mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
sprung seats on suspended bikes are retarded.

those are two such drastically different bikes, theres no real comparison.

go with a dyna. affordability of a sporty, for $5 less than the cross bones.

yeah, both of us dislike the rear suspension. which every dyna has, which kept us from considering them (if you gonna pay that extra few grand might as well get the kind of frame you want) so dynas are out of the question.

we were looking at this also, but the exhaust and wheels would get replaced the second it went into my possession.

2010-fat-boy-lo.jpg&sa=X&ei=z2AUTMz8E8H-8AaE_J39CQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Ag&usg=AFQjCNGmL_KFAx8H90LOOXpcOH5IlV9Kdw

but then again, they had a custom built belt drive, huge rake, low as all hell, 5k miles 08 chopper for 15 grand out front. so he might just end up getting that one.

and on the sportster tip, he rode a sportster for 11 years and the only reason why he got rid of it is because he was offered more then the buying price on a trade in at a dealership. so i guess hes got a thing for sportsters. or in other words, not the grudge triple has haha

Edit: that shits all over the place. basically, what harley davidson should we buy? cant be a touring (or garbage wagon in the words of my father), cant be one of the racetrack models, cant (but its forgiveable) have rear suspension, must have electric start (hes old, remember), cant have a shitload of chrome (salt air), shouldnt have that side mounted exterior air filter nonsense, solo seat preferred, belt drive preferred and cant cost over 17k

yeah, both of us dislike the rear suspension. which every dyna has, which kept us from considering them (if you gonna pay that extra few grand might as well get the kind of frame you want) so dynas are out of the question.

we were looking at this also, but the exhaust and wheels would get replaced the second it went into my possession.

2010-fat-boy-lo.jpg&sa=X&ei=z2AUTMz8E8H-8AaE_J39CQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Ag&usg=AFQjCNGmL_KFAx8H90LOOXpcOH5IlV9Kdw

but then again, they had a custom built belt drive, huge rake, low as all hell, 5k miles 08 chopper for 15 grand out front. so he might just end up getting that one.

and on the sportster tip, he rode a sportster for 11 years and the only reason why he got rid of it is because he was offered more then the buying price on a trade in at a dealership. so i guess hes got a thing for sportsters. or in other words, not the grudge triple has haha

Edit: that shits all over the place. basically, what harley davidson should we buy? cant be a touring (or garbage wagon in the words of my father), cant be one of the racetrack models, cant (but its forgiveable) have rear suspension, must have electric start (hes old, remember), cant have a shitload of chrome (salt air), shouldnt have that side mounted exterior air filter nonsense, solo seat preferred, belt drive preferred and cant cost over 17k

not really a grudge, just comes from upbringing. wheres the plastic on the crossbones you speak of? seat and alot of other things can be changed out. buddies got one and change alot of things. still lokks the same but with his style to it. all harleys have "that side mounted exterior air filter nonsense" you speak of, again it can be replaced w/ aftermkt. seat can also go aftermkt. have him look at a night train. might be what he's after. yeah i have a 2006 dyna lowrider w/ adjustable rear suspension

good luck and ride safe, ride fast

by air filter nonsense i meant these things

63-1122P.jpg&sa=X&ei=LhoVTOa9JoKC8gau1rWdDA&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Ag&usg=AFQjCNGdwgfTbuBIQvwqwLaNureSYvLO5g

fuckin hate em.

and the plastic on the crossbones is under the seat and on the frame end of the rear wheel, those are the most noticeable.

and now after one night hes got it supposedly narrowed down between the sportster forty eight and the bike i posted above haha

i dont get it.... it cant have rear suspension, but the choice is between a sporty and a softail?

sporties all have rear shocks. your logic is illogical.

48 is a giant waste of money btw. get a nightster and a tank from lowbrow and save $4k.

or get a used nighttrain and just be done with it.

better yet, get a kawasaki vulcan. same look for literally $10k less.

its not all my reasoning, mostly my dads. and my dad is that kind of rider who would rather be caught dead then ride anything other then a harley.

sporties are only up for consideration because hes ridden one for 11 years and loved it and they are cheap.

HEY GUY.

Get on craigs and pull a used sporty for 3 to 5 g's.

test ride.

strip the crap

ride it.

it seems like hes going to do the chopper type thing

and that crossbones is soooo tacky.

pls dont

Its such a trendy piece of shit thing to say girls bike about sportsters.

That cross bones is disgusting to look at.

Poser style spring seat on a softail?????

Blasphemy.

I feel bad for the poor old softail sometimes but it corners like a piece and has been played by every fat lazy ass out there.

