful evil threatening us and complaining that "Some people don't get" the need to abandon all our traditional liberties. He then went on, according to his own propaganda machine, to stay up all night and minutely direct the arrests. There could be no clearer evidence that our Police are now just a political tool. Like all the best nasty regimes, the knock on the door came in the middle of the night, at 2.30am. Those arrested included a mother with a six week old baby.

For those who don't know, it is worth introducing Reid. A hardened Stalinist with a long term reputation for personal violence, at Stirling Univeristy he was the Communist Party's "Enforcer", (in days when the Communist Party ran Stirling University Students' Union, which it should not be forgotten was a business with a very substantial cash turnover). Reid was sent to beat up those who deviated from the Party line.

We will now never know if any of those arrested would have gone on to make a bomb or buy a plane ticket. Most of them do not fit the "Loner" profile you would expect - a tiny percentage of suicide bombers have happy marriages and young children. As they were all under surveillance, and certainly would have been on airport watch lists, there could have been little danger in letting them proceed closer to maturity - that is certainly what we would have done with the IRA.

In all of this, the one thing of which I am certain is that the timing is deeply political. This is more propaganda than plot. Of the over one thousand British Muslims arrested under anti-terrorist legislation, only twelve per cent are ever charged with anything. That is simply harrassment of Muslims on an appalling scale. Of those charged, 80% are acquitted. Most of the very few - just over two per cent of arrests - who are convicted, are not convicted of anything to do terrorism, but of some minor offence the Police happened upon while trawling through the wreck of the lives they had shattered.

wow, so could it be that me and my ufo friends were right?

i knew they loved me everytime they visited me from their underground

housing, they'd bring me little martian cookies and tell me that most

terror plots were false flags.

/end sarcasm

did they come from a place called shamballah?

no, they came from the ghetto. ghetto aliens who speak spanglish and ride lowrider bicycles.

they also enjoy kiwi's (the fruit, not new zealanders) and smoke mad blunts.

its wild. i hallucinate so many things. i'm just crazy though, no one pay any attention to me.

i don't know what the fuck i speak of.

/sarcasm off

ha, ha spanglish....I know maaad niggas who speak spanglish and walk up the block with stolen bite-marked pit-bulls.

Anyway, you better get that condition checked, bee.....

yeah, i guuss i should. check that "who are they thread" last page.

some interesting stuff from that mkultra program the cia ran.

the aliens gave me those documents and one of them made me a

tinfoil hoodie. it's to protect me from the voices and the implant.

they can control my pee pee. i know it. every time i see an asian

chick in a mini skirt, something funny happens "down there".

Terror plot suspects bugged by MI5 'sneak and peak' teams

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=400310&in_page_id=1770

Britain's Al-Qaeda leader seized

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2310645,00.html

hmmmmm

British double-agent was in Real IRA's Omagh bomb team

http://www.sundayherald.com/17827

this was on the first page but i can't belive this kid actually supported the fact that they were running the exact same excerise during the london train bombing by saying that people run training excercises to prevent and handle terrorist attacks all the time.

of course you prepare for the worst, but isn't it odd that the exact event they were preparing for occured WHILE they were preforming the excersie

the evidence for 9/11 is there in black and white, it isn't just one guy supporting it, there is a entire group of scholors, who for the most part work for independent agencies, or universities. i'd like to see some of you pull out some information of value to support your arguements from other independent agencies, other then the ones that are connected and or benefit from our goverment directly.

this terror plot was a joke, let's see how long it takes for each "suspect" to get released for no evidence. this constantly happens with our media, when the story is hot its hammered down our throats with alot of vauge information that proves nothing, but then when the chargers are actually pressed, and the case actually makes it to trial the charges are usually dropped, and this recieves no air time.

muslims (even terrorist ones) could care less about TV's and suv's that Americans watch and drive. The main reason for terrorism is American foreign policy. People in America think that the first strike in the war on terror was 9/11 because noboby here was paying any attention to the arab world until after 9/11. Of course, not to dis-count the maniac terrorists who perpetrate the acts of terrorism, but if the middle east wasn't jam packed with western imperialist armies forcing democracy on a people who have no desire to democratized at the end of an AK-47, in my humble opinion I beleive the terrorists would just pack up and go home.

I don't think the terrorists will stop terrorizing until they stop being terrorized, simple, because if you ask them, Bush is the biggest terrorist they've heard of, not Osama or Zarqawi so opinions are very subjective and regional.

This idea that the muslim world is jealous of America's tv's and SUV's is a farce that only the most uneducated couch potato would buy. I mean, they give away free TV's and satellite all over the muslim world in an effort to corrupt the muslim youth and give them western values.

It's a blatant ideological attack, true story. One moroccan brother told me he was so surprised to see that you actually had to pay for cable tv in America because in morocco it's free.

