<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

haha. don't ask for advice when casek is drinking.

haha u drunk 2?

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

hey for the viewers what the hell do you want to see posted here add yer comments

What Do You Want To See Here

Computer Graphics

Computer Hardware

Computer Security

Computers

Cyberculture

Databases

Embedded Systems

Encryption

Firefox

Hacking

IT

Instant Messaging

Internet

Internet Tools

Java

Linux/Unix

MacOS

Mobile Computing

Multimedia

Network Security

Online Games

Open Source

Operating systems

P2P

PHP

Peripheral Devices

Perl

Programming

Shareware

Software

Supercomputing

Video Games

Web Development

Webhosting

Weblogs

Windows

Another ?

Why does my router lose connection every 5 seconds?

Thanks.

i've had this problem before...

i updated the firmware and all the updates available.... but it still dropped

i unplugged everything, repluged, and did that dance for a while, and still no avail...

i called my cable company, they said they were getting a good output signal, but the input signal was fucked up... hence call ur cable company/dsl comp and see what they say....

they said everything should be fine, but it wasn't, so i told them do something about it... so they sent out a cable guy, and found out my router was fucked up... and since it was their fault and not mine (as in wiring, the router, etc)... they would give me another modem for free...now i don't have problems...

ALSO: unplug ur connection from ur router (assuming u ahve one) and just plug straight from the cable outlet---> modem---> your computer... if it's still dropping, it's the modem..

Thanks sarcasm

It works fine directly from the modem.

But I have 2 different wireless routers and they both do the same shit.

Comcast says they aren't responsible because it is a 3rd party product.

But if I wanted to get a wireless router from them, then there would be viable tech support...

Thanks sarcasm

It works fine directly from the modem.

But I have 2 different wireless routers and they both do the same shit.

Comcast says they aren't responsible because it is a 3rd party product.

But if I wanted to get a wireless router from them, then there would be viable tech support...

theennnnnnnnn, i dunno :rolleyes:

i'm gettin a laptop saturday, whats a good wireless router to get for my cable.

i've been looking online and tryin to read up a little, are LinkSys good?

not tryin to spend a ton on it, but don't want a piece of shit.

the laptop is mac so it will be an airport card if that makes any difference.

what ya'll think.... supposedly the new macbook (13.3" core duo) *note the sans 'pro'* is comming out on tuesday..

im thinking about selling my powerbook in exchange for one of those

good idea?

im thinking i can get at least 1300 for my pb... i dunno

i'm gettin a 15" macbook pro on saturday.

all the reviews i have read are great, the only shortcomings are not all models have a firewire 800 port, only expandable to 2GB memory, and some other stuff.

when the first batch of macbook pro's came out they were buggy but have gotten better now.

so i'd think the 13" won't take long to get stable.

my windows updates are NOT installing...and this windows defender program is acting wierd...is this caused by the new IE I downloaded?

sense IE 7.0 is still in BETA you can uninstall it unless you did something stupid like i did and fuckin delete the IE hotfix uninstaller

but yeah start with the source thats when problems began is when you downloaded IE 7 ,beta is for testers to fuck around with not regular users so uninstall IE 7 go back to 6 for now install firefox /opera/flock any of them and if you like IE so much i really feel sorry for you haha

Apple is working hard on its "Pre-N" 802.11n-based wireless products, with "Multiple-In, Multiple-Out" (MIMO) technology employing 3x2, 3x3 (200-400Mbps theoretical, 100-200Mbps real-world) and 4x4 (600Mbps theoretical, 400Mbps+ real-world with future 802.11n enhancements) antenna arrays on both client and router. AirPort Extreme X2 will hit the market this summer, with AE-X4 shipping by Macworld San Francisco in January 2007.

This is part of a general networking revamp at Apple, which will include its Xserve line and the introduction of more than a dozen new wired & wireless networking products in the next 6-8 months. The faster wireless standards, in particular, will enable the next generation of AirPort-enabled portable devices from the iPod to iPhone, iTablet and beyond. Much more about all of this in the days ahead!

Interestingly, Apple has already begun shipping Airport Extreme products in some of its Intel products that silently support significantly higher 802.11n data rates of 108, 118, 144 and even 200Mbps depending on what "Pre-N" router they are connected to. While this isn't the full "Extreme X2" standard as it will be heralded when the router-end products begin to ship and the entire Mac family begins to include the full standard with up to 200Mbps of real-world wireless bandwidth and dedicated connections for each client (a "virtual wireless switch" feature)....it's still very exciting.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Stupid auto update downloaded that Window Genuine crap. How do I get rid of that bastard, those little pop ups telling my to buy a Windows licence is getting annoying.

News.com reports on the new name for the next generation of Core Duo processors, now known as the Core 2 Duo.

The Core 2 Duo will be the new name for the upcoming Merom (mobile) and Conroe (desktop) processors which are now expected as early as July/August. Meanwhile, "Core 2 Extreme" will be Intel's name for the high end desktop processor.

Merom and Conroe processors are distinguished by their model numbers - 4000 and 6000 series for Conroe and 5000 and 7000 series for Merom.

An unverified anonymous source claims that Apple stores are receiving materials for a new window display that's labeled "do not open until Tuesday, May 9th." The source also claims that Apple has directed its stores to push iBook sales this weekend, presumably to clear out inventory.

Recent rumors have pointed to the Macbook being released in May, but no specific date had been given.

Update 3: Other reports claim the MacBooks will come in Black and White configurations.