<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

do learn more... I used to know more, but technology passes you by quickly if you don't keep up with it.. i need to get back on it.. one of these days.. when i have some more free time..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest R@ndomH3ro

Alright, got a problem I cant solve.

My laptop is connected to my wireless network. And every time I get on the internet is just craps out..i click on a link and it goes slow or it doesnt load the page at all. sometimes it drops the connection. But I have a good signal...the router is just upstairs.

I tried a ipconfig /release and renew...

I cleared the cache out of my browser

I even defrag and cleaned up my computer

but it still runs slow internet or doesnt connect.

Also my network is secure so it cant be someone stealing my internets.

I still can't figure out how to get a static ip address to configure my router.

All teh guides on portforward.com seem as though they miss out whatever you need somewhere, and I think I have followed it to the letter, yet still my utorrent doesn't work.

I'm 2 weeks behind on CYE and this is strating to piss me off.

I still can't figure out how to get a static ip address to configure my router.

All teh guides on portforward.com seem as though they miss out whatever you need somewhere, and I think I have followed it to the letter, yet still my utorrent doesn't work.

I'm 2 weeks behind on CYE and this is strating to piss me off.

what kind of router you got?

do you have the port that you selected on utorrent open on the router?

I have a Dlink DI-524

I got this far, and I tried to change my port number as the initial advice I was given from a friend didn't work (that was the uTorrent one) and the one I found online was the Utor1 when I changed my port number.

I'm totally stuck and can't be bothered diconnecting my router to download stuff each and every time.

lost.jpg.fe6705c33c3d5ec389e0437adf3f0919.jpg

I don't really understand any of that sorry casek.

I tried the .150 number instead of the .127 I had, as was in the 2nd page, but reading all the technical stuff made me more confused.

I'm getting my standard upload speeds but not downloads as well, if that makes a difference at all.

did you force encryption? they may be using sandvine against you guys, too.

comcast in the states is using it.

anyone have any experience with portable navigation systems?...i have a garmin nuvi360. i turn it on and it always says searching for satelite and never works. it worked fine for a while and then this happened, its happened before and after hours of searching web forums somehow i figured it out but have no idea what i did. cant send it back because i wasnt the original buyer. if any one has any experience or knows a good tech site for this let me know please, heading on a trip soon. tanks

well sense its not working lets reset it and clear all settings

1. disconnect the nuvi from the external power.

2. flip up the GPS antenna.

3. press the Reset button ( on the back )

4. connect it back up to a power source. the nuvu should automatically turn on and operate normally

now to clear all user information( yer choice do if you want too)

1. hold yer finger on the upper-right corner of the nuvi screen while you turn on the nuvi. Kep your fingers pressed until the pop-up window appears

2. touch YES. All factory settings are restored. Yer recent selections and audio bookmars are also deleted

Acquiring Satellite

1 go outside with ( with a fully charged device) away from tall trees and buildings

2 Flip up the GPS antenna on the back on the nuvi, so that its parallel with the ground.

3 Turn on the nuvi. Acquiring satellite signals can take up to 5-7 minutes

the bars indicate satellite strengh, when the bars are green, the nuvi has found the signals; now you can select the destination and navigate to it, ( to use it inddors as mp3 player, close the GPS antenna)

Guest shai_hulud

Oh, cool. Yeah, I like the idea behind anonym.os. Have you messed around with Asterisk yet?

Still working on white/grey hat stuff?

That's fine about the PPC thing. My friend who I'm staying with offered to let me set up his old g4 as a Linux box. I can get a kernel running in Ubuntu 6.10 (the only PPC LiveCD out there), but there's some videocard driver issues (X won't load). It's not a huge deal, just annoying.

I'll figure it out someday.

Probably not today, however.