<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

ok lets start over do you know what a processor is (it is the box that the monitor is connected to via a cable) inside this box is the parts that run the computer

hard drive = we will say where data is stored forever

power supply = where all the parts get power to run

RAM memory = temporary data flows through it

CD/DVDROM drive = this holds/runs the cds you put into the computer

floppy drive = old crap that is a waste of space

system board/motherboard = this is where all the magic happens it has all your shit on it it holds the ram/graphics card/network card/modem/sound/central processing unit/ and other crap

as from what i gather you are telling me that you checked all the cables and everything is plugged in

when you press the power button nothing happens, is this correct??

you said the monitor turns on correct??

A yellow,or orange, monitor indicator light indicates no signal is getting to the monitor from the video card which in return the video card is plugged into the system/motherboard/ which is connected to the power supply

as you said the computer light turns orange correct??

Sometimes PCS get stuck in standby mode... many computer companies distribute BIOS updates which fix issues with computers not returning from sleep mode... #1 Hold down the power button on your computer for 5-10 seconds, this will shut it off completely. #2 Turn it back on, if button still stays orange,

1 of 2 possible things has happened... Either 1, Something is wrong with your graphics

usually monitor light stays orange if it cannot detect a signal... Or 2, you need to reset your computers BIOS settings, to do that you will need to actually open up the computer, and switch a certian jumper (little blue plastic thing sticking on the motherboard very small) to reset your bios... MOST CERTAINLY if you shut your pc OFF by holding down the power button or unplugging it, and you turn it back on and see ORANGE light, MOST CERTAINLY it is not asleep, computer never resumes sleep mode once you have shut it off, so it is something else... You will need to update your BIOS once you get it up and running so it wont happen again... To update your bios you will need to go to your pcs manufacturing site and see the updates for it, under BIOS your update will be listed. For example, if you have Hp go to http://www.dell.com and look for your make and model of computer. Follow instructions on BIOS update strictly, or you will screw over your computer.

and no i would not send you a power supply i was offering to help find a place where YOU could go and buy one but i would need the model of the computer to find one that is compatible with your system

oooo ok

alright

ill try to figure it out

ill probably end up calling some computer service though....:p

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest R@ndomH3ro

Safety Shoes For Prostitutes

plataformas_Tech.jpg

The Aphrodite platform shoes is a high-tech shoe for prostitutes. To deal with the safety concerns associated with the job, the shoe comes with a piercing loud alarm system and a GPS receiver. It also comes with a emergency button that relays both the prostitute’s location and a silent alarm signal to public emergency services. A prototype of the shoe will come with an integrated LCD screen, speakers, Internet connection and GPS tracking system.

HAHAHA...didnt know where else to post this.

New help available for e-mail addicts

Twelve-step program aims to manage, cure messaging obsession

Alcoholics have one, and so do drug abusers. Now people addicted to e-mail also have a 12-step program designed to tackle their obsession.

An executive coach in Pennsylvania has devised a plan to teach people how to manage the electronic tool, which some users say can be as much an intrusive waste of time as it is fast-paced and efficient.

Developed for cases such as a golfer who checked his BlackBerry after every shot, and lost a potential client who wanted nothing to do with his obsession, Marsha Egan’s plan taps into deepening concern that e-mail misuse can cost businesses millions of dollars in lost productivity.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17238875/

Speakers from Mars

alienspeakers.jpg

If H.G. Wells had envisioned a set of speakers that could take over the planet, they would have looked like these.

This Martian-impersonating pair hails from Western Ireland, created by former BMW designer Aonghus O'hEocha. Hammacher Schlemmer says the hand-crafted 200-watt isobaric speakers "provide the clearest three-dimensional soundstage performance available." They'd better, when you see the price: $9,000.

Then again, as eyeball-shaped alien speakers go, that's a lot cheaper than Cabesse's $150,000 "La Sphere." Talk about the end of the world.

Safety Shoes For Prostitutes

plataformas_Tech.jpg

The Aphrodite platform shoes is a high-tech shoe for prostitutes. To deal with the safety concerns associated with the job, the shoe comes with a piercing loud alarm system and a GPS receiver. It also comes with a emergency button that relays both the prostitute’s location and a silent alarm signal to public emergency services. A prototype of the shoe will come with an integrated LCD screen, speakers, Internet connection and GPS tracking system.

HAHAHA...didnt know where else to post this.

Priceless...

just coming in here to vent and bump the thread.

i'm stressing hard right now because i just got the new computer

for the chinese food restaurant wired up and i'm afraid to plug it in.

not because i think i did something wrong, but because of the program

that they use is in half chinese, half engrish. it's custom and costed these people

too much. ($5 large)

anyhow, as we all know, if you build a computer, you can't usually

just stick a hard drive in a computer with a new mobo and expect all the old

shit to work.

albeit, this isn't windows, so i don't know what i'm going to run into here.

if it doesn't work i've got to figure out how to throw winblows on the computer in the front of the restaurant (the one i rebuilt) and a crap computer hooked up to a printer of receipts in the back with the take out orders. the cooks only speak chinese, so this is all in chinese.

so, then i'll be using a interwebs translator and some kind of simple network back to the kitchen and a printer driver (if one is made) for windows. that is going to piss me off., i can feel it.

the good side is this: money. i need to make some. i've been talking about working more for a few months now. i need to be saving all of my dough.

well 12oz did make a little update

they were running

Linux - Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) PHP/5.1.6 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

and now are running

Linux - Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) PHP/5.2.0 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a