The american army and it's allies need to pull out of the middle east and stop supplying the jews with ammunition, then you would see a change. Until then, there will always be aggression. And it's important to take note of who the aggressors are and who produces the most weaponry as well as weapons of mass destruction.

Well said, and I must add that when I talk to people that are from the middle east, that they have a firm grasp of history, at least compared to your average American. Part of the reason that the current situation sucks for them is that the middle east was once the center of the longest lasting and greatest empire the world has ever known, the Ottoman Empire. To see them defeated by the West, and the fact that the West has passed up the Islamic world in technology and power has been humilating. The people that live in the Islamic world want to be on top again, and that's why they're mad, they are sick of being exploited.

dude, don't start gloating..

haha, larry. i'm not gloating. i'm just curious. i know when i've been wrong.

i'm usually the first to admit it. ala: mel gibson being charged under the

patriot act. i was wrong, it was a hoax. i said it twice. once when mamerro asked me in here, and once in channel zero. (i'm starting to think chan 0 is full of lunkheads)

well i didn't really participate in this thread, and honestly, i've been a little too busy to stay up on the subsequent developments....sooo..

apologize dammit!

j/k

back to the seriousness:

if you watch this stuff, and watch how people react,

you can see the patterns. when there needs to be a distraction,

there usually is. that's how you can tell. bush's ratings plumet,

the liberty city 7. a bunch of retarded, pot smoking rastafarians.

never been to chicago (except one, right? evarlier in his life),

offered $50,000 by an FBI "informant". hmm. the canadians,

which happened beforehand. more retards who couldn't plan

wiping their asses succesfully. offered money and explosives

by canuck intelligence....now, these guys. no passports (couldn't

get out fo the country if they wanted to), no money, buying cakes

and shopping before they go blow up some airliners....did i mention no plane

tickets? no explosives, either. haha. suckers. and it's been admitted that

mi-5 wanted to bust them a week after they pulled this off.

"we found another leg, sir! it's dark skinned!" "arrest it!" "leg, you're going to have to come with us, now."

I still say that Bin Laden is still on the CIA payroll to keep the war on terror rolling properly and keep the sheep terrified so the wolf can devour the rest of the resources and livestock.

oops, slightly off topic

thats another story.

I still say that Bin Laden is still on the CIA payroll to keep the war on terror rolling properly and keep the sheep terrified so the wolf can devour the rest of the resources and livestock.

oops, slightly off topic

thats another story.

you're correct, sir. even these "terrorists" say that september 11th was an inside job. it's all for our benefit. like a giant twisted play. everyone that we

see on the news, all these leaders, world and otherwise, have their roles.

some slip up. some keep their poker faces on.

watch for it.

okay casek, i asked you once before to show me something solid that bin laden is a CIA asset. and by asset i mean 'on the payroll'. i saw another time recently you said bin laden was 'trained' in america....another thing i'd like to see something substantial on.

i agree that the mujahadeen were indirectly funded/supported/trained by the CIA through ISI, but beyond that i'm pretty sure these assertions are conjecture and a wide misconception among the conspiracy set. but as i said before, i'm completely open to some new, reliable info.

"If Bush catches or kills his buddy Osama.

Then Osama's friends have threatened to expose documents and evidence that proves Bush was behind the 9/11 attacks such as the fact that all 19 alleged terrorists were trained by the U.S. Government at a place called the "School of the America's" down south here in the U.S.A..

School of the America's

United States Army School of the Americas ,Fort Benning in Columbus, Ga.

http://www.carlisle.army.mil/usamhi/usarsa/main.htm

Check CBS 60 minutes report from the 80's and their follow up report in early 90's.

See the place first hand for yourselves.

CBS had some real good footage.

School currently has a sister camp/training compound in Texas which is also run by the CIA."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2006/02/bush_visits_bin_laden_country.html

dude, once again i ask you to provide something specifically related and you give me some shit that doesn't confirm anything related to what i asked you. so how does this specifically confirm bin laden was 'trained in america'?? and you forgot to attribute the quote you started your post off with, and then followed up with nothing that has the quote in it, unless those are your own words.

also, there seems to be a discrepancy with the conspiracy set about the alleged hijackers still being alive. your quote states that all of them were trained by the US at SOA(link pleasssse), yet by other accounts, many of them are still alive and had nothing to do with 9/11.

aside from that, my understanding of school of the americas is that it is for operations specifically in...the 'americas', namely central/south.

for the record, When I say Bin laden is down with the Us Govt., I'm not stating this as fact. I'm merely throwing this out there as a possibility. I have no links, no articles or govt. documents linking Bin laden to the cia Although it was common knowledge that the US was using Al Qaida to fight the russians in the 80's and called them freedom fighters.

Archived