If its EFI get fucked.

umm im not sure whether to say fuck you or thank you?

but the bikes not for me, bikes for my dad whos been riding harleys longer then youve been alive. and yes, i say that very confidently.

and we looked at craigslist, dealership is just easier i guess. id have no problem buying a used bike from craigslist but my dad got burnt the first time he ever bought anything on the internet so now he has some grudge against everything online.

ya if he had an iron head and loved it, which is an AMAZING BIKE, hell love the sporty.

get a sporty. gonna look like a goon on the other. i saw a cross bones had some cutesy lil skull sticker on it???? jeez harley.

those spring on the seat do nothing. its to give the look of a rigid. lame.

stripped sportys look great man.

the other handles like a pile . trust i dumped a softail cuz of it. I took it to the city and hated it splitting lanes and cornering. dumped it on a windy dirt rode too. one of my first bikes.

BUT ALL SHIT ASIDE

if you like the bike, your get your gonna wanna mod it later.

it just happends.

but softails are a bitch to fuck with cuz there just a bunch of bolt on expensive crap.

options are limited on softys. plus resale is HORRIBLE!!!!

if you find you hate it try and sell see how much the stealership wants for it it is truely staggering.

that look will eventually look played just like the nightster. its gimicky

there are so many diy guys with sportster add on parts for CHEEEEAAAP>

check a few. 70motoblog

quad cam bastards great great great site tons of diy info

rocks chops blogs got bars

church of choppers

wen it comes down to it you wanna get a non efi bike cus that electircal alone is a bitch.

carburated bikes are easier to work on

and sportsters are easy with the manual to figure and mod.

oh ya,

belt driven means no wheelies bro.

and softail suspension is KNOWN for being shit for handling.

so when you said dynas were out i was baffled. grab some progressive shocks and see the dif.

dynas will out manuver a softy any day.

I got the scars to prove.

This dude who tatted me always said dynas were a mans bike everytime i had my softal around.

i never got it until i grew out of novice cruiser mode.

i was on some twistys or splitting or racing cars or other bikes and that first ride i got it it was like nite and day.

the CL sporty was the best bike ive owned hands down.

screw yr old man. go get one buddy!

then try pullover tags on the freeway

c u down the road and good luck.

• Like 2

yeah that gay little sticker was going to be the first thing to go if e settled on the crossbones. but now the crossbones is out for consideration, the front end on it still looks good as hell, grey headlight with chrome springer looks damn good.

we talked to a neighbor who has a 883 iron sportster with a few mods (new buckhorns, custom paint, small stuff like that) and he said the same thing about aftermarket parts. said it was like the civic of motorcycles.

and regarding the efi business, we had to re do the entire electrical system on a 83 cabrio so anything that makes electrical work more complicated is a big no-no, im fairly positive i would turn down a brand new non carb bike.

thanks for those sites, both me and my father have always modified everything weve payed for when it comes to transportation and im sure this bike will aplly.

HEY GUY.

Get on craigs and pull a used sporty for 3 to 5 g's.

test ride.

strip the crap

ride it.

it seems like hes going to do the chopper type thing

and that crossbones is soooo tacky.

pls dont

Its such a trendy piece of shit thing to say girls bike about sportsters.

That cross bones is disgusting to look at.

Poser style spring seat on a softail?????

Blasphemy.

I feel bad for the poor old softail sometimes but it corners like a piece and has been played by every fat lazy ass out there.

If its EFI get fucked.

you must be a girl or own a sporty.

a sporty is a bike for beginners or people who are looikn for a bike on a budget. now they arent even that low cost. i have no problem with the older versions from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. but now every dick has the sons of anarchy syndrome and wants to be a biker. efi and its fucked, please hd has come a long way from whta they used to be and efi is great. for your info im ridin a 2006 dyna lowrider. now hop on your vespa and put away

oh ya,

belt driven means no wheelies bro.

and softail suspension is KNOWN for being shit for handling.

so when you said dynas were out i was baffled. grab some progressive shocks and see the dif.

dynas will out manuver a softy any day.

I got the scars to prove.

This dude who tatted me always said dynas were a mans bike everytime i had my softal around.

i never got it until i grew out of novice cruiser mode.

i was on some twistys or splitting or racing cars or other bikes and that first ride i got it it was like nite and day.

the CL sporty was the best bike ive owned hands down.

screw yr old man. go get one buddy!

then try pullover tags on the freeway

c u down the road and good luck.

really ""bro""

1. That spring seat is on a hard tail.

2. The belt drive is the last thing to break on that harley if you wheelie it. Your face is likely the first.

3. Nobody should pay 5gs for a sporty. 3500 for an evo in good stock condit. Less for everything else.

4. Softtail refers to having a rear suspension. How the fuck are you gonna say a softtail handles worse than a hard tail? Rhetorical. Dont speak.

Acer, you need to go ride those bikes. Dont worry so much about looks. Find one that handles the way you want. Also, nobody on 12oz can help you pick between those harleys. Nobody.

