<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

well its running xp pro.. my motherboards limit is 2 gigs.. the slots are clean as I repleaced 2 256mb chips that ran fine when I dropped these in... and I don't smoke around the computer... though it might be some kind of weird virus considering my roommates bad internet browsing habits.. I am amazed that people can think its ok to click on some of the links these people click on and some of the sites that these people go to.... I really need to stick a 486 out there and tell them to go fuck off if they complain that the net is to slow...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
spectr smokes pcp in his bedroom. that is why his computer isn't responding. he turned it into a quantum computer. it's in ghostspace

No its dmt not pcp... shit get it right casek.. and did you hear about that canadian company who claims to have made a quantum computer...

yeah. they released it last week. it's slow, but it is a quantum comp.

just wait another year or so. these things are going to blow our minds.

btw: when you want to rant (eastbay and sneakandcreep) rant in here. no one cares.

tesseract is the only mod that comes in here to keep tabs on us. or maybe he's not keeping tabs, maybe he's learning?

actually from what I read its not a true quantum computer... it just is capable of doing quantum computations.. they just showed it off to prove that the theory is right and that they are going to be able to make one... yeah I think its more like 3 or 4 years off..

actually from what I read its not a true quantum computer... it just is capable of doing quantum computations.. they just showed it off to prove that the theory is right and that they are going to be able to make one... yeah I think its more like 3 or 4 years off..

don't be so sure. the advances in quantum computing are making huge leaps every day.

it is a quantum computer technically, but yeah, you are right about the "proving the theory" thing

well its really simple in theory.. surprisingly simple actually... and I do agree that huge leaps are being made.. I also understand why they didn't release all the scientific data on the computer... but still I have my doubts, that they will be able to pull it off in the next year.. though if they can.. props..

but here.. on the fact that its not a true quantum computer...

Skeptics point out, though, that D-Wave has not published its work in peer-reviewed journals. So doubts abound concerning whether the company is demonstrating true quantum computing. Perhaps that's why, according to AP, D-Wave's CEO Herb Martin emphasized that the machine is "not a true quantum computer and is instead a kind of special-purpose machine that uses some quantum mechanics to solve problems."

from here...

http://www.smalltimes.com/display_article/285146/109/ARTCL/none/none/D-Wave-generates-buzz-with-quantum-computer-demo/

though what this will mean for quantum mechanics, and other fields of study is going to be incredible.. Once these drop we will have a whole new understanding of the universe...

well its really simple in theory.. surprisingly simple actually... and I do agree that huge leaps are being made.. I also understand why they didn't release all the scientific data on the computer... but still I have my doubts, that they will be able to pull it off in the next year.. though if they can.. props..

but here.. on the fact that its not a true quantum computer...

Skeptics point out, though, that D-Wave has not published its work in peer-reviewed journals. So doubts abound concerning whether the company is demonstrating true quantum computing. Perhaps that's why, according to AP, D-Wave's CEO Herb Martin emphasized that the machine is "not a true quantum computer and is instead a kind of special-purpose machine that uses some quantum mechanics to solve problems."

from here...

http://www.smalltimes.com/display_article/285146/109/ARTCL/none/none/D-Wave-generates-buzz-with-quantum-computer-demo/

though what this will mean for quantum mechanics, and other fields of study is going to be incredible.. Once these drop we will have a whole new understanding of the universe...

yeah, i hear ya. it is, but isn't at the same time. i think maybe they didn't release anything to peer groups b/c of trade secrets. i'd hope that is the reason, anyhow.

as for the advances in science, etc spurring from quantum computing, dude, we have no idea, scientists have no idea. ghost space, man. calculating in ghost space. instantaneous. fuck yeah.

Yeah I am hoping its trade secrets.. thats actually the only plausible excuse I can come up with.. but man its going to blow the lid off the scientific community once some of these crazy bastards get their hands on them... astrophysics has been waiting for something like this for years...

Yeah I am hoping its trade secrets.. thats actually the only plausible excuse I can come up with.. but man its going to blow the lid off the scientific community once some of these crazy bastards get their hands on them... astrophysics has been waiting for something like this for years...

did you catch that shit on the history channel about star trek technology and its influence on modern tech? neat shit.

now, when i think quantum computers, i think better stabilization for high speed jets (b1, stealth fighter/attack, etc), i think more answers to huge mathematical probs encountered by many number crunching uni's around the world, i think SETI is going to be able to crunch all that data they get every day in a matter of moments, i think fucking star trek. fuck yeah.

ps: i am not afan of star trek, just tech.

did you catch that shit on the history channel about star trek technology and its influence on modern tech? neat shit.

now, when i think quantum computers, i think better stabilization for high speed jets (b1, stealth fighter/attack, etc), i think more answers to huge mathematical probs encountered by many number crunching uni's around the world, i think SETI is going to be able to crunch all that data they get every day in a matter of moments, i think fucking star trek. fuck yeah.

ps: i am not afan of star trek, just tech.

No actually I avoided watching it... and I like star trek.. all the concepts they have are really well based in science its pretty fucking amazing..

Some of the things I think of are light speed communication, nano tech, understanding of the big bang, and what actually happened... understanding black holes, and gravity waves... proof of alternate dimensions.. and possibly proof of time travel using photons..

and yeah seti is going to be able to process more data.. I love the seti project.. Though I honestly don't foresee the human race finding proof of intelligent life in my lifetime..

haha.. I used to listen to that show all the time when he did it.. now its just every once in a while... and yeah I head something about that... the one article that really got me in the last couple years was the physicist who laid out time travel and how it would be highly improbable for humans because we have to much mass... but thought it could be proven with photons at some point in time in the next 100 years...

star trek and star wars completely suck you fucking nerds

dam man thanks for letting me know.. actually I am not a big fan of star wars ever since he decided to make new movies...

I just read up on that.. its interesting.. thought it looks more like he isn't quite on the level..

gravity drives are where its at... though getting a human to survive the trip in one is going to be a bit of a trick even after we finally figure out how to build one..

for right now solar sails are the way to go...

well thats still a few years off... hopefully in the next few years space travel will become more common since private investors are getting into it... of course that also means corporations will rule the universe at some point in time in the future.. but hey... they already rule the planet so its all good..

rollerball (the original)

that movie was the shit...

hey I am kinda unhappy with mozilla recently.. I am looking for a new browser for windows .. thinking about switching back to opera any suggestions.. been using mozilla for the last few years but the newest one has some problems that I have noticed that annoy the hell out of me..

what are the problems you have found?

well its a resource hog...

it crashes way to fucking often....

it likes to lag out on just about any machine I use...

speed... it takes its sweet time loading some sites.... versus IE or Opera...

some other random annoying shit that I can't think of since I just woke up... but will be more then glad to post after I drink a cup of iced coffee..

well its a resource hog...

it crashes way to fucking often....

it likes to lag out on just about any machine I use...

speed... it takes its sweet time loading some sites.... versus IE or Opera...

some other random annoying shit that I can't think of since I just woke up... but will be more then glad to post after I drink a cup of iced coffee..

mine crashes quite a bit, too. it's mozilla, it will get fixed.