<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud

Yeah, I think we're going to try VPN.

Sorry I'm going on about this.

But, we pay for the service. Comcast KNEW about P2P (not sure about BT) when they got into the ISP game. If they were smart, they would create a "unlimited bandwidth" plan, and charge more for it....and say, "We'll look the other way, it's just going to cost you more."

Then they could spend some of the extra revenue on increasing and improving infrastructure.

It looks like the promises that they made regarding Net Neutrality are being broken left and right.

Yeah, I think we're going to try VPN.

Sorry I'm going on about this.

But, we pay for the service. Comcast KNEW about P2P (not sure about BT) when they got into the ISP game. If they were smart, they would create a "unlimited bandwidth" plan, and charge more for it....and say, "We'll look the other way, it's just going to cost you more."

Then they could spend some of the extra revenue on increasing and improving infrastructure.

It looks like the promises that they made regarding Net Neutrality are being broken left and right.

no way. they knew all along. they even advertise "faster downloading of music and video".

what pisses me off is that i am a bandwidth renter. just like if i rent an apartment, i can walk around naked if i want. i don't expect the landlord to walk in and tell me to stop. why? because it is not his right to. same with comcast.

i hope thelawsuit guy wins.

Guest shai_hulud

But unless he can get better lawyers than Comcast, I'm not too optimistic.

Milberg Weiss used to be THE law firm for tech class actions. They got into some trouble a while back.

Actually, since he's in SF I know there's a ton of lawyers that will take cases like this. Conversely, there's a ton of lawyers that DEFEND companies like Comcast here.

When they said they provided better bandwidth for music and video, I'm pretty sure P2P wasn't what they had in mind. Probably more like streaming and iTMS. It's shady, but it's that or AT&T.

But unless he can get better lawyers than Comcast, I'm not too optimistic.

Milberg Weiss used to be THE law firm for tech class actions. They got into some trouble a while back.

Actually, since he's in SF I know there's a ton of lawyers that will take cases like this. Conversely, there's a ton of lawyers that DEFEND companies like Comcast here.

When they said they provided better bandwidth for music and video, I'm pretty sure P2P wasn't what they had in mind. Probably more like streaming and iTMS. It's shady, but it's that or AT&T.

they all go through the same backbones. at&t/NSA

p.s.: he might actually win...since california/san francisco is very liberal....of course, you never know....he's got a ton of evidence proving they are throttling and lying about it.

downloadnow.pngDownload now (1 MB

Download an unrestricted and free trial of iPodRip. You can purchase a licensed copy for US$14.95.

Updates from earlier versions are free for registered users.

http://www.thelittleappfactory.com/application.php?app=iPodRip

if you want free you know what to do

WE DO NOT CONDONE THE USE PIRATED SOFTWARE, IF YOU WANT IT GO FIND IT YERSELF

Guest shai_hulud

Oh, good! I think you'll like it.

You can install applications with the LiveCD with Synaptic. It loads them into RAM...which means that you lose them when you shut the machine off, but it's a good way to try stuff out.

I'll help you as much as I can, but check out the PCLinuxOS forum, too.

The good thing about PCLinxOS is that it doesn't require any tweaking or command line skills for most people to enjoy it. If you stick with Linux, you'll need to learn some of tht stuff eventually. It's really not that hard, though.