<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

hey for the viewers what the hell do you want to see posted here add yer comments

What Do You Want To See Here

Computer Graphics

Computer Hardware

Computer Security

Computers

Cyberculture

Databases

Embedded Systems

Encryption

Firefox

Hacking

IT

Instant Messaging

Internet

Internet Tools

Java

Linux/Unix

MacOS

Mobile Computing

Multimedia

Network Security

Online Games

Open Source

Operating systems

P2P

PHP

Peripheral Devices

Perl

Programming

Shareware

Software

Supercomputing

Video Games

Web Development

Webhosting

Weblogs

Windows

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

While I'll admit that I have not yet tried to directly connect to the modem...

I am 95 percent sure that my problem lies within the router.

Cause sometimes it works well, then it goes to shit.

And its when I unplug and replug the router I experience the differences, I feel like if it was the modem then there would be no change in service.

YO I NEED HELP

whenever i leave my computer or put it on standby, and come back to it the screen is on but totally black. theres no way to "wake" it up. it usually just goes into the screensaver but even thats not working

is it my moniter frying on me??

if i leave it on for like over an hour, it starts to dim on me, then just goes black

if i turn off and turn on the moniter again, the picture reappears perfectly, but then goes straight to black again after 3 or 4 seconds

i turned off the computer, let it sit for 10, and turned it back on and its perfect now as i type this

what the hells going on?

Guest R@ndomH3ro

if i leave it on for like over an hour, it starts to dim on me, then just goes black

if i turn off and turn on the moniter again, the picture reappears perfectly, but then goes straight to black again after 3 or 4 seconds

i turned off the computer, let it sit for 10, and turned it back on and its perfect now as i type this

what the hells going on?

Ghosts man!!! Get out of the house while you can.

:shook: :shook:

what the hells going on?

I'm finding a similar problem on a customer's compaq computer which is moderately/heavily infected with spyware. After a few minutes on the Internet the Sony LCD goes blank, seemingly because the backlight goes off.

This is not Hardware related because it ONLY happens when connected to the Internet. The monitor can be manually turned off and on again and the problem vanishes... for about three minutes.

Conclusion: Some spyware or virus out there is playing silly buggers with monitors.

well i ran a spyware check and my moniters still crashing out on me

my comp is always connected to the LAN network here

is there a way if i can find out its my video card? im runnin windows XP on a 9month old Emachines computer with a flat screen MAG inovations moniter...not the best shit but what the hell!!!!

yeah download this and run it

make sure all the colors and shit come in it will test the lines and colors this is your graphics card if the colors are messed up

if its just dimming its the monitor backlight (if thats the issue) never open the monitor and try to fix it or anything like that it will kill you) and its cheaper to buy a new one then it is to take it to a repair shop

http://www11.megaupload.com/files/f6e5f65f0bb64afeb81ae76dc0f5a222/testm-e.zip

yea the screen dims at first for lke 15 seconds, then goes black. turn it off, turn it on, and it will regain perfect picture for like 5 seconds.

i dont think anything can be wrong with my graphics card, but since this moniter seems like a cheap brand i might just replace it