<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

most problems between IE and FF browsers with flash is only providing the "src" in the place used by one of the browsers instead of both i can never remember which goes to which, but I know it's necessary to have the location of the flash file defined in both of these places:

<param name="movie" value="path/to/file.swf">

<embed src="path/to/file.swf" ...

so look at the source and see what it looks like

Here's a research report on "unblurring" information on checks and credit-cards that has been scrambled with the Photoshop "mosaic" effect -- this guy claims that he can extract the hidden numbers

blurredcheck.jpg

What does this mean? Well, let's take the mozaic version of 0000001 (zoomed in): ... and identify the brightness level (0-255) of each mozaic region, indexing them in some consistent fashion as a=[a_1,a_2...,a_n]: In this case, the account number 0000001 creates mozaic brightness vector a(0000001)=[213,201,190,...]. We find the mozaic brightness vector for every account number in a similar fashing using a script to blur each image and read off the brightnesses. Let a(x) be the function of the account number x. a(x)_i denotes the ith vector value of the mozaic brightness vector a obtained from account number x. Above, a(0000001)_1 = 213. We now do the same for the original check image we found online or wherever, obtaining a vector we hereby call z=[z_1,z_2,...z_n]

Guest R@ndomH3ro

To lazy to search

I need.

A. A program to rip encyp DVDs

B. Something that converts them to Ipod friendly

C. Something to convert third party mp3 to put them on the Ipodz

I know...lame. Not for me

External PCI-Express Graphics for Laptops

Mobile gamers will love the first-of-its-kind Asus XG Station.

Danny Allen, PC World

LAS VEGAS -- Notebook gamers rejoice! ASUS today announced a first-of-its-kind device that allows PCI-Express graphic cards from a desktop computer to be used with a notebook.

The orange/grey toned docking station, dubbed the XG Station, connects into the ExpressCard slot found on most new notebooks. The full-sized graphics card inside the XG Station then powers an external monitor, which becomes the primary display. The right side of the XG Station also features two USB 2.0 ports, a Dolby 5.1 audio-output jack, and a microphone input (perfect for gaming headsets).

ASUS said it expects to start shipping the XG Station around May for around $600 (possibly including a 3-year warranty) and most likely bundled with an ASUS EN7900GS board (our number 3 ranked graphics card at press time). The company was tight-lipped when asked if it would offer the unit without the bundled board, but in my brief time with a pre-production unit here at CES 2007, I did notice that you can easily swap in your own card.

A Closer Look

The XG Station features a large, 5-inch-wide, car-stereo-like control panel on its front. This displays real time information such as master volume, a game's current fame rate per second, in addition to clock speed and fan speed statistics for the graphics card itself. These settings can easily be adjusted using either the large function knob, or through software that mimics the look and feel of the hardware. You'll be able to position the XG Station either horizontally or vertically, and the number read-out will automatically rotate.

128401-XGstation.jpg Positioned horizontally, the L-shaped device measures 10.75-inches wide by 4.5-inches high by 6.35-inches long. ASUS confirmed support for Windows Vista and Windows XP in addition to most modern ATI and Nvidia PCI-Express boards. The notable exception: Nvidia's recent high-end 8800-based cards (they're too long to fit inside the XG Station's casing).

The First of a New Series?

A mesh-like grill on the rear slope of the XG Station lets you see the graphics card inside bathed in blue light. Written above this area is "ASUS Gaming Series XG", which could give the impression that this is the first in a new line of products. When I pressed the company a little further, it declined to comment on this, future designs, or possible SLI/CrossFire multi-card support.

For notebook gamers happy with their 17- or 19-inch internal display, the company did say it doesn't plans to allow the card to feed its output back into the internal screen of a notebook, pointing out that such desktop replacement models usually have decent discrete graphics as it is.

Performance

As mentioned, the XG Station lets you overclock its graphics card in real-time simply by turning the large control knob. Though you won't quite get the same performance as you would if that same card was used a desktop PC, this is a welcomed feature. Out of the box, ASUS claims an up-to-9-times performance boost over integrated Intel 945GM graphics. Of course, now that we've got a unit to test, we'll let you know our full results in the very near future.

Alright, here's a new one for you boys:

I got two pc's given to me a while ago. When i first received them i went through everything i could think of/research. The prob is on each boot up it just stalls at a black screen with a blinking cursor. I haven;t messed with them in a few months so that's all i can remember. If you can't think of any fix from the little info i gave, i understand, i'm bein mad lazy yo.

hard drives seem ok? both comps boot to prompt?

maybe no operating system. maybe bad hard drives.

maybe bad ram. could be alot of things. one day when you have some free time, get hem out.

one at a time would be preferable. we can guide you through the steps to test both out.

once you learn it on one, shouldn't be a big deal on the other.

something else you can do, download and burn an iso of a livecd such as ubuntu live.

would be beneficial.

Anyone know how to give a "name" to my Mac?

My shitty ass Comcast router wont let me simply add my IP address or mac address to the DMZ list, it needs to have a name.

Why does it run at 10mps with an Ethernet cable and not even 1mb with the router.

Is wifi really THAT shitty compared to wired?

Chips.

i think what you probably need to do is go to your routers page 192.168.1.1

is the usual, and you'll see where the name, etc is. should be staring you right in the face.

as for wifi: most newer shit is 54mbps. so, no. it's not shittier. you're justing setting it up improperly. common mistake.

if my suggestions don't help, let me know. i'll dig into it a little further.

Casek I appreciate the help.

I gotta get up for a job interview though (it's 3:40 here).

I'll hit you up tomorrow, if you can fix this you're a god :D

Edit: One of the main problems is that the router I am using is unbelievably crippled by comcasts own gateway software.

It's a Netgear CG814WG

Here's a link of some screenshots

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/CG814WG/Warcraft_III.htm

So far it's been "proven" that this is one of maybe 3 routers that is impossible to get the Nintendo Wii online due to firewall issues.

Just another issue I am having with said router.