JA.ONE XTCREW

bookmark

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
why fuck ja? ja keeps graff going in newyork thats some disrespect right there, so what if he doesnt really burn walls, hes a graffiti bomber

disrespect?!?? get the fuck outta here you pussy you dont know anything about bombing..for how ever long "ja" has been "bombing" he should know that you dont go to another state to diss one of the biggest pieces ever. i give him respect for his some what of a legacy..buuut dont come on here to tell me shit cause i know who you're bitch is and i know where to find you. and ive been in this game a hell of alot longer then you.

and you right he doesnt burn walls but he some how can still burn you.:D

i never said graffiti was hip-hop, actually read what was said.

i said NYC spawned the hip-hop culture. i said graffiti has been around since forever.

and if you want to get ignorant i will too, fuck you fuck philly, ny is where it's at and where it will always be at, get back in the back seat and shut the fuck up.

Graffiti (tagging/bombing/writing your alias all over the place for rep) started in Philly you dumb shit.

disrespect?!?? get the fuck outta here you pussy you dont know anything about bombing..for how ever long "ja" has been "bombing" he should know that you dont go to another state to diss one of the biggest pieces ever. i give him respect for his some what of a legacy..buuut dont come on here to tell me shit cause i know who you're bitch is and i know where to find you. and ive been in this game a hell of alot longer then you.

and you right he doesnt burn walls but he some how can still burn you.:D

unless you burn the same spot with the same shit

I can respect him for bein up, and hittin the crazy spots he does... but when it comes to talent... I mean, the dudes got the same handstyle hes ever had, the same throw after many years... very consistent, but not very talented.

you cannot improve on perfection.

better to have one handstyle with mad style, consistency, legibility, and all the clout that commands than to have ten wack handstyles with only a few examples of each ever executed.

mad respect for JA.

don't like JA? don't respect what he does? then you dont belong on a forum devoted to graffiti.

I can respect him for bein up, and hittin the crazy spots he does... but when it comes to talent... I mean, the dudes got the same handstyle hes ever had, the same throw after many years... very consistent, but not very talented.

and your completely missing the point :nope:

if it don't fuckin matter then why you take the time to comment? look at this nerd talking about rome. yea and if we go waaaay back cavemen wrote on walls too!

this has nothing to do with hip hop culture. regardless what YOU say, graffiti as we know it originated in PHILLY. whatever ny heads did with it from there is appendix. that book of history was WRITTEN in PHILLY.

end of story

sorry to chime in late on this late but this kid is right to a large degree. the hip hop thing should not be involved, but what the early philladelphians did was different from any graffiti that predated it (hobo graffiti s an exception to this). thats why when you read a lot of phase2's work he detests the use of the word 'graffiti'. this shit that we do is new (relatively speaking) simply because it is not done for the same reason pre-historic graffiti was done. Thoth/Tihuti (the egyptian scribe of the gods who supposedly authored much of the hyroglyphics) was not getting his name up - know what i mean. its bogus when what we do (Writing-with a capital W because it is a culture) is lumped together with pre-historic graffiti...its like comparing apples and hamburgers....just not the same. sorry if someone already said this. and yes, no matter how much new yorkers want to take credit for giving birth to Writing, it was born in philly - and thats not to say the early ny writers were influenced by early philly writers - but philly was first <- actual facts. but if it wasnt for new york writers, the shit definetly wouldnt be world wide to the point that it is today....another fact.

sorry to chime in late on this late but this kid is right to a large degree. the hip hop thing should not be involved, but what the early philladelphians did was different from any graffiti that predated it (hobo graffiti s an exception to this). thats why when you read a lot of phase2's work he detests the use of the word 'graffiti'. this shit that we do is new (relatively speaking) simply because it is not done for the same reason pre-historic graffiti was done. Thoth/Tihuti (the egyptian scribe of the gods who supposedly authored much of the hyroglyphics) was not getting his name up - know what i mean. its bogus when what we do (Writing-with a capital W because it is a culture) is lumped together with pre-historic graffiti...its like comparing apples and hamburgers....just not the same. sorry if someone already said this. and yes, no matter how much new yorkers want to take credit for giving birth to Writing, it was born in philly - and thats not to say the early ny writers were influenced by early philly writers - but philly was first <- actual facts. but if it wasnt for new york writers, the shit definetly wouldnt be world wide to the point that it is today....another fact.

first a disclaimer: i'm not SIK. i don't know SIK. i don't care to know SIK- though i give him props for the work he's put in

MooseKnuckles- i appreciate your somewhat more "objective" approach much more than ILOTSMYBRAIN's obvious flamebait, but if we're gonna stick to the facts, then PLEEEZE stick to the facts:

a) "yes, no matter how much new yorkers want to take credit for giving birth to Writing, it was born in philly - and thats not to say the early ny writers were influenced by early philly writers - but philly was first <- actual facts"

so your saying that philly was first, but that NY writers somehow discovered it completely independently, drawing on nothing but LOCAL influences. right.

b) "but if it wasnt for new york writers, the shit definetly wouldnt be world wide to the point that it is today....another fact."

actually, this is NOT a fact, but another biased opinion. what do you have a crystal ball or something that's able to see alternative visions of the future? it's impossible for you to imagine something like writing having a global impact without "new york writers" having something to do with it? c'mon, let go of your ego, man.

ok. so once more for all the pupils. sticking to the FACTS, we have established that:

a) writing as we know it started in philly

b) a bunch of other places picked it up (NY being ONE of them) and NOW it can be found worldwide. and

c) NY writers will take no shorts perpertrating any twist of logic (no matter how ridiculous) to obscure these facts, just to claim some piece of the glory for their own.

why is it soooooo hard for NY writers to just accept that writing started in philly? y'all should just be proud to be a part of this unstoppable tradition of destruction that just happened to originate in philadelphia. quit crying, accept it and move on.

DSCN0037.jpg