marlboro country (virginia)

promnight

so your all about vandalism them? , graff writers usallaly start in the streets , then progress into something that keeps them out of trouble , makes them money instead of costing..... logos , airbrush, design , tattooing , flash something to pay bills ......... for some it turn into a trade/a way of paying bills

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
no offense to anyone on here unless its hits your heart , and in that case i then mean you......

im tired of all the art bashing , cardboard , plywood , canvas , hell even graff on spraycans. i mean i guess there is a rule that states if you do graff on anything besides trains or concrete then its WACK ...

what about putting your shit on a sticker and then sticking it up ,, you didint tag the soda machine , you just stuck a sticker on the mutherfucker , why not just stick a roxey sticker next to your shit. in closing

FUCK YALL CLICKETY MUTHERFUCKERS , IF YOUR SHIT IS NICE ill respect the artwork even if your a BALLBAG............................

nah if this is directed at me, that isn't what I was saying. Graff always is evolving. Started in the streets and trains, evolved into buses, walls, canvasses, even into everyday adverstising you see daily on the tube. The question is always going to be there as far as what is graf to be considered. When I was doing streets, that was graf, subways was graf and even to this day fr8's are graf. Canvas painters consider thier form graf as do people that put up stickers, moniker streaks etc. The beauty of this mistress called graffiti is that it has and always will evolve with the times-whether considered an art form or vandalism or whatever.

I have kept myself in this world for over 22 years and am amazed at how much things have changed and remained the same all at the same time.

no offense to anyone on here unless its hits your heart , and in that case i then mean you......

im tired of all the art bashing , cardboard , plywood , canvas , hell even graff on spraycans. i mean i guess there is a rule that states if you do graff on anything besides trains or concrete then its WACK ...

what about putting your shit on a sticker and then sticking it up ,, you didint tag the soda machine , you just stuck a sticker on the mutherfucker , why not just stick a roxey sticker next to your shit. in closing

FUCK YALL CLICKETY MUTHERFUCKERS , IF YOUR SHIT IS NICE ill respect the artwork even if your a BALLBAG............................

I AGREE 100%! BUMP WHAT THIS GUY SAID!!!

I AGREE 100%! BUMP WHAT THIS GUY SAID!!!

How old are you?

It's a serious question.

Another question...

Would you call a guy with licensed gun, who has never fired it on

anyone or used it aggressively, dresses like a thug, talks like a

thug, drives a thuggish car, but has never broke the law before...

Would you call him a Gangster?

Fuck no.

So why call someone that doesn't do illegal work a graffiti writer?

Graffiti is illegal.

Art is not.

You can do both, but your only a graffiti writer if you are doing

it illegally and doing it for free. Otherwise you are an ARTIST.

What's so bad about being an Artist anyway. You will never get

the respect you want... Until you earn it.

The way I see it is you came to this website to look at graffiti, they divided things up... and whatever thats convenient I guess. I want to see Virginia graffiti so I came here. now obviously people are taking things a bit to seriously when they start telling people where to put their freights. if you ask me i wouldn't care if someone threw in a dope blackbook piece in between some pictures. If I don't like it I'd scroll past it just like the googleoner banner shit.

Arguing if legal work is graffiti is what ever it probably looks good, at least id hope so for the wall owners sake. Shit if I we had a legal wall in richmond the art students would go crazy, but thats a different story. I'd go as far to say that it promotes graffiti and brings new bullshit to whats going on.

graffiti isn't supposed to be so political. all this everyone knows everyone shit is kinda scary. I don't give a fuck what you do to laugh, joke, kid around and enjoy it. I hope you all get over but thats it. I'm on this site because i like to see whats going on, like someone said earlier this isn't new york. I can't get enough graffiti in these streets, legal or not. you know some people look at legal walls and think they were illegal. rewind your mind and imagine that bullshit was true

Unfortunately I don't live in a la la land.

I have respect for the respectable and I fucking hate

bullshit Art Fags, and their need to be called Graffiti Artists.

I'm on here because I am stuck at work, and not you or anyone

else, other than a mod, can stop me. But will say that all this talk

is no good for this thread, and that I totally welcome...

I totally welcome legal walls, bridge pieces, canvases, and paint pens on titties,

just as much as I do freights(post them here please), illegal work, and general

discussion on this thread. I will however make sure to have flicks on my next

post in here. If you want to discuss this stuff, lets do it on pm, or open a

discussion thread or something. Because kids need the flicks... and I do too.