Also

14m40ea.jpg

2w7qv5d.jpg

33djgye.jpg

Vespa and sons of anarchy?

dyna lowrider?

what a fag!

have harley change yr oil for me too:p :p :p :p

and um good luck with that leather vest and pbr.

SOUP

no one mentioned hardtails vs. softails.. read again.

and thats a cross bones with a spring seat... soooo

where were you going w that? READ AGAIN

have church of choppers vouch for you, cuz i couldnt tell from your pic...

face down ass up is the way you ride huh?

Its way more accounts than that u should know that.

triplesuplex

You have a new bike.

you just ran over 3 decades of different style ironheads like you knew what you were saying.

nice try. belts snap on a juiced sporty everyone knows that.

you know nothing about older harleys.

but you will be the only graff hipster on a dyna low, so thats nice.

tell yr dad i said hes late on the next payment.

and learn how to turn a wrench.

okay i think all of you are a little mistaken on something, this bike is not for me. it MIGHT be mine in a few years if for whatever reason my dad gets fed up with it. which i doubt will happen as he rode a sporty for 11 years. the only reason why he got rid of it was he was offered more then he payed for it.

neither me nor my father will be riding this on long rides, so in that respect, i think looks count more then feel.

he wants a 2010 from the dealership because:

A) he knows quite a few people from the dealership

B) hed rather make payments to the dealership then payments on a loan from the credit union

C) He wants a warranty incase we fuck something up on the bike

D) hes bought a used bike from craigslist before and in a few months of bar hopping with it he found out that it was stolen, the seller was knowhere to be found after that and he narrowly avoided a bit of legal trouble with that

and on a semi related note, there was a sportster iron 883 in our neighborhood that we had seen a few times, i swore it was a belt driven and he said it couldnt be because the "chain" was on the right side of the bike and belts are only on the left (according to him) well when we walked up to it, sure enough it was belt driven and on the right. it was also a real skinny belt that looked exactly like a chain, with the chainguard and everything. Explain this?

yall need to chill the fuck out, dont post pics of jap bikes for whatever reason you did, stop talking shit, stop talking like its me buying this bike (if it was id be riding that 883 iron sportster with a chopped exhaust and springer front end, for starters), stop telling me to consider bikes from craigslist (we are broke but not THAT broke)

Really? You dont know why I posted pictures of a sport bike? How bout you read the last 90 pages of this thread and tell me what you think this thread's about. In this thread we generally look over bike flicks, swap a few stories and that's that. I just posted those to keep this thread moving and not spiral into some argument about two harleys none of us give two shits about. No offense. I just mean we're not very good/care much for writing up consumer reports. We've all said our piece already. You clearly didnt like what we had to say, so stop getting Umad and fall the fuck back.

Moral of this story is, think to google before you ask because text is nowhere near as purdy as flicks.

• Like 1

:lol:

soup, you seem to be the one whos all "umad"... im just trying to clear some misscommunications up

and excuse me for thinking those pics were directed at me when all the text in your post was referring to things i had said and or posted.

and since when are harleys not motorbikes? or do people in europe and asia say motorbike with an elongated m?

i was looking for advice that would convince my dad on what bike to buy, hes been trying to make his damn mind up for almost a month. and i dont think he realizes a dealership is going to have what hes looking for in a harley.. but thats beside the point.

and yeah, im only 18... i dont even have the money to afford a new bicycle, let alone a damn harley.

Vespa and sons of anarchy?

dyna lowrider?

what a fag!

have harley change yr oil for me too:p :p :p :p

and um good luck with that leather vest and pbr.

SOUP

no one mentioned hardtails vs. softails.. read again.

and thats a cross bones with a spring seat... soooo

where were you going w that? READ AGAIN

have church of choppers vouch for you, cuz i couldnt tell from your pic...

face down ass up is the way you ride huh?

ummmmm yeah i change my own shit, and yes i wear a leather vest with a support your local BIG RED MACHINE and MCANSG PATCHES. pbr is for hipsters. you or your b-friend just said that dynas were the shit. so get right with yourself.

Its way more accounts than that u should know that.

triplesuplex

You have a new bike.

you just ran over 3 decades of different style ironheads like you knew what you were saying.

nice try. belts snap on a juiced sporty everyone knows that.

you know nothing about older harleys.

but you will be the only graff hipster on a dyna low, so thats nice.

tell yr dad i said hes late on the next payment.

and learn how to turn a wrench.

i kmow nada about old skool hd's. ummmmmm ok you dont know me nor shit about me. brought up and raised in that environment, yes old skool graff head and no a 37y r old grown man, who knows how to ride. just cause i got a newer model dont mean i dont know my shit, silly ass mark

suplex, we get it man you don't like sportsters. That doesn't mean you have to bad mouth them every chance you get. What about smaller riders or dudes who are into the bobber striped down look. At least its not a dumb FL that you see 80% of these fucking donkeys on